Kansas gov signs "Constitutional carry" law saying you don't need govt permission to carry a gun

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Now Kansas has become the 6th state to sign a bill saying you don't need the government's permission to carry a gun.

Just like the 2nd amendment mandates.

Amidst all the liberals screaming and wailing, and people still being killed in "gun-free zones" where only criminals carry guns and law-abiding citizens are forbidden to, common sense is slowly spreading among normal Americans.

44 more to go. :D

------------------------------------------------------------

Brownback signs bill that allows permit-free concealed carry of guns in Kansas The Kansas City Star The Kansas City Star

Brownback signs bill that allows permit-free concealed carry of guns in Kansas

By BRYAN LOWRY -
The Kansas City Star

04/02/2015 3:28 PM
Updated: 04/02/2015 6:48 PM

Kansans soon can carry concealed weapons without permits or training under a bill signed by Gov. Sam Brownback on Thursday.

The new law, which kicks in July 1, makes Kansas the sixth state to allow “constitutional carry.” It will allow Kansans 21 and older to carry concealed firearms regardless of whether they have obtained a permit.

Training still will be required for anyone who wants to carry a concealed gun in the 36 states that accept Kansas permits.

Brownback touted the importance of training, explaining that his youngest son took a hunter safety course this past week.

“It was an excellent course. He got a lot out of it. I got a lot out of it. And I want to urge people to take advantage of that,” said Brownback, who was flanked by Republican lawmakers and representatives from the National Rifle Association and Kansas State Rifle Association.

Asked why he did not think training should be required if it is valuable, Brownback said carrying a gun is a constitutional right.

“We’re saying that if you want to do that in this state, then you don’t have to get the permission slip from the government,” Brownback said. “It is a constitutional right, and we’re removing a barrier to that right.”

Now Kansas has become the 6th state to sign a bill saying you don't need the government's permission to carry a gun.

Amidst all the liberals screaming and wailing, and people still being killed in "gun-free zones" where only criminals carry guns and law-abiding citizens are forbidden to, common sense is slowly spreading among normal Americans.

Brownback signs bill that allows permit-free concealed carry of guns in Kansas The Kansas City Star The Kansas City Star

By BRYAN LOWRY -
The Kansas City Star

Kansans soon can carry concealed weapons without permits or training under a bill signed by Gov. Sam Brownback on Thursday.

The new law, which kicks in July 1, makes Kansas the sixth state to allow “constitutional carry.” It will allow Kansans 21 and older to carry concealed firearms regardless of whether they have obtained a permit.

Training still will be required for anyone who wants to carry a concealed gun in the 36 states that accept Kansas permits.

Brownback touted the importance of training, explaining that his youngest son took a hunter safety course this past week.

“It was an excellent course. He got a lot out of it. I got a lot out of it. And I want to urge people to take advantage of that,” said Brownback, who was flanked by Republican lawmakers and representatives from the National Rifle Association and Kansas State Rifle Association.

Asked why he did not think training should be required if it is valuable, Brownback said carrying a gun is a constitutional right.

“We’re saying that if you want to do that in this state, then you don’t have to get the permission slip from the government,” Brownback said. “It is a constitutional right, and we’re removing a barrier to that right.”

Hate to be a wet blanket, but isn't the state saying you don't need our permission to carry a firearm the state saying you may carry a firearm? :)

Plus, before people get too excited, as with cannabis legal in some states, it's still illegal federally. Consequently, while a state might ok open or concealed carry statewide, might still be a federal charge. Or local city for that matter. Or site-specific.

Good for Kansas! I applaud them. Now, if states can violate federal law by making weed legal - it SHOULD be legal to carry concealed without a "permit" from the government. Tit for tat.

To Kansas and the other states that have approved "Constitutional Carry" - Congratulations!

This is probably a good thing. Seeing how these nutjobs are reacting to some state law and some poor pizza joint. We all might need to start carrying soon for protection

By BRYAN LOWRY -
The Kansas City Star

Hate to be a wet blanket, but isn't the state saying you don't need our permission to carry a firearm the state saying you may carry a firearm? :)

It's saying that there is no need to be redundant when the 2nd Amendment already gives you that right.

I may have to move to one of these states, the liberal assholes poured money into my state and LIED to get a gun control measure passed. Yes, I hate their lying guts.

Explain in detail EXACTLY why concealed carry is "illegal federally". Be specific and cite the relevant laws.

You were thinking I couldn't? :)

18 U.S. Code § 930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

"Everyone (hopefully) knows that carrying on federal property, such as in post offices, courthouses, etc. is illegal."
Gray Area Carrying on Federal Property

The practical problem with open carry is that when some guy walks into your establishment in full camo gear, brandishing an AR-15, with a couple pistols in his belt,

you're not supposed to bother him by, for example, calling 911?

lol

It's saying that there is no need to be redundant when the 2nd Amendment already gives you that right.
The 2nd amendment gives you nothing.

It merely forbids all governments in the United States, from restricting your right to own and carry.

Kansas just enacted a law agreeing with it. That's big of them.

But many other states have enacted laws violating it. And Delta4 just pointed out a Federal law that does the same.

They're next.

I wonder, will they respect the property rights of those who post this?
printable-no-guns-allowed-sign.jpg

Probably not since they don't respect the rights of others...

BTW, the 2nd amendment forbids govt from restricting or banning you from carrying a gun.

It does not forbid you from telling someone he can't enter your property. You can. Whether it's because you don't like his face, or don't want any company, or don't like the gun he's carrying. You have that right, quite clearly.

You can't take his gun away. But you can forbid his entrance onto your property. And if he comes in anyway (for whatever reason), he's guilty of trespassing, and you can have him arrested for it.

Does this mean mentally disturbed people can carry concealed guns? I am a strong proponent of the right to self defense but, without any limitations, couldn't this turn into the Wild West (not in a good way)?

Does this mean mentally disturbed people can carry concealed guns? I am a strong proponent of the right to self defense but, without any limitations, couldn't this turn into the Wild West (not in a good way)?

Would a law against it STOP a mentally disturbed person from carrying a concealed gun?

Vermont has had Constitutional Carry for as long as I can remember...it's certainly not the wild west.

Constitutional carry - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You were thinking I couldn't? :)

18 U.S. Code § 930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

Federal facilities being the operative words. Federal facilities are considered federal property, hence, have nothing to do with the topic at hand. If someone in Kansas wants to carry a gun down the street while walking to the grocery store there is no federal law against it.

Forum List

Back