New Jersey, forced to issue concealed carry permits, predicted carnage....gun murder rates actually went down, not up...

Gun nuts think that Gun Free Zones are set up so that a killer will see the signs and turn around and walk away.
They do? Who would have thought that? The last time I checked, everyone believes the opposite, that wannabe mass shooters seek out gun-free zones because they know they'll have plenty of targets to shoot before someone with a gun shows up and stops them.
The reason we have gun free zones is because we don’t want normal confrontations to turn deadly because someone is carrying a gun

Teachers do not want parents who are being told their child has behavioral problems to be armed.
Can you present the last time a teacher was shot while in the process of informing parents that their child was disrupting class? And, before you claim that it's gun free policies preventing it, present evidence from before the policies were created.
Shop keepers don’t want the guy trying to complain about a purchase being armed.
And shop owners are free to declare their shops gun free. Just as above, however, it would behoove you to present evidence of shopkeepers getting shot by customers complaining about a purchase.
Bar tenders don’t want the drunk they are kicking out to be carrying a gun.
Likewise, bar owners are free to declare their property to be gun-free, and I do believe that night clubs routinely screen customers for weapons, but as before, present evidence that bartenders were getting shot by drunks getting ejected from the bar.
Judges don’t want the guy they are convicting to be armed
The last I checked, courtrooms are far from gun-free. There are armed people all over the place. In fact, the very existence of armed security proves that guns increase safety. When rich liberals don't have armed guards around them when they step out into public, I can believe they mean it when they complain about guns.

The last time I checked, everyone believes the opposite, that wannabe mass shooters seek out gun-free zones because they know they'll have plenty of targets to shoot before someone with a gun shows up and stops them.

Have you ever seen a mass shooter who makes that claim?

Have you ever seen a mass shooter who makes that claim?
I will counter that with a question of my own. Have you ever seen a "gun nut" claim what you say here?

Gun nuts think that Gun Free Zones are set up so that a killer will see the signs and turn around and walk away.

I don't personally know any mass shooters, but the twisted logic is evident. If I want to kill as many people as possible, do I go where I am confident there are no guns going to be shooting back at me or a place where I know guns and people trained to use them are present? IOW, do I target a school or a police station, a shopping mall or a bank?

I will counter that with a question of my own. Have you ever seen a "gun nut" claim what you say here?

I don't personally know any mass shooters, but the twisted logic is evident. If I want to kill as many people as possible, do I go where I am confident there are no guns going to be shooting back at me or a place where I know guns and people trained to use them are present? IOW, do I target a school or a police station, a shopping mall or a bank?
You never see a mass shooter at a range or gun store.

Forum List

Back