Just curious,. but when exactly did this Satan guy become part of the Christian narrative?

Untrue.

Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:11-19 allude to the angel Lucifer's original position as a very exalted being, and likely the highest ranking of all the angels. Ezekiel 28:12-15 also states that in addition to being powerful, it's likely that Lucifer was the most beautiful of all of God's creations.

Satan rebelled against God and upon learning of Lucifer's plan, God removed him from his dignified position and cast him out of Heaven (Isaiah 14:15; Ezekiel 28:16-17).

In addition to that, Hell has not yet been created and won't until the Second Coming of Christ. John prophesieses that in
Revelations 9, where he sees a star fall from heaven to the earth, having the key of the "bottomless pit". He opens the bottomless pit; and smoke arises out of it, like the smoke of a great furnace, which darkens the sun.

That's all in the Bible.
Satan literally means ADVERSARY----any adversary initially.

There were no adversaries before the fall of man in the Garden of Eden.

'Satan' is only mentioned about 19 times in the Old Testament and only once in the New Testament. No where in those bibles is he referred to as the ruler of a place called hell or that he was once an angel but was cast out of heaven by God. The word Satan is used more as a description of evil than an actual evil deity ruling over a place called hell. I think the idea of Satan and his realm of hell is a narrative created less than a few hundred years ago to keep people in line....Who Is Satan?
God does worse things in the Bible than Satan ever did

Imagine if Satan had created the Great Flood, killed the first born of Egypt or created plagues?

All Satan is accused of is “tempting”

Yeah, go with that.

:auiqs.jpg:

Tell me some of the evil things Satan has done in the Bible
Just looking objectively. God does some nasty things in the Bible

Untrue.

Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:11-19 allude to the angel Lucifer's original position as a very exalted being, and likely the highest ranking of all the angels. Ezekiel 28:12-15 also states that in addition to being powerful, it's likely that Lucifer was the most beautiful of all of God's creations.

Satan rebelled against God and upon learning of Lucifer's plan, God removed him from his dignified position and cast him out of Heaven (Isaiah 14:15; Ezekiel 28:16-17).

In addition to that, Hell has not yet been created and won't until the Second Coming of Christ. John prophesieses that in
Revelations 9, where he sees a star fall from heaven to the earth, having the key of the "bottomless pit". He opens the bottomless pit; and smoke arises out of it, like the smoke of a great furnace, which darkens the sun.

That's all in the Bible.

There was no Garden of Evil----------but if you believe the fable (talking snake means fable btw) the snake would have been the adversary in that story...well the snake or that evil all powerful creature smiting Adam and Eve for eating a knowledge apple.

Untrue.

In addition to that, Hell has not yet been created and won't until the Second Coming of Christ.

That's all in the Bible.
Almost a winner. If I remember my Christian Mythology , Lucifer was the Angel of Light. The most beautiful and favorite of God. It was Lucifer who rebelled against God however, and God caught him and a third of the other angels who backed his Coup, were cast out of Heaven and became Satan and all his demons and stuff.
Thing is, you don't find that narrative anywhere in the bible, so how did it become such a believable part of Christianity?

Catholic High School. You know those kooky but progressive brandy making Christian Brothers! Not all ancient manuscripts were included in the Bible.

Actually it was a mythology class from that school. I'm not sure if it's true or not. ha.

Untrue.

That's all in the Bible.

There was no Garden of Evil----------but if you believe the fable (talking snake means fable btw) the snake would have been the adversary in that story...well the snake or that evil all powerful creature smiting Adam and Eve for eating a knowledge apple.
Whenever I heard that apple story I always assumed God never intended for mankind to be 'smart'..just be equal to all the other creatures He created. But nope, had to eat that apple which enabled mankind to be on top of the pecking order. Somehow that made God mad. Said that in Sunday school once and was given a stern look and told to be quiet the rest of the day.

Last edited:
'Satan' is only mentioned about 19 times in the Old Testament and only once in the New Testament. No where in those bibles is he referred to as the ruler of a place called hell or that he was once an angel but was cast out of heaven by God. The word Satan is used more as a description of evil than an actual evil deity ruling over a place called hell. I think the idea of Satan and his realm of hell is a narrative created less than a few hundred years ago to keep people in line....Who Is Satan?
The hebrew word Satahn means Adversary.

Untrue.

That's all in the Bible.

Whenever I heard that apple story I always assumed God never intened for mankind to be 'smart'..just be equal to all the other creatures He created. But nope, had to eat that apple which enabled mankind to be on top of the pecking order. Somehow that made God mad. Said that in Sunday school once and was given a stern look and told to be quiet the rest of the day.
Where does the word Apple appear?

Untrue.

That's all in the Bible.

Then why is the poor snaked made out to be bad.......and if there was no adversaries why did god try to hurt the poor naive knowledge seeking adam and eve. Was it really such a crime to put some clothes on?

Untrue.

In addition to that, Hell has not yet been created and won't until the Second Coming of Christ.

That's all in the Bible.
Almost a winner. If I remember my Christian Mythology , Lucifer was the Angel of Light. The most beautiful and favorite of God. It was Lucifer who rebelled against God however, and God caught him and a third of the other angels who backed his Coup, were cast out of Heaven and became Satan and all his demons and stuff.
Thing is, you don't find that narrative anywhere in the bible, so how did it become such a believable part of Christianity?

Catholic High School. You know those kooky but progressive brandy making Christian Brothers! Not all ancient manuscripts were included in the Bible.

Actually it was a mythology class from that school. I'm not sure if it's true or not. ha.
I heard that there were a lot of religious tests floating around and some early Pope instructed that some be collected and published in one source..presto..a bible was born. a lot of those texts didn't make the 'cut'. I've heard that if some of those that missed the cut were ever found and published it would throw the Christian world into chaos...as they would contradict somewhat a lot of what we have come to accept as the word of God.

Untrue.

That's all in the Bible.

I heard that there were a lot of religious tests floating around and some early Pope instructed that some be collected and published in one source..presto..a bible was born. a lot of those texts didn't make the 'cut'. I've heard that if some of those that missed the cut were ever found and published it would throw the Christian world into chaos...as they would contradict somewhat a lot of what we have come to accept as the word of God.
Yeah, I don't know. That was like 40 years ago and it convinced me to never go back to church except for weddings, funerals, and such.

You could try just reading the Bible, or at least Googling the answer before jumping to a conclusion and asserting it. He's mentioned multiple times in the Bible, not always by that same moniker (since "Satan" is more of a descriptor than a proper name). And Hell is mentioned many times.

And no, he's not a deity.
Satan simply means enemy.

Lucifer rebelled against Jehovah, thus becoming his enemy.

Last edited:

Imagine if Satan had created the Great Flood, killed the first born of Egypt or created plagues?

Yeah, go with that.

You're mocking rightwinger for...what...making up stuff about a made up being?

Untrue.

That's all in the Bible.

It seems very much like you didn't ask your "question" to get an answer; you "asked" it to get a handful of other religiophobic egomaniacs to gather around and agree with you and tell you you're clever.

So it seems like the correct response to your OP should have been, "No one cares what bigots think." Toddle along, and we'll remember next time that your name on the post is all we need to know.

Yeah, go with that.

You're mocking rightwinger for...what...making up stuff about a made up being?

Not as much as I'm going to mock you.

Untrue.

That's all in the Bible.

It seems very much like you didn't ask your "question" to get an answer; you "asked" it to get a handful of other religiophobic egomaniacs to gather around and agree with you and tell you you're clever.

So it seems like the correct response to your OP should have been, "No one cares what bigots think." Toddle along, and we'll remember next time that your name on the post is all we need to know.

1624575580636.jpeg

Forum List

Back