Jesus And The Hidden Contradictions Of The Gospels

The OP discovered Ehrman. :lol:

lol yes, it's funny how these trolls will read everything under the sun but the books themselves. They have no idea if Ehrman knows a thing, which is why I mentioned him in that thread a few days ago that sent this tard off on a Google Scholar binge.

Let's see what mentioning Walther Bauer and Elaine Pagels brings up among the deviants and loons; they're the main inventors of the 'Constantine rewrote everything' idiocy, hoping to make their discovery of some old 'Gospel Of Thomas' find they made in the deserts of Egypt and then tried to sell it as some Earth shaking event that overturned all we know about Jesus, puffing up their own careers. Pagels does indeed sell a lot of books, too , has quite a career peddling 'missing gospels' and babbling Gnostic nonsense to dope addled hippies and cranks.

I never read anything by "PAGELS" or "Bauer" I read the NT-----old ladies in my town handed the books out way back in the 50s, I did not have a whole lot of "material" to read. I was never a drug user. The silly crap which is so clearly a fraud in the NT was OBVIOUS to me before I knew the name
CONSTANTINE. I never read anything by anyone or suggested that CONSTANTINE rewrote it. I do not even know if Constantine was literate. I got my education in christianity in a very christian town and in churches were friendly, kindly christian mothers took me, along with their daughters to SUNDAY SCHOOL

lol after repeatedly being asked what Constantine rewrote, after claiming he invented the NT for years, Rosie now claims she never ran around claiming that. As for 'fraud', she should take a gander at a lot of that rabbinical nonsense some Jews try to pass off as 'Judaism' the Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox are fond of peddling.

What people need to get out of their heads is that these cultists are 'The' Jews, when in real life they are only 'Some' Jews, and their rubbish has little or nothing to do with the pre-exilic Judaism of Moses and Isaiah and others; the Babylonian Jews alienated most Jews and drove them out of the sect long before the Romans came along. This cult was then reduced to just a small cult of ultra-racists among other factionsup to the revolt that destroyed the Temple and run by surviving Pharisees and rabbis after the revolts. The Temple didn't represent Judaism, nor does rebuilding it have anything to do with the original Jews. It merely served the self-interests of one group. It divided rather than unified.
That temple culture is gone, burned up in a fire, as Malachi prophesied (Mal 4:1), as well as others.

Josephus recalled the grand, unified vision of the prophets, that as for the temple, “God had for certain long ago doomed it to the fire.” (Wars 6.4.5)

That harlot Jerusalem no longer exists. The ancient city governed by a priesthood went up in smoke; the modern city governed by a parliament is entirely different and irrelevant to the biblical narrative.

It was a vanity of Solomon's, and the '2nd Temple' a monument to the egoes of the Returning exiles. They centralized the sect and left it vulnerable for just the fate it suffered, while alienating around 90% of the tribes with ridiculous 'racial purity' laws and legalistic rubbish. If Rome hadn't burned it down some faction of Jews themselves probably would have.
Yes, the Zealots.

A Roman soldier threw a torch that set the temple ablaze (much to General Titus' chagrin), but the Zealots brought a fury to the war and to the moderate Jews that reverberated the strains of the Olivet Discourse loudly and clearly.

there is no such history----but your struggle to shoehorn that which you WISH into the poetic rhetoric of this or that bible passage is amusing.
The "zealots" vs "the moderate jews" is a church
sophistry used to justify the barbarity of the Romans.------I am really delighted with the
"OBVIOUS ANQUISH OF TITUS" at the conflagration
the destroyed the flammable parts of the Temple. Now I remember----he was so desperate to put the fire out that he ran desperately with a pail of water----what else did church lady tell you?

lol yes, it's funny how these trolls will read everything under the sun but the books themselves. They have no idea if Ehrman knows a thing, which is why I mentioned him in that thread a few days ago that sent this tard off on a Google Scholar binge.

Let's see what mentioning Walther Bauer and Elaine Pagels brings up among the deviants and loons; they're the main inventors of the 'Constantine rewrote everything' idiocy, hoping to make their discovery of some old 'Gospel Of Thomas' find they made in the deserts of Egypt and then tried to sell it as some Earth shaking event that overturned all we know about Jesus, puffing up their own careers. Pagels does indeed sell a lot of books, too , has quite a career peddling 'missing gospels' and babbling Gnostic nonsense to dope addled hippies and cranks.

I never read anything by "PAGELS" or "Bauer" I read the NT-----old ladies in my town handed the books out way back in the 50s, I did not have a whole lot of "material" to read. I was never a drug user. The silly crap which is so clearly a fraud in the NT was OBVIOUS to me before I knew the name
CONSTANTINE. I never read anything by anyone or suggested that CONSTANTINE rewrote it. I do not even know if Constantine was literate. I got my education in christianity in a very christian town and in churches were friendly, kindly christian mothers took me, along with their daughters to SUNDAY SCHOOL

lol after repeatedly being asked what Constantine rewrote, after claiming he invented the NT for years, Rosie now claims she never ran around claiming that. As for 'fraud', she should take a gander at a lot of that rabbinical nonsense some Jews try to pass off as 'Judaism' the Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox are fond of peddling.

What people need to get out of their heads is that these cultists are 'The' Jews, when in real life they are only 'Some' Jews, and their rubbish has little or nothing to do with the pre-exilic Judaism of Moses and Isaiah and others; the Babylonian Jews alienated most Jews and drove them out of the sect long before the Romans came along. This cult was then reduced to just a small cult of ultra-racists among other factionsup to the revolt that destroyed the Temple and run by surviving Pharisees and rabbis after the revolts. The Temple didn't represent Judaism, nor does rebuilding it have anything to do with the original Jews. It merely served the self-interests of one group. It divided rather than unified.
That temple culture is gone, burned up in a fire, as Malachi prophesied (Mal 4:1), as well as others.

Josephus recalled the grand, unified vision of the prophets, that as for the temple, “God had for certain long ago doomed it to the fire.” (Wars 6.4.5)

That harlot Jerusalem no longer exists. The ancient city governed by a priesthood went up in smoke; the modern city governed by a parliament is entirely different and irrelevant to the biblical narrative.

It was a vanity of Solomon's, and the '2nd Temple' a monument to the egoes of the Returning exiles. They centralized the sect and left it vulnerable for just the fate it suffered, while alienating around 90% of the tribes with ridiculous 'racial purity' laws and legalistic rubbish. If Rome hadn't burned it down some faction of Jews themselves probably would have.

your history is OFF-----Solomon had nothing to do with the second Temple. To what "racial purity laws" do you refer? To what "legalistic law" do you refer? In the entire course of Jewish history, jews never attacked the temple. I am fascinated with your use of the term "race". Can you define it as YOU use it. How about telling me about what are the different races amongst jews that show up in laws
In that war between the Romans and the Jews raged a civil war between the Jews. Their temple culture was going to suffer one way or another, very likely by fire.

"But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire." (2 Pt 3:7)

sorta like the civil war that tore the USA apart during world war II instigated by Tokyo Rose? BTW Luke was not there and he did not speak the language

Yes, the Zealots.

A Roman soldier threw a torch that set the temple ablaze (much to General Titus' chagrin), but the Zealots brought a fury to the war and to the moderate Jews that reverberated the strains of the Olivet Discourse loudly and clearly.

there is no such history----but your struggle to shoehorn that which you WISH into the poetic rhetoric of this or that bible passage is amusing.
sophistry used to justify the barbarity of the Romans.------I am really delighted with the
the destroyed the flammable parts of the Temple. Now I remember----he was so desperate to put the fire out that he ran desperately with a pail of water----what else did church lady tell you?
The church told me nothing.

The "zealots" vs "the moderate jews" is a church - huh? You're not telling me anything, either.

your history is OFF-----Solomon had nothing to do with the second Temple. To what "racial purity laws" do you refer? To what "legalistic law" do you refer? In the entire course of Jewish history, jews never attacked the temple. I am fascinated with your use of the term "race". Can you define it as YOU use it. How about telling me about what are the different races amongst jews that show up in laws
In that war between the Romans and the Jews raged a civil war between the Jews. Their temple culture was going to suffer one way or another, very likely by fire.

"But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire." (2 Pt 3:7)

sorta like the civil war that tore the USA apart during world war II instigated by Tokyo Rose? BTW Luke was not there and he did not speak the language
Luke who? Perry?

WWII?

Frankly, I sense some defensiveness in you.

Yes, the Zealots.

The "zealots" vs "the moderate jews" is a church - huh? You're not telling me anything, either.

oh----you don't know. Church Doctrine----the stuff christian kids learn in Sunday School constitutes the
christian ethos. I grew up with it

Yes, the Zealots.

oh----you don't know. Church Doctrine----the stuff christian kids learn in Sunday School constitutes the
I don't know you, but I'm pretty sure you did not grow up learning Josephus, Tacitus, and all the rest in a Sunday school.

Churches do not teach this stuff.

Luke was a greek physician who never met Jesus but wrote an important book of the New Testament anyway which describes "history"

Yes, the Zealots.

I don't know you, but I'm pretty sure you did not grow up learning Josephus, Tacitus, and all the rest in a Sunday school.

Of course not-----I learned sunday school stuff in sunday school-----like all about the wicked innkeeper who did not like Joseph and Mary so he did not give them a room------so poor little jesus was born in a stable. On the playground I learned that if I had not killed Jesus----he would still be alive. I learned about the Nuremburg laws from survivors and about
Canon law ----interestingly, from the details of SHARIAH LAW which at its base is nothing much more or less than a point by point copy of Canon law. I learned Shariah law from survivors. I did not READ about those issues until I was about 20

Luke was a greek physician who never met Jesus but wrote an important book of the New Testament anyway which describes "history"

Yes, the Zealots.

Of course not-----I learned sunday school stuff in sunday school-----like all about the wicked innkeeper who did not like Joseph and Mary so he did not give them a room------so poor little jesus was born in a stable. On the playground I learned that if I had not killed Jesus----he would still be alive. I learned about the Nuremburg laws from survivors and about
Canon law ----interestingly, from the details of SHARIAH LAW which at its base is nothing much more or less than a point by point copy of Canon law. I learned Shariah law from survivors. I did not READ about those issues until I was about 20
That is all quite lovely.

Yes, the Zealots.

what is "lovely" about it? You enjoy pic's gross lies? You would have really liked Josef Goebbels

Rosie now resorts to strawmen and posting drunk again. As for the racial purity laws that began to be generated under Ezra and the following few hundred years after the Return, they were quite detailed and extensive by around 150 B.C., enough to generate revolts and play a role in more than one faction, and especially alienated the Hellenized diaspora Jews. Paul Johnson's summaries on this period are excellent for a beginning point, and Joachim Jeremia's Jerusalem In The Time Of Jesus covers the economy and society of the city in detail, with an exhaustive footnoting and sourcing from entirely Jewish writings. Sometime in the future I will write some down for the Peanut Gallery to look up themselves. The '2nd Temple' was seen by most as just a scam by the priests to rob their fellow Jews and converts.

Last edited:

Yes, the Zealots.

Luke was a follower and student of Paul, who was in turn a student of one the great Jewish teachers of the age. And re the first REvolt, there were four major factions, not just 'Zealots', also given in Johnson's summaries, and a faction or two that actually backed the Romans. Rosie must think Josephus and assorted Roman writers and Philo are illegal books that can't be sold to gentiles or something, another clue she was raised by crazy racist bigots.

Yes, the Zealots.

There was no room in the inn. There is no mention of an inn keeper in the Bible story. Jesus came to save that which was lost and be the final sacrificial lamb. HE had to give up HIS life. No one took it from HIM. You didn't kill Jesus; however, HE did come to die for your sins and my sins.

Rosie now resorts to strawmen and posting drunk again. As for the racial purity laws that began to be generated under Ezra and the following few hundred years after the Return, they were quite detailed and extensive by around 150 B.C., enough to generate revolts and play a role in more than one faction, and especially alienated the Hellenized diaspora Jews. Paul Johnson's summaries on this period are excellent for a beginning point, and Joachim Jeremia's Jerusalem In The Time Of Jesus covers the economy and society of the city in detail, with an exhaustive footnoting and sourcing from entirely Jewish writings. Sometime in the future I will write some down for the Peanut Gallery to look up themselves. The '2nd Temple' was seen by most as just a scam by the priests to rob their fellow Jews and converts.

poor dingy insists that SOLOMON was a contemporary of Ezra and accuses ME of being drunk. The controversy incited by EZRA is no mystery as he IMAGINES it to be nor did it incite ANY violent revolt
at all. It incited HEATED DISCUSSION-----what else is new?------something jews have been doing for thousands of Years........and it had nothing to do with
RACE. The issue was the influence of foreign religious practices picked up along the way in the years of the Exile. An airhead name JEREMIA (not the real Jeremiah) wrote some idiot op-eds in support of holy roman empire sophistry

Yes, the Zealots.

There was no room in the inn. There is no mention of an inn keeper in the Bible story. Jesus came to save that which was lost and be the final sacrificial lamb. HE had to give up HIS life. No one took it from HIM. You didn't kill Jesus; however, HE did come to die for your sins and my sins.

I referred to the NT and that which WASP and catholice kids learn in Sunday school

Yes, the Zealots.

Luke was a follower and student of Paul, who was in turn a student of one the great Jewish teachers of the age. And re the first REvolt, there were four major factions, not just 'Zealots', also given in Johnson's summaries, and a faction or two that actually backed the Romans. Rosie must think Josephus and assorted Roman writers and Philo are illegal books that can't be sold to gentiles or something, another clue she was raised by crazy racist bigots.

Pic decided to tell me what I think----I read Josephus before he was born and bits and pieces of Philo later.
I picked Philo up in Synagogue (of the orthodox variety) libraries I tend to hang out in the library when things get dull in the "main room". It ain't jews who BURN BOOKS. I don't know if I ever read anything by a "JOHNSON" For those interested----Josephus was a Pharisee who ended up in Rome in the household of a Roman citizen FLAVIUS. There is nothing to indicate that he ever gave up being a
Pharisee. He advocated attempts to conciliate with the Romans---NOTHING NEW Some people opposed him vehemently----somehow he survived to the SURPRISE OF PIC.. Philo lived in Alexandria and wrote his own stuff. Pic never read any of it. He read stuff DIGESTED by sophists

poor dingy insists that SOLOMON was a contemporary of Ezra and accuses ME of being drunk. The controversy incited by EZRA is no mystery as he IMAGINES it to be nor did it incite ANY violent revolt
at all. It incited HEATED DISCUSSION-----what else is new?------something jews have been doing for thousands of Years........and it had nothing to do with
RACE. The issue was the influence of foreign religious practices picked up along the way in the years of the Exile. An airhead name JEREMIA (not the real Jeremiah) wrote some idiot op-eds in support of holy roman empire sophistry
Good Lord, you can't keep people straight. If you are referring to me, please stop misquoting me.

Yes, the Zealots.

She's half a step away from nazi.

Yes, the Zealots.

I referred to the NT and that which WASP and catholice kids learn in Sunday school
I never heard that the innkeeper was evil. If anything a clean manger with fresh straw was likely far more comfortable for Mary to give birth than a crowded inn and a cramped room.

Yes, the Zealots.

you are very MUCH out of sync. If Paul ever had contact with Gamliel (for which there is no historic
evidence) -----it would have been in a time preceding
any interaction with Luke----for which there is no real
historic evidence. To be more realistic-----the putative relationship is an after thought of WISHFUL
THINKING by the sophist christians of the Constantine era. Gamliel taught in Jerusalem-----as to Paul in Jerusalem------history tells us------not much if at all

Yes, the Zealots.

I never heard that the innkeeper was evil. If anything a clean manger with fresh straw was likely far more comfortable for Mary to give birth than a crowded inn and a cramped room.

I grew up in a town with lots of churches and a majority christian population and INTERESTINGLY half of those being protestant and the other half catholic. There was even a catholic school in the town ---grades K thru 8. Every year we got the CHRISTMAS PLAY----performed by the catholic school. The innkeeper was always presented as a STEREOTYPE JEW with black beard and Mary as a blond blue eyed angelic looking thing. In fact, in christian literature---later on---the INNKEEPER is also presented as some sort of selfish greedy bastard. Did you pass english lit classes in grammar school and high school?

Yes, the Zealots.

you are very MUCH out of sync. If Paul ever had contact with Gamliel (for which there is no historic
evidence) -----it would have been in a time preceding
any interaction with Luke----for which there is no real
historic evidence. To be more realistic-----the putative relationship is an after thought of WISHFUL
THINKING by the sophist christians of the Constantine era. Gamliel taught in Jerusalem-----as to Paul in Jerusalem------history tells us------not much if at all

Yes, the Zealots.

I grew up in a town with lots of churches and a majority christian population and INTERESTINGLY half of those being protestant and the other half catholic. There was even a catholic school in the town ---grades K thru 8. Every year we got the CHRISTMAS PLAY----performed by the catholic school. The innkeeper was always presented as a STEREOTYPE JEW with black beard and Mary as a blond blue eyed angelic looking thing. In fact, in christian literature---later on---the INNKEEPER is also presented as some sort of selfish greedy bastard. Did you pass english lit classes in grammar school and high school?
Well... that must settle it. You went to a play. :lol:

Forum List

Back