New Jersey, forced to issue concealed carry permits, predicted carnage....gun murder rates actually went down, not up...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
New Jersey, another state that reduced the red tape for carrying a gun after Bruen.....and gun murder rate went down, not up....

The portal is now live and we can look at permit to carry data going back to 2019.
----
In statistics released by the Murphy's office, less than 1,000 people were shot throughout the state last year and statewide only 191 people were killed due to gun violence.

The 924 people shot in 2023 marks a 13-percent decrease in shootings over 2022 and an 8-percent decrease in fatalities due to gun violence as well, the office noted.

"We can officially report that in the year 2023, New Jersey officially saw its lowest number of shootings in nearly 15 years," Murphy -- a second-term Democrat -- said.

With 33,044 more citizens in New Jersey carrying firearms, gun violence went down.
----

It’s the number of Black applicants that’s really a problem for Governor Phil Murphy and his ilk.

12% of the permit to carry applicants were Black and 13.1% of the population in New Jersey is Black. Governor Murphy, what do you do with that kind of data? That’s not a big enough deviation for the anti-gunners. “These people” are the same ones that Assemblyman John McKeon does not want armed. This destroys the anti-gun rhetoric in New Jersey, does it not?

New Jersey, another state that reduced the red tape for carrying a gun after Bruen.....and gun murder rate went down, not up....

The portal is now live and we can look at permit to carry data going back to 2019.
----
In statistics released by the Murphy's office, less than 1,000 people were shot throughout the state last year and statewide only 191 people were killed due to gun violence.

The 924 people shot in 2023 marks a 13-percent decrease in shootings over 2022 and an 8-percent decrease in fatalities due to gun violence as well, the office noted.

"We can officially report that in the year 2023, New Jersey officially saw its lowest number of shootings in nearly 15 years," Murphy -- a second-term Democrat -- said.

With 33,044 more citizens in New Jersey carrying firearms, gun violence went down.
----

It’s the number of Black applicants that’s really a problem for Governor Phil Murphy and his ilk.

12% of the permit to carry applicants were Black and 13.1% of the population in New Jersey is Black. Governor Murphy, what do you do with that kind of data? That’s not a big enough deviation for the anti-gunners. “These people” are the same ones that Assemblyman John McKeon does not want armed. This destroys the anti-gun rhetoric in New Jersey, does it not?

I still like "Stop and Frisk". We have random sobriety check points. Might as well have the same to keep weapons from being carried by criminals. I have my carry permit.

If you support gun control, raise your right hand

See the source image

I still like "Stop and Frisk". We have random sobriety check points. Might as well have the same to keep weapons from being carried by criminals. I have my carry permit.
Will NJ have Reciprocity ( So my California CCW will work when I visit my Daughter & Grandsons in Montclair ?

Will NJ have Reciprocity ( So my California CCW will work when I visit my Daughter & Grandsons in Montclair ?
No idea. Many states have their permits recognized universally, while not accepting any other states, such as Illinois, not recognizing my permit, though our Tennessee requirements to attain carry permit are much higher, though less expensive. Be sure and check the state before visiting. Whether it changes how you carry or not, it is best to know where you stand.

We recognize all states permits, here in Tennessee. It is a conservative state, and reciprocity among the states is a constitutional thing, whether states agree to it or not. It is inferred in Article IV of the US Constitution.
Sections 1 and 2 concern the states’ relationships with each other. Section 1 is referred to as the Full Faith and Credit Clause, and requires states to recognize the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of other states;ALDF_00001753 for example, states must generally give effect to judgments issued by an out-of-state court.ALDF_00001754 Section 2 addresses interstate comity, that is, harmony and cooperation among the states. Its first clause grants the citizens of each state the privileges and immunities of the citizens of other states, preventing states from discriminating against non-residents in favor of their own citizens.:cool:

Explain it to the Sandy Hook and Uvalde parents about how well AR-15s can mow down school children

You guys love dead kids......they give you so much power.........that is why you refuse to protect them in their schools.

Tell us more about those Thoughts and Prayers

How about actually protecting the kids? But no, you need dead kids so you can emotionally black mail innocent Americans into giving you power.....so you will keep schools defenseless..

How about actually protecting the kids? But no, you need dead kids so you can emotionally black mail innocent Americans into giving you power.....so you will keep schools defenseless..

Yes…by making sure mass killer have access to the killing machine of their choice

Forum List

Back