I've noticed that people who focus on God's love the most are the most unloving people

I don't know... just an observation

But it seems that those who like to talk about God's love and how... Oh, I am forgiven for all my sins and etc..

they say the nastiest things to others... accuse them of hideous motives, tell them in so many words they are stupid or don't know a damn thing...

on the other hand, those focused on God's LAWS... the Commandments of Christ... and yes, He gave us Commandments

well, they seem to be much more civilized and caring people...

So yeh... away with this "love" stuff...

human beings don't have a first clue about what real love is... until and unless they KNOW Jesus... and only Catholics have Christ's REAL PRESENCE (wherein they can experience it)
We have a few like that here......

If there are Gods, demons, devils and other entities that go bump in the night, that's of no consequence to science one way or the other.
Correct. Now you are getting it. Science addresses the physical realm, things that can be measured.

The spiritual realm is outside of the physical realm. Philosophy is also outside the physical realm because, like the spiritual realm, it cannot be measured. Neither the spiritual realm nor philosophy has any consequence to science.

Correct. Now you are getting it. Science addresses the physical realm, things that can be measured.

The spiritual realm is outside of the physical realm. Philosophy is also outside the physical realm because, like the spiritual realm, it cannot be measured. Neither the spiritual realm nor philosophy has any consequence to science.
Super. So tell us about these spiritual realms. As you note, these spiritual realms can’t be measured, studied or even demonstrated. It seems these spiritual realms having no consequence to science or any meaningful impact that can be rationally understood are best left to being used to frighten and coerce.

I have no experience with demons, so I cannot help you there.
Strange, that. The people who claim to have / have had experience with demons seem to have an underlying agenda to project or an underlying mental health condition. Kinda’ like the Bigfoot sighters and alien abduction folks.

Just the opposite.
Fear is a powerful motivational force.

We can offer you burning flesh / eternal torment in Hell…… or…… we have angels with wings, eternal bliss floating in the clouds.

No pressure. No pressure.

I regret someone used fear with you. Didn't work out quite the way envisioned, so there is that.
No one used fear with me. I regret you ignored an obvious, matter of fact statement about about some obvious, matter of fact conclusions regarding fear and coercion relative to Christian dogma. There are the more excitable Christians in various threads who routinely use the threat of hell and eternal torment to lash out at the heathen. They cut and paste chapter and verse from the Bible.

No one used fear with me. I regret you ignored an obvious, matter of fact statement about about some obvious, matter of fact conclusions regarding fear and coercion relative to Christian dogma. There are the more excitable Christians in various threads who routinely use the threat of hell and eternal torment to lash out at the heathen. They cut and paste chapter and verse from the Bible.
Are you saying that because 'more excitable Christians in various threads' use what you term as the threat of hell and eternal torment to lash out, all of Christianity is deserving of you lashing back by bringing up other issues and incorrectly stating insistently "what Christians really believe" about these other dogma? Plus, ignore those of us who add context to what is taught?

Are you saying that because 'more excitable Christians in various threads' use what you term as the threat of hell and eternal torment to lash out, all of Christianity is deserving of you lashing back by bringing up other issues and incorrectly stating insistently "what Christians really believe" about these other dogma? Plus, ignore those of us who add context to what is taught?
Why are you lashing out at me for the actions of Christians?

I haven’t stated anywhere to know “what Christian’s believe”, so your lashing out is misplaced. You’re free to add any context to what you believe but your subjective claims to context are better addressed with other Christians.

Speaking of context, the Bible lays out quite clearly that the Christian God created evil ("I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."--Isa. 45:7).

The Bible lays out quite clearly in Genesis that the tree of knowledge of good and evil existed in Eden before Adam and Eve interacted with it. Evil existed from the beginning. And God pronounced it good.

Can I get a Hallelujah brothas’ and sistas’

Why are you lashing out at me for the actions of Christians?
Grin. Thanks for the win. You first used the word lash, saying that is what some of Christians here are doing against "heathen". I wanted to see if you saw yourself as lashing back. I asked you questions, which you interpreted as "lashing out" me.

All I am after is a discussion because I am interested in how you arrive at your conclusions.

If you believe I am lashing out at you, you should begin ignoring me--and I mean right this instant. If you believe we are simply having a discussion, I am more than willing to proceed.

Speaking of context, the Bible lays out quite clearly that the Christian God created evil ("I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."--Isa. 45:7).
You didn't have to read all the way to Isaiah. Genesis, beginning with the first verse, says the same thing. By Genesis 3:22, God flat out says He knows both good and evil.

Ever do any quilting? The underside doesn't have the beauty of the topside, yet I did both--the good and the bad.

The Bible lays out quite clearly in Genesis that the tree of knowledge of good and evil existed in Eden before Adam and Eve interacted with it. Evil existed from the beginning. And God pronounced it good.
Yes, old news. From the beginning, God brings good out of evil. We see it plainly happening all the way through the Bible.

Grin. Thanks for the win. You first used the word lash, saying that is what some of Christians here are doing against "heathen". I wanted to see if you saw yourself as lashing back. I asked you questions, which you interpreted as "lashing out" me.

All I am after is a discussion because I am interested in how you arrive at your conclusions.

If you believe I am lashing out at you, you should begin ignoring me--and I mean right this instant. If you believe we are simply having a discussion, I am more than willing to proceed.
You’re a self-entitled winner. Congrats. What was your prize?

However, where did I lash out? That sounds rather melodramatic.

Can I get a Hallelujah brothas’ and sistas’
Shrug. I guess if you need it, consider it given. It is my understanding in some denominations Hallelujahs are often given to obvious statements, though shouting 'hallelujah' is not the habit in my particular denomination.

Yes, old news. From the beginning, God brings good out of evil. We see it plainly happening all the way through the Bible.
God brings good out of evil? That’s odd. Per the fables, it was the Christian god who brought evil into the world.

Causing one person to suffer for eternity (for nothing more than being an unbeliever) is bad enough. Causing billions of people to suffer for eternity (especially when most are guilty of nothing more than never having accepted the religion) can only be considered depraved and evil.

However, where did I lash out? That sounds rather melodramatic.
Already explained. Accusing others of lashing out is, by definition, lashing out. That's the point I was making. To drive it home, I said you were lashing out. What did you do? You accused me of lashing out. As I was pretty certain you would. ;) I was teasing, but should have refrained as I was just as certain you wouldn't see the kidding. (And, yes, I'll give myself another prize, directly after I slap my naughty fingers for not behaving.)

Shrug. I guess if you need it, consider it given. It is my understanding in some denominations Hallelujahs are often given to obvious statements, though shouting 'hallelujah' is not the habit in my particular denomination.
You may be missing out of some important rituals. Snake handling, for instance.

Forum List

Back