Kansas gov signs "Constitutional carry" law saying you don't need govt permission to carry a gun

Does this mean mentally disturbed people can carry concealed guns? I am a strong proponent of the right to self defense but, without any limitations, couldn't this turn into the Wild West (not in a good way)?

Since five other states already do this you can surely come up with plenty of Wild West examples and answer your own question, right?

Does this mean mentally disturbed people can carry concealed guns? I am a strong proponent of the right to self defense but, without any limitations, couldn't this turn into the Wild West (not in a good way)?

Would a law against it STOP a mentally disturbed person from carrying a concealed gun?

Vermont has had Constitutional Carry for as long as I can remember...it's certainly not the wild west.

Constitutional carry - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Constitutional carry does necessarily mean concealed carry. Also, Vermont is sparsely populated with few big city crime problems.

Explain in detail EXACTLY why concealed carry is "illegal federally". Be specific and cite the relevant laws.

You were thinking I couldn't? :)

18 U.S. Code § 930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

"Everyone (hopefully) knows that carrying on federal property, such as in post offices, courthouses, etc. is illegal."
Gray Area Carrying on Federal Property
Federal property only and State law does not effect that. You claimed it was illegal just to carry a firearm concealed according to federal law. It is not.

Look at the mass shootings in our recent past. All done by nut jobs who had been diagnosed at an early age as being "bat shit crazy".

It is not the gun. it is the total lack of mental health institutions in this country. we USED to lock away the criminally insane. Then came the ACLU.

you want an answer to the problem? Lock the nut jobs up BEFORE they kill.

Would a law against it STOP a mentally disturbed person from carrying a concealed gun?

Vermont has had Constitutional Carry for as long as I can remember...it's certainly not the wild west.

Constitutional carry does necessarily mean concealed carry. Also, Vermont is sparsely populated with few big city crime problems.

nor does it mean that you can't.

Plus, before people get too excited, as with cannabis legal in some states, it's still illegal federally. Consequently, while a state might ok open or concealed carry statewide, might still be a federal charge. Or local city for that matter. Or site-specific.

What the hell are you blabbering about now. There are no Federal laws pertaining to concealed carry.

I wonder, will they respect the property rights of those who post this?
printable-no-guns-allowed-sign.jpg

Probably not since they don't respect the rights of others...

Of course. I wonder if the businesses that put those signs up will do as much business as they otherwise could have. It's a two way street little Heydrich wanna be.

Which law was it that prevented a deranged asshole from flying his jet filled with people into a mountain in France? Hmmmm? Dumbass.

Which law was it that prevented a deranged asshole from flying his jet filled with people into a mountain in France? Hmmmm? Dumbass.

zing. :clap:
You can't get it through some peoples heads. they just want us disarmed so this government and all the criminals has a free rein to run over us...:dunno:

I was merely asking if the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right for everyone to carry a concealed weapon. Why the hostility?

I was merely asking if the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right for everyone to carry a concealed weapon. Why the hostility?
If you live in the STATE that passes this law it does. there is still background checks, training for carrying a weapon, and such. so it's not going to be a wild west if that's what you think

Forum List

Back