I don't believe in a "God of the gaps" I believe in God because I feel him inside me

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Atheists don't understand that the heart and soul of a Christian belongs to God and that God moves within us and inspires our actions. We don't need to prove our faith to anyone.

Atheists don't understand that the heart and soul of a Christian belongs to God and that God moves within us and inspires our actions. We don't need to prove our faith to anyone.
You can't prove the immaculate conception or the resurrection. You must have faith those super-natural things happened, right?

You can't prove the immaculate conception or the resurrection. You must have faith those super-natural things happened, right?
Yes.

No faith is necessary once something has been proved.

So you are possessed by the holy spirit of the Roman Catholic Dominion?

To each their own. Atheist, agnostic or believer of another Faith.

I believe this, I intend to get into heaven. Through trial and tribulation, this is my objective.

That's not necessarily a good thing con-sidering the pedophile cases and all those missing children up in Canada.

I for one agree. I only take issue when a Christian tries to rewrite science or history to support their religion.

Yes.

So "proving your faith" is one of those oxymoron thingies huh?

Yes.

Thomas refused to believe in Jesus' resurrection until Jesus appeared to him, told him to put his hands in his wounds.

"You believe because you've seen," Jesus said, "blessed are those who believe without seeing."

That's not necessarily a good thing con-sidering the pedophile cases and all those missing children up in Canada.
I knnow they may mean well to society but behind the doors lurks the same evil in everyone and Christ can't seem to conquer.

We don't need to prove our faith to anyone.
No one asked you to.

The problem manifests when theist, motivated by their personal, subjective beliefs, are inspired to force those beliefs on others by seeking to codify their religious dogma into secular law all must obey.

We don’t need such theocratic authoritarianism.

Yes.

Thomas refused to believe in Jesus' resurrection until Jesus appeared to him, told him to put his hands in his wounds.

"You believe because you've seen," Jesus said, "blessed are those who believe without seeing."
Yes the Doubting Thomas (fable) from John.

Forum List

Back