Why I carry a handgun, 2024

What a surprise, the spineless lefty atheist doesn't "approve" of religion. Make no mistake serf, if your godverment ordered you to, you'd have your powerless ass in a pew every Sunday.
642o5y.jpg

Why I carry a handgun, 2024

25 May 2024 ~~ By Mike McDaniel

No one really knows how many Americans regularly carry handguns, concealed or openly. The number of concealed carry licenses doesn’t tell the tale, particularly since 29 states are now “constitutional carry states.” Unless otherwise prohibited by law, Americans need no license to carry concealed weapons in those states. As I recently noted here at AT, some 36 states allow open carry.
We do know that April was the 57th consecutive month of more than one million gun sales. It’s reasonable to believe tens of millions of Americans regularly carry, and most don’t advertise the fact. But why should anyone carry?

Commentary:
Never leave home without it! Biden’s Amerika is about as safe as any Third World country at this point.
Firearms are like parachutes; if the situation arises where you need either and you don’t have one…. you're S.O L..
"Gun laws disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Who else remembers, back in 2008 when that smartly dressed, well-spoken, Radical Marxist usurper and closet Muslim with questionable citizenship credentials promised us a ‘Fundamental Transformation’ of America and told us how important it was that ‘We’ had a national security force just as powerful, just as strong and just as well funded as the military? Interestingly he neglected to identify exactly who the ‘We’ actually was…. We the People or we the Government? Initially there was speculation that the Peace Corps (Oh the irony!) would become the nucleus of his proposed neo-Marxist-Brown Shirt Brigade but it now seems that the IRS, having already amassed so much data on so much of the population, is apparently considered a more viable candidate. From 2020 to the present the IRS has spent over $10M on firearms, including fully automatic long guns, tactical gear and ammunition. The IRS…!
Please note. The Second Amendment isn’t complicated, Yet, Democrat Neo-Marxists and the "Deep State" have been intent on endless further restrictions, or even overturning it completely, since at least 1934, and probably earlier than that. I’m not onboard with their goals.

Handguns make some people feel safe. Especially those who are scared of their own shadows. I carried for a while -- concealed (legally) and it really didn't affect me, except I tried avoiding mere little confrontations for fear of escalation and what I could do. Carrying made me less argumentative and such.

I guess that comes with being a responsible gun owner.

Handguns make some people feel safe. Especially those who are scared of their own shadows. I carried for a while -- concealed (legally) and it really didn't affect me, except I tried avoiding mere little confrontations for fear of escalation and what I could do. Carrying made me less argumentative and such.

I guess that comes with being a responsible gun owner.
The "thumbs up" is for 90% of this post.
Those "scared of their own shadows" rarely carry a firearm.
Many are the sort who are opposed to others being allowed to do so.
Also, many are the sort who think it possible that outlawing guns will remove them all from American citizens in our society (without having to establish a fascist dictatorship that goes door-to-door.)

The "thumbs up" is for 90% of this post.
Those "scared of their own shadows" rarely carry a firearm.
Many are the sort who are opposed to others being allowed to do so.
Also, many are the sort who think it possible that outlawing guns will remove them all from American citizens in our society (without having to establish a fascist dictatorship that goes door-to-door.)

I've met many people on the road, nomads, who all carry without permits. They are scared of shadows.

Few rational people are for banning all guns. Convolution of things and lying does the cause of carrying great harm.

Stryder50 can disagree all it wants. But facts are facts. I traveled for a few years meeting lots of people in various states who carried (many without legal permits), all scared of their own shadows.

I've met many people on the road, nomads, who all carry without permits. They are scared of shadows.

Few rational people are for banning all guns. Convolution of things and lying does the cause of carrying great harm.
Nomads are a very small slice of citizens in the USA. If stopped and inspected by LEO they could get into much trouble.
You point taken, it's mostly ill-rational people, who dominate the political Left, who are for banning all guns. and/or placing greater restrictions on possession.

QUOTE: "Convolution of things and lying does the cause of carrying great harm." is a challenge from both side of the issue/argument.

Nomads are a very small slice of citizens in the USA. If stopped and inspected by LEO they could get into much trouble.
You point taken, it's mostly ill-rational people, who dominate the political Left, who are for banning all guns. and/or placing greater restrictions on possession.

QUOTE: "Convolution of things and lying does the cause of carrying great harm." is a challenge from both side of the issue/argument.

There are differing groups in the battles over guns. It's all mostly about regulation and safety. People's perceptions differ for sure, but gathering and using data is where the truths lie.

The NRA used to be well respected in most of America. Then it became what it is today.

What is with these Nancy’s?

My 93 year old mother goes in public without a gun
She is not afraid
Assuming this is honest and true, would need more details to validate.
Where does she live and go in public at for a start.
How exactly does she go and where?
Alone?
Carry a purse or anything of value?
Etc....

"not afraid" does not equal being smart or safe.

There are differing groups in the battles over guns. It's all mostly about regulation and safety. People's perceptions differ for sure, but gathering and using data is where the truths lie.

The NRA used to be well respected in most of America. Then it became what it is today.
You just tarred yourself with your own Left-handed brush.
I'm a member of the NRA!

The Armed Citizen® May 24, 2024​

Assuming this is honest and true, would need more details to validate.
Where does she live and go in public at for a start.
How exactly does she go and where?
Alone?
Carry a purse or anything of value?
Etc....

"not afraid" does not equal being smart or safe.

My 93 year old mother has never frequented drug areas after midnight.
She has never needed a gun

NRA used to be about gun sports and safety programs

Then they realized there was more money to be made by fear mongering about the gubmint taking your guns

My 93 year old mother has never frequented drug areas after midnight.
She has never needed a gun
"Drug areas" are not the only place one might encounter someone with a firearm using it for criminal intent, or doing anything else that might be a threat to life or limb.

Most people have never "needed" a gun.
Too many who would have needed a gun won't get that chance anymore. :rolleyes:

NRA used to be about gun sports and safety programs

Then they realized there was more money to be made by fear mongering about the gubmint taking your guns
They still are about gun sports and safety programs.
Looney Leftists and shrinking violet nancys trying to restrict and take guns have pushed the NRA into the political battle.
In my state we already have severe constrictions.
'Death of a thousand paper cuts'.

Firearms | Washington State - Office of the Attorney General

High-Capacity Magazine Restrictions​

Ban on the Sale of Assault Weapons​

Washington State Gun Laws and Regulations Explained | NRA-ILA

Inslee signs slew of bills boosting gun restrictions in Washington

Washington Firearms Laws Summary 2022

Washington State's New Gun Laws Are Among Strongest in the U.S. - T

Gun laws in Washington (state) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back