Jesus Christ From Genesis To Revelation & Christmas

biblical

Dec 23, 2012
Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let Us (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) make mankind in Our image, after our likeness, and let them..........

Jesus Christ has been around for as long as God has been around, because He is part of the Godhead or Corporate God. Jesus was there when the world was created and He was there when the first man Adam was created.

Colossians 1:15 - He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created....

God created this world with the Word of God, which is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ already existed as the Word of God before anything was created.

John 8:58 - Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!

Jesus Christ Himself said, He existed before even Abraham was born.

Revelation 19:13 - He (Jesus) is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God.

If Jesus Christ is the Word of God, that means He was there in the very beginning and has been around through out the Old Testament, up to the New Testament and the present day. The Word of God, which is Jesus Christ has been around, since the beginning, so Jesus Christ has also been around since the beginning.

John 1:1-2 - In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God.
He (Jesus, the Word) was with God in the beginning.

Notice the Bible refers to the Word of God as 'He', because it is referring to Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God is part of the Godhead and that is why He is referred to as God, but He is God the Son also and both God the Father and God the Son as well as the Holy Spirit were there in the beginning and have been around forever.

Revelation 21:6 - He said, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

If Jesus Christ is the Beginning and the End, that means He was present in the very beginning and has been around since, and will be there in the very end.

John 1:14 - The Word (Jesus) became flesh and dwelled among us.

The Word of God (Jesus), which existed from the very beginning was transformed into a human being and born on earth among other humans, and that is what is called Christmas or the birth of Christ. Christmas is Jesus coming to the earth in human form and not as the Word of God.
Before Jesus Christ came as a human, He had already been in the earth as the Word of God.
Happy Christmas!

Salvation

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let Us (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) make mankind in Our image, after our likeness, and let them..........

Jesus Christ has been around for as long as God has been around, because He is part of the Godhead or Corporate God. Jesus was there when the world was created and He was there when the first man Adam was created.

Colossians 1:15 - He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created....

God created this world with the Word of God, which is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ already existed as the Word of God before anything was created.

Revelation 19:13 - He (Jesus) is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God.

If Jesus Christ is the Word of God, that means He was there in the very beginning and has been around through out the Old Testament, up to the New Testament and the present day. The Word of God, which is Jesus Christ has been around, since the beginning, so Jesus Christ has also been around since the beginning.

John 1:1-2 - In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God.

Notice the Bible refers to the Word of God as 'He', because it is referring to Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God is part of the Godhead and that is why He is referred to as God, but He is God the Son also and both God the Father and God the Son as well as the Holy Spirit were there in the beginning and have been around forever.

Revelation 21:6 - He said, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

If Jesus Christ is the Beginning and the End, that means He was present in the very beginning and has been around since, and will be there in the very end.

The Word of God (Jesus), which existed from the very beginning was transformed into a human being and born on earth among other humans, and that is what is called Christmas or the birth of Christ. Christmas is Jesus coming to the earth in human form and not as the Word of God.
Before Jesus Christ came as a human, He had already been in the earth as the Word of God.
Happy Christmas!

Salvation

Just idly curious, but what version of the Bible has that Genesis 1:26?

In my actual Torah this is what it says:

26. And [G-d] said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth."
- Bereishit 1

and the rabbinical commentary:

Let us make man: From here we learn the humility of the Holy One, blessed be He. Since man was created in the likeness of the angels, and they would envy him, He consulted them. And when He judges kings, He consults with His Heavenly household, for so we find regarding Ahab, that Micah said to him, (I Kings 22:19): “I saw the Lord seated on His throne, and all the host of heaven were standing by Him, on His right and on His left.” Now do “left” or “right” apply to Him ?! But rather, [the passage means that] these [angels] were standing on the right to defend, and these [angels] were standing on the left to prosecute. Likewise, (Dan. 4:14): “By the decree of the destructive angels is the matter, and by the word of the holy ones is the edict.” Here too, He took counsel with His heavenly household. He said to them, “Among the heavenly beings, there are some in My likeness. If there are none in My likeness among the earthly beings, there will be envy among the creatures of the Creation. ” - [from Tanchuma, Shemoth 18; Gen. Rabbah 8:11, 14:13]

Let us make man: Even though they [the angels] did not assist Him in His creation, and there is an opportunity for the heretics to rebel (to misconstrue the plural as a basis for their heresies), Scripture did not hesitate to teach proper conduct and the trait of humility, that a great person should consult with and receive permission from a smaller one. Had it been written: “I shall make man,” we would not have learned that He was speaking with His tribunal, but to Himself. And the refutation to the heretics is written alongside it [i. e., in the following verse:]“And God created (וַיִּבְרָא) ,” and it does not say,“and they created וַיִּבְרְאוּ.” - [from Gen. Rabbah 8:9]

in our image: in our form.

after our likeness: to understand and to discern.

and they shall rule over the fish: Heb. וְיִרְדּוּ This expression contains both the meaning of ruling and the meaning of subservience. If he merits, he rules over the beasts and over the cattle. If he does not merit, he becomes subservient to them, and the beast rules over him. — [from Gen. Rabbah 8:12]

Don't mind the NT stuff, not my book afterall. But when you start fiddling with my Torah then it's kinda annoying.

From the evenings and mornings of the beginning to the alpha and omega of the ending, and all points in between, there is Merry Christmas indeed!

Happy Christmas!

Salvation

26. And [G-d] said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth."
- Bereishit 1

Let us make man: From here we learn the humility of the Holy One, blessed be He. Since man was created in the likeness of the angels, and they would envy him, He consulted them. And when He judges kings, He consults with His Heavenly household, for so we find regarding Ahab, that Micah said to him, (I Kings 22:19): “I saw the Lord seated on His throne, and all the host of heaven were standing by Him, on His right and on His left.” Now do “left” or “right” apply to Him ?! But rather, [the passage means that] these [angels] were standing on the right to defend, and these [angels] were standing on the left to prosecute. Likewise, (Dan. 4:14): “By the decree of the destructive angels is the matter, and by the word of the holy ones is the edict.” Here too, He took counsel with His heavenly household. He said to them, “Among the heavenly beings, there are some in My likeness. If there are none in My likeness among the earthly beings, there will be envy among the creatures of the Creation. ” - [from Tanchuma, Shemoth 18; Gen. Rabbah 8:11, 14:13]

Let us make man: Even though they [the angels] did not assist Him in His creation, and there is an opportunity for the heretics to rebel (to misconstrue the plural as a basis for their heresies), Scripture did not hesitate to teach proper conduct and the trait of humility, that a great person should consult with and receive permission from a smaller one. Had it been written: “I shall make man,” we would not have learned that He was speaking with His tribunal, but to Himself. And the refutation to the heretics is written alongside it [i. e., in the following verse:]“And God created (וַיִּבְרָא) ,” and it does not say,“and they created וַיִּבְרְאוּ.” - [from Gen. Rabbah 8:9]

and they shall rule over the fish: Heb. וְיִרְדּוּ This expression contains both the meaning of ruling and the meaning of subservience. If he merits, he rules over the beasts and over the cattle. If he does not merit, he becomes subservient to them, and the beast rules over him. — [from Gen. Rabbah 8:12]

Don't mind the NT stuff, not my book afterall. But when you start fiddling with my Torah then it's kinda annoying.

The 'Genesis 1:26' quote is from the 'King James Amplified Version' by Zondervan.

Ah ok. See it on biblegateway.com here. Gotta look for Amplified though, not KJ Amplified. You mistranslated it using parantheses which threw me. Actual link uses brackets which means the writer's inserting their own words to the verse. Parantheses would mean another thing entirely.

Amplified Bible (AMP) - Version Information - BibleGateway.com

26 [G-d] said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.

Use brackets myself all the time quoting Scripture when omiting a leter in a name of G-d. Using the brackets indicates whatever's bracketed isn't the actual way the word appears but the way I'm making it appear. May seem minor, but in matters of Scripture it's not.

Last edited:

Happy Christmas!

Salvation
Indeed sir.

The whole Bible is about Jesus.
The Old Testament points to a coming Saviour.
The New Testament looks back on a Saviour that came.
We, as Christians, look forward to His 2nd coming.

About that, where in the Canon is the Second Coming mentioned exactly? :)
Sure, no problem. Let's start at the beginning, in Genesis 3:15...God is rebuking Satan here through the serpent for provoking Adam and Eve to sin and bringing about the fall of man. This prophecy was partially fulfilled at Christ's first advent with His crushing defeat of Satan at Calvary.

Another end-time prophecy awaiting fulfillment in Christ at His second advent is God's promise to David to build his house, his throne, and his kingdom forever. See 2 Samuel 7:12-16

Yet another Old Testament Messianic Prophecy awaiting fulfillment is Psalm 21. This prophecy has been partially fulfilled in both David himself and Jesus at His first advent. V 1, 2 and 7 apply to them both while V 4-6 apply only to Jesus - He was given eternal resurrection life.

Then of course we have Psalm 75:2-3 and Daniel 2:44-45, which refers to the end-time prophecy awaiting fulfillment concerning the kingdom of God headed by Jesus at His second advent.

So you see sir, the entire bible is all about Jesus.

Last edited:

Happy Christmas!

Salvation
Indeed sir.

Amen!

Happy Christmas!

Salvation

The Word of God means Christ, not a human flesh named Jesus. The flesh called saints were used by our Creator to testify to Christ, the invisible information that contains the past, present and future of ALL God's creation.

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let Us make mankind in Our image, after our likeness, and let them..........

He was talking to the angels.

The very next passage, starts out with "G-D Created Man".

That's too make it clear to the heretics who believe in multiple gods, that there is only one G-D, and only he created man.

That's not part of the Torah, Genesis, or anything to do with judaism.

That is christian theology.

Happy Christmas!

Salvation

- Bereishit 1

Absolutely.

And the Rashi commentary explains it well.

Ah ok. See it on biblegateway.com here. Gotta look for Amplified though, not KJ Amplified. You mistranslated it using parantheses which threw me. Actual link uses brackets which means the writer's inserting their own words to the verse. Parantheses would mean another thing entirely.

26 [G-d] said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.

Use brackets myself all the time quoting Scripture when omiting a leter in a name of G-d. Using the brackets indicates whatever's bracketed isn't the actual way the word appears but the way I'm making it appear. May seem minor, but in matters of Scripture it's not.

In other words they made it up.

About that, where in the Canon is the Second Coming mentioned exactly? :)
Sure, no problem. Let's start at the beginning, in Genesis 3:15...God is rebuking Satan here through the serpent for provoking Adam and Eve to sin and bringing about the fall of man. This prophecy was partially fulfilled at Christ's first advent with His crushing defeat of Satan at Calvary.

The passages don't say that, do they? That's more made up stuff.

Another end-time prophecy awaiting fulfillment in Christ at His second advent is God's promise to David to build his house, his throne, and his kingdom forever. See 2 Samuel 7:12-16

Yet another Old Testament Messianic Prophecy awaiting fulfillment is Psalm 21. This prophecy has been partially fulfilled in both David himself and Jesus at His first advent. V 1, 2 and 7 apply to them both while V 4-6 apply only to Jesus - He was given eternal resurrection life.

Then of course we have Psalm 75:2-3 and Daniel 2:44-45, which refers to the end-time prophecy awaiting fulfillment concerning the kingdom of God headed by Jesus at His second advent.

So you see sir, the entire bible is all about Jesus.
:cuckoo:

The whole Torah is about G-D, and it deals specially about the journey of the jews from the beginning to the time they get to Israel.

None of your so called prophesies actually in the Tanach. That's all extremely creativitely made up.

Here are some actual passages you may be interested in.

Hear O Israel, the L-rd is our G-D, the L-ord is ONE (Deut)

I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the Sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)

...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)

You are my witness--the words of Hashem--and My servant, whom I have chosen, so that you will know and believe in Me, and understand that I am He; before me nothing was created by a G-D, and after Me it shall not be (Isaiah 43:10)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the Earth by Myself. (Isaiah, 44:24)

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)

For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." (Isaiah, 45:18)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)

...you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. (Exodus, 8:10)

O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty..."(2 Chronicles, 14:11)

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)

There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)

His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)

For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:10)

Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalms, 150:2)

You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)

They will say of Me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."... (Isaiah, 45:24)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)

... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)

O Lord, are You not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One… (Habakkuk 1:12)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes,

In other words they made it up.

Shh! (looks alarmed) They're, the special people. And lest the nearest tree with disbelievers all ablaze look good to them, let them have their delusions. :)

Happy Christmas!

Salvation
Indeed sir.

Neither the new testament or the old testament points to a man named Jesus as our Savior. The prophecies show that our invisible God is the Creator of everything, including the illusions we see as flesh and the things of this world. The flesh of all us prophets and saints are only illusions that aren't real but the invisible Word we speak is who we really are in the mind of our Creator. Our invisible Creator is the King and Savior of ALL His people.

Hosea 13
4: I am the LORD your God from the land of Egypt; you know no God but me, and besides me there is no savior.

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

Jesus is a Roman false god that they needed to deceive all their Christians, who are nothing but antichrists who worship false gods.

Forum List

Back