Lady Antebellum Update

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

so, lady antebellum changes their name to lady a so they can show they're woke and care about black people. the name they go with is lady a. well, lady a is a black blues singer that lady antebellum is now spending $10 mil to sue to get the rights to the name so they can show everyone how much they care about black people.

except this one apparently.

congrats left - you've outdone yourself in the WTF department.

Well Damn! I'm wondering if the real Lady A ever went through the legal process to trade mark her name. Because if she already owned the trademark, how could Lady Antebellum be able to sue.

The answer may be in the OPs linked article, but I am too lazy to read through all of it.

Well Damn! I'm wondering if the real Lady A ever went through the legal process to trade mark her name. Because if she already owned the trademark, how could Lady Antebellum be able to sue.

The answer may be in the OPs linked article, but I am too lazy to read through all of it.
they were trying to back in 2010/2011 timeframe and this is when the blues singer took the name while it was in process; so the singer couldn't have known.

they may win the suit but the irony is hilarious to me.

What is called country music today, which sounds nothing like country music of the past, is referred to by country music legend George Strait, as "HICK HOP," and described by others as "POP WITH A FIDDLE." I don't know who listens to that generic, cookie cutter sounding crap but, I couldn't care less about Lady A. Looks to me like they're surely infringing on another artists name, and I hope they have to pay, both for the legal fees, and by fans not buying their music anymore because they're a bunch of pathetic, woke, pandering dumbasses.

What is called country music today, which sounds nothing like country music of the past, is referred to by country music legend George Strait, as "HICK HOP," and described by others as "POP WITH A FIDDLE." I don't know who listens to that generic, cookie cutter sounding crap but, I couldn't care less about Lady A. Looks to me like they're surely infringing on another artists name, and I hope they have to pay, both for the legal fees, and by fans not buying their music anymore because they're a bunch of pathetic, woke, pandering dumbasses.
it ain't that easy. it's also hard to take you seriously about the actual issue when you spend 10 minutes of a prequel bitching at the form of music which honestly has nothing to do with the issue itself.

now - they were going for a Lady A trademark in 2010-2011 i believe and in that time a blues singer started using it. while they were granted Lady A after the use from the other singer, they never went back to it til they decided to "self-pre-police" themselves.

no one was bitching at Lady Antebellum. NO ONE. so their decisions to show how WOKE they are ran their train off track and i think it's hilarious.

so, lady antebellum changes their name to lady a so they can show they're woke and care about black people. the name they go with is lady a. well, lady a is a black blues singer that lady antebellum is now spending $10 mil to sue to get the rights to the name so they can show everyone how much they care about black people.

I don't think Country Music Fans are as woke as some people think they are. Look at the Dixie Chicks........ERRRRR........The Chicks..........................ERRRR.......The Old Wrinkled Chicks

What happened to that chick in Antebellum??? She was so hot at one time. Now she's fat and ugly

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I don't think Country Music Fans are as woke as some people think they are. Look at the Dixie Chicks........ERRRRR........The Chicks..........................ERRRR.......The Old Wrinkled Chicks

What happened to that chick in Antebellum???.She was so hot at one time. Now she's fat and ugly

Time.

What happened to that chick in Antebellum???.She was so hot at one time. Now she's fat and ugly

Time.
Parsley...Sage....Rosemary..............

it ain't that easy. it's also hard to take you seriously about the actual issue when you spend 10 minutes of a prequel bitching at the form of music which honestly has nothing to do with the issue itself.

now - they were going for a Lady A trademark in 2010-2011 i believe and in that time a blues singer started using it. while they were granted Lady A after the use from the other singer, they never went back to it til they decided to "self-pre-police" themselves.

no one was bitching at Lady Antebellum. NO ONE. so their decisions to show how WOKE they are ran their train off track and i think it's hilarious.
I'm just sayin'... I listen to a lot of music, but ZERO so called country. It's cookie cutter BS and sounds like pop with a fiddle.

And I agree with your sentiment about Lady whoever changing their name to show how woke they are. I hope they suffer.

I'm just sayin'... I listen to a lot of music, but ZERO so called country. It's cookie cutter BS and sounds like pop with a fiddle.

And I agree with your sentiment about Lady whoever changing their name to show how woke they are. I hope they suffer.
Now lets add in NASCAR fans in this recipe which are huge CM fans. Add a fake noose, sprinkle some flag burning....mix in a lot of looting and burning............stir and agitate it all vigorously, mix it all in a 9 by 9 pan..................put on 400 degrees and watch it blow up.

Now lets add in NASCAR fans in this recipe which are huge CM fans. Add a fake noose, sprinkle some flag burning....mix in a lot of looting and burning............stir and agitate it all vigorously, mix it all in a 9 by 9 pan..................put on 400 degrees and watch it blow up.
Yep... I guess the NFL and NASCAR just have a death wish, because they're circling the toilet right now.

yea, i don't get into the look / feel of todays country. most music can run and out of that phase and i've not really listened to country since the late 80s / early 90s. used to hang out in country bars in dallas and have people think i was travis tritt. don't have that problem all these pounds later. :)

i just hate the fact they are now making someone using that name for 9 years now must change so 1 group can say LOOK AT US WE ARE WOKE.

the onion may as well go offline for a year or two at least.

What happened to that chick in Antebellum??? She was so hot at one time. Now she's fat and ugly
She should go through "reconstruction".
And yeah, modern "country" music is neither country not music, most of the time.
It is a God awful hybrid that takes the worst of both genres (pop and country) and turns them
into a musical Frankenstein's monster.

Is it ironic and horrible this band is robbing some artist of her identity so they can pander to woke fools
that probably hate Lady Antebellum anyway? Yes. It is.

Last edited:

Yep... I guess the NFL and NASCAR just have a death wish, because they're circling the toilet right now.
i'm done with them. been watching since 1972 timeframe as a kid wearing a helmet with horns on it and being a "viking" and shortly after that becoming a lifelong cowboys fan.

i just don't give a damn about any of them anymore.

• Thanks

yea, i don't get into the look / feel of todays country. most music can run and out of that phase and i've not really listened to country since the late 80s / early 90s. used to hang out in country bars in dallas and have people think i was travis tritt. don't have that problem all these pounds later. :)

i just hate the fact they are now making someone using that name for 9 years now must change so 1 group can say LOOK AT US WE ARE WOKE.

the onion may as well go offline for a year or two at least.
I used to hang out in the big country bars in Vegas way back in the early 80's myself. The music was pretty good and so was all the women that showed up. Did lots of two stepping and even some line dancing... :lol:

Just did a search on my Amazon Music Unlimited and both Lady Antebellum and Lady A come up for the same group, but not anything for that other Lady A blues singer. Kinda odd, since Amazon Music does have a rather large, extensive library. In any case, this antebellum bunch probably thinks they're rich enough and big enough to push this other singer around, so how very woke of them to beat down someone else to show how SENSITIVE they are... ass wipes.

i'm done with them. been watching since 1972 timeframe as a kid wearing a helmet with horns on it and being a "viking" and shortly after that becoming a lifelong cowboys fan.

Yep, living in WI, you're just brought up to be a Packers fan. I remember watching the Green Bay Packers with my grandpa 50+ years ago.

But this year will be year 3 I'm not watching, and at this point, I couldn't care less. I don't miss it at all. Screw 'em.

Yep, living in WI, you're just brought up to be a Packers fan. I remember watching the Green Bay Packers with my grandpa 50+ years ago.

But this year will be year 3 I'm not watching, and at this point, I couldn't care less. I don't miss it at all. Screw 'em.
packers were always a close 2nd through time. 3rd when i got tired of whoever was QB at the time. :) but the entire concept is the core of what football should be about.

• Thanks

packers were always a close 2nd through time. 3rd when i got tired of whoever was QB at the time. :) but the entire concept is the core of what football should be about.
It baffles me to no end WHY these FOR PROFIT entities turn full blown political, knowing it's going to hurt their bottom line, and even possibly kill the entire enterprise... I just don't get it.

It baffles me to no end WHY these FOR PROFIT entities turn full blown political, knowing it's going to hurt their bottom line, and even possibly kill the entire enterprise... I just don't get it.
well i do believe we are at "critical mass" and the push back to the insanity is going to be ugly.

it makes zero sense to do a "Do or Die" all out blitz the left is doing unless they know it's their final chance.

Forum List

Back