Lady Antebellum Update

What is called country music today, which sounds nothing like country music of the past, is referred to by country music legend George Strait, as "HICK HOP," and described by others as "POP WITH A FIDDLE." I don't know who listens to that generic, cookie cutter sounding crap but, I couldn't care less about Lady A. Looks to me like they're surely infringing on another artists name, and I hope they have to pay, both for the legal fees, and by fans not buying their music anymore because they're a bunch of pathetic, woke, pandering dumbasses.
it ain't that easy. it's also hard to take you seriously about the actual issue when you spend 10 minutes of a prequel bitching at the form of music which honestly has nothing to do with the issue itself.

now - they were going for a Lady A trademark in 2010-2011 i believe and in that time a blues singer started using it. while they were granted Lady A after the use from the other singer, they never went back to it til they decided to "self-pre-police" themselves.

no one was bitching at Lady Antebellum. NO ONE. so their decisions to show how WOKE they are ran their train off track and i think it's hilarious.
I'm just sayin'... I listen to a lot of music, but ZERO so called country. It's cookie cutter BS and sounds like pop with a fiddle.

And I agree with your sentiment about Lady whoever changing their name to show how woke they are. I hope they suffer.
Now lets add in NASCAR fans in this recipe which are huge CM fans. Add a fake noose, sprinkle some flag burning....mix in a lot of looting and burning............stir and agitate it all vigorously, mix it all in a 9 by 9 pan..................put on 400 degrees and watch it blow up.
Yep... I guess the NFL and NASCAR just have a death wish, because they're circling the toilet right now.
i'm done with them. been watching since 1972 timeframe as a kid wearing a helmet with horns on it and being a "viking" and shortly after that becoming a lifelong cowboys fan.

i just don't give a damn about any of them anymore.
Yep, living in WI, you're just brought up to be a Packers fan. I remember watching the Green Bay Packers with my grandpa 50+ years ago.

But this year will be year 3 I'm not watching, and at this point, I couldn't care less. I don't miss it at all. Screw 'em.
packers were always a close 2nd through time. 3rd when i got tired of whoever was QB at the time. :) but the entire concept is the core of what football should be about.
It baffles me to no end WHY these FOR PROFIT entities turn full blown political, knowing it's going to hurt their bottom line, and even possibly kill the entire enterprise... I just don't get it.
I would say the Chicken Shack is an exception. However they never started it........WINNING!!!

What is called country music today, which sounds nothing like country music of the past, is referred to by country music legend George Strait, as "HICK HOP," and described by others as "POP WITH A FIDDLE." I don't know who listens to that generic, cookie cutter sounding crap but, I couldn't care less about Lady A. Looks to me like they're surely infringing on another artists name, and I hope they have to pay, both for the legal fees, and by fans not buying their music anymore because they're a bunch of pathetic, woke, pandering dumbasses.
it ain't that easy. it's also hard to take you seriously about the actual issue when you spend 10 minutes of a prequel bitching at the form of music which honestly has nothing to do with the issue itself.

now - they were going for a Lady A trademark in 2010-2011 i believe and in that time a blues singer started using it. while they were granted Lady A after the use from the other singer, they never went back to it til they decided to "self-pre-police" themselves.

no one was bitching at Lady Antebellum. NO ONE. so their decisions to show how WOKE they are ran their train off track and i think it's hilarious.
I'm just sayin'... I listen to a lot of music, but ZERO so called country. It's cookie cutter BS and sounds like pop with a fiddle.

And I agree with your sentiment about Lady whoever changing their name to show how woke they are. I hope they suffer.
Now lets add in NASCAR fans in this recipe which are huge CM fans. Add a fake noose, sprinkle some flag burning....mix in a lot of looting and burning............stir and agitate it all vigorously, mix it all in a 9 by 9 pan..................put on 400 degrees and watch it blow up.
Yep... I guess the NFL and NASCAR just have a death wish, because they're circling the toilet right now.
i'm done with them. been watching since 1972 timeframe as a kid wearing a helmet with horns on it and being a "viking" and shortly after that becoming a lifelong cowboys fan.

i just don't give a damn about any of them anymore.
Yep, living in WI, you're just brought up to be a Packers fan. I remember watching the Green Bay Packers with my grandpa 50+ years ago.

But this year will be year 3 I'm not watching, and at this point, I couldn't care less. I don't miss it at all. Screw 'em.
packers were always a close 2nd through time. 3rd when i got tired of whoever was QB at the time. :) but the entire concept is the core of what football should be about.
Majikman?

I don't think Country Music Fans are as woke as some people think they are. Look at the Dixie Chicks........ERRRRR........The Chicks..........................ERRRR.......The Old Wrinkled Chicks

What happened to that chick in Antebellum??? She was so hot at one time. Now she's fat and ugly
She should go through "reconstruction".
And yeah, modern "country" music is neither country not music, most of the time.
It is a God awful hybrid that takes the worst of both genres (pop and country) and turns them
into a musical Frankenstein's monster.

Is it ironic and horrible this band is robbing some artist of her identity so they can pander to woke fools
that probably hate Lady Antebellum anyway? Yes. It is.
This is Country in my defining of it.
No synthesizers..................No computers................No fake mics enhancing average voices.No NUTTIN.

But in the end. If a song is good, it is good. No matter how hard you try to pin it.

so, lady antebellum changes their name to lady a so they can show they're woke and care about black people. the name they go with is lady a. well, lady a is a black blues singer that lady antebellum is now spending $10 mil to sue to get the rights to the name so they can show everyone how much they care about black people.

except this one apparently.

congrats left - you've outdone yourself in the WTF department.
I don't think Country Music Fans are as woke as some people think they are. Look at the Dixie Chicks........ERRRRR........The Chicks..........................ERRRR.......The Old Wrinkled Chicks

What happened to that chick in Antebellum??? She was so hot at one time. Now she's fat and ugly
I am sure you are a supermodel's boy toy.

so, lady antebellum changes their name to lady a so they can show they're woke and care about black people. the name they go with is lady a. well, lady a is a black blues singer that lady antebellum is now spending $10 mil to sue to get the rights to the name so they can show everyone how much they care about black people.

i know i am.

just the pillsbury dough boy / sta-puff marshmellow version of the toy.

i know i am.

Same here. I guess he thinks he has a shot with a country star, married to the band's drummer with a child.

I am married to a former local magazine model. I am modeling marrying material Jack. I'm a shade under 6ft, Weigh about 195. 5 lbs over my prime fighting wait. I still have all of my hair. I married an Italian Princess Skippy.

No synthesizers..................No computers................No fake mics enhancing average voices.No NUTTIN.

But in the end. If a song is good, it is good. No matter how hard you try to pin it.
Preach it brother! I was raised on Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline though I know she got some flack
for adding strings and orchestration to some of her records which rubbed some old timers the wrong way.

Anyway several years ago I saw the first few minutes of the Country Music Awards and was repulsed by the
way country music had gone pop. It was pathetic.

Preach it brother! I was raised on Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline though I know she got some flack
for adding strings and orchestration to some of her records which rubbed some old timers the wrong way.

Anyway several years ago I saw the first few minutes of the Country Music Awards and was repulsed by the
way country music had gone pop. It was pathetic.
Lol. I know I'm going to get in trouble for posting another vid from the Citizens Police force like Admiral Whorrey.
When this Ass-clown showed up, bout the time CM nosedived.

Lol. I know I'm going to get in trouble for posting another vid from the Citizens Police force like Admiral Whorrey.
I hear ya' though I haven't been a country music fan since it's golden age of the fifties through the early sixties, by and large, and I would go you one better and say Girth Brooks took a teetering genre and gave it a
push right over the ledge into the abyss of suicide before Billy Ray Cyrus got here.

Actually to the extent country has any credence at all I would contend it's been country tinged rock bands
and performers who have kept the genre alive at all.
Big and Rich is a niche act that skirts the genre of country music, at least that I've heard, and you can keep all the rest.

I hear ya' though I haven't been a country music fan since it's golden age of the fifties through the early sixties, by and large, and I would go you one better and say Girth Brooks took a teetering genre and gave it a
push right over the ledge into the abyss of suicide before Billy Ray Cyrus got here.

Actually to the extent country has any credence at all I would contend it's been country tinged rock bands
and performers who have kept the genre alive at all.
Big and Rich is a niche act that skirts the genre of country music, at least that I've heard, and you can keep all the rest.
All about the Benjamins

LMAO! I heard this in the radio this morning. What a bunch of douchbags. Seriously. Lady Antebellum is a disgrace. There was nothing wrong with their name begin with. It just refers to a time period, not particularly anything in that time period. No one believes they chose the name to highlight slavery, unless that's they are telling us. LOL They aren't showing anyone how "woke" they are, just how ignorant they are.

Last edited:

I am married to a former local magazine model. I am modeling marrying material Jack. I'm a shade under 6ft, Weigh about 195. 5 lbs over my prime fighting wait. I still have all of my hair. I married an Italian Princess Skippy.
What size caliber magazine is she? I 'll bet if she is an Italian it is a large caliber!

i know i am.

Same here. I guess he thinks he has a shot with a country star, married to the band's drummer with a child.
but i also squeee when someone pokes my belly. :) thats my toy charm.

LMAO! I heard this in the radio this morning. What a bunch of douchbags. Seriously. Lady Antebellum is a disgrace. There was nothing wrong with their name begin with. It just refers to a time period, not particularly anything in that time period. No one believes they chose the name to highlight slavery, unless that's they are telling us. LOL They aren't showing anyone how "woke" they are, just how ignorant they are.
yea, to show woke to the black plight by taking a name a black person has been using for 9 years and then suing them in the process - shit, you got woke up on both sides in one move.

you almost have to stand back and say "well done".

a former local magazine model...

in 1986 i started taking journalism classes in college. it was to be my minor. we had to interview other people in the class and i got a not too bad looking female but certainly not WHOAH. we were talking and i asked her about her background and she said she was her towns homecoming queen for the year before.

needless to say i got slapped for my "wow, small town" comment.

words don't mean much man but at this point neither does the dick comparisons.

i know i am.

I went from 262 to 192 when I got sick. Now back to 215.

i know i am.

I went from 262 to 192 when I got sick. Now back to 215.
im working my way back down. i won't say from where. :)

Forum List

Back