It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.”

Per The Independent, the psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” said Dr. John Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School and who has in the past warned Trump is a “psychiatric Frankenstein monster.”

Gartner and other psychiatrists at the conference argued that Trump suffers from a particularly malignant case of pathological narcissism, which makes him a danger to the country and the world.

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was president,” Gartner explained. “If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional.”

Dr. James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, said that Trump’s erratic behavior has similarly disturbed him — despite the fact that he has lots of experience working with violent convicted criminals.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away,” he said. “You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

Rest here: It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'
-----------------------------

If psychiatrists are saying this about Trump, what does it say about the people who voted for him?

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
From the article:

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was president,” Gartner explained. “If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional.”

Dr. James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, said that Trump’s erratic behavior has similarly disturbed him — despite the fact that he has lots of experience working with violent convicted criminals.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away,” he said. “You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

Typically, psychology professionals refrain from diagnosing public figures whom they haven’t personally interviewed, but Dr. Bandy Lee, an assistant clinical professor at the Yale School of Medicine, told the conference that the dangers Trump’s mental health present are simply too great to stay silent.​

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.”

Per The Independent, the psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” said Dr. John Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School and who has in the past warned Trump is a “psychiatric Frankenstein monster.”

Gartner and other psychiatrists at the conference argued that Trump suffers from a particularly malignant case of pathological narcissism, which makes him a danger to the country and the world.

Rest here: It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'

If psychiatrists are saying this about Trump, what does it say about the people who voted for him?
I don't know. Narcissist, sure. Dangerous? Unstable? The stuff that comes out of his mouth seems to me to be more the bullshit that is employed by any good used car salesman. Don't take anything he says seriously/or at least be ready for him to change his mind.
Now, what do these psychiatrists plan to do about it now that they've diagnosed him from afar? Seems political to me. If they were really worried they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it. Removing the President isn't done by public opinion.

• Banned

I don't know. Narcissist, sure. Dangerous? Unstable? The stuff that comes out of his mouth seems to me to be more the bullshit that is employed by any good used car salesman. Don't take anything he says seriously/or at least be ready for him to change his mind.
Now, what do these psychiatrists plan to do about it now that they've diagnosed him from afar? Seems political to me. If they were really worried they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it. Removing the President isn't done by public opinion.

Dangerous, yes. Unstable, yes. Did you recently move to conservatard land where you spend all of your time making excuses for the guy? He's incited violence at his rallies, FFS. He's been incredibly reckless with foreign policy already, and he hasn't even gotten warmed up yet.

Of course these psychiatrists are "doing something." They're warning the country that we've elected a dangerous mad man. What else can they do? Start a petition?

Duplicate thread from yesterday when the general consensus was the nut doctors were just as loony as a mental patient. Who else would wear wool suits and overcoats in August in Georgia?

Dangerous, yes. Unstable, yes. Did you recently move to conservatard land where you spend all of your time making excuses for the guy? He's incited violence at his rallies, FFS. He's been incredibly reckless with foreign policy already, and he hasn't even gotten warmed up yet.

Of course these psychiatrists are "doing something." They're warning the country that we've elected a dangerous mad man. What else can they do? Start a petition?
"Get 'em out of here" is incitement to violence. That is what he said.

they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it.
I believe they did indirectly, though I don't know what they've done beyond what's noted in the linked article and this one: 35 psychiatrists just met at Yale to warn Donald Trump has a 'dangerous mental illness'.

• Banned

"Get 'em out of here" is incitement to violence. That is what he said.

He also told people to "knock the crap" out of protestors, and that he would pay their legal fees.

More on that incident here: Meet the White Nationalist Who Claims Trump Made Him Rough Up A Protester

Its unethical for a psychiatrist to diagnosis someone without meeting them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just a bunch of college liberals, only open to their sides views.
As long as their still trying to put Trump down. It let's us America loving Trump supporters know he is doing his job, when liberals aren't whining then he will be doing something wrong.
Go Trump Keep up the marvelous job, and play golf, you deserve it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For members interested in an abridged listing of the traits of NPD and Trump's behaviors that illustrate those characteristics, click here.
meh, I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I see that as a case with all politicians and highly successful business folk.

The more successful they are, the more they exhibit these qualities. I saw these qualities exhibited in spades in Hillary.

I'm very curious about the political leanings of these "professionals" that came together to make these dire warnings about the POTUS.

The Disturbing Link Between Psychopathy And Leadership
The Disturbing Link Between Psychopathy And Leadership

I'm very curious about the political leanings of these "professionals" that came together to make these dire warnings about the POTUS.
What does a professional assessment based, as much as is possible, on medical diagnostic models have to do with one's political leanings?

For some strange reason, some people think that science professionals cannot disaggregate their personal political views from their practice of sound scientific inquiry and analysis. I as a business professional, for example, am quite capable of examining Trump's tax and economic proposals and determining whether they will positively or negatively affect my personal fortunes, as well as how. That goes for my clients too. What I think in that regard has nothing to do with my personal position regarding those same policies and what I think of their value to the nation as a whole.

Social and natural scientists can do the same with regard to their areas of expertise.

You'd have to be crazy to believe that.

Did you recently move to conservatard land where you spend all of your time making excuses for the guy?
You consider my post making excuses for the guy? I'm just basing my opinion on my own experiences wrangling with some real pathological personality disordered individuals, and the thing is, you seldom actually see that in their public presentations. You have to spend more time with them and hear from the people around them that they're lying to, manipulating, etc. They're clever fuckers; at least a lot of them are and I assume Trump is one of them or he would not have achieved the success he has.
I am not a psychiatrist; if these doctors feel they've seen sufficient evidence from his rallies and other public performances to diagnose him as dangerous, I guess I have no professional ammunition to refute them. I just don't see it from what I know and I don't think they've seen enough either.

This kind of thread is especially funny as well as ironic after going through 8 years of a homosexual president who was head over heels in love with himself and would do anything (legal or not) to get what he wanted.

What does a professional assessment based, as much as is possible, on medical diagnostic models have to do with one's political leanings?

For some strange reason, some people think that science professionals cannot disaggregate their personal political views from their practice of sound scientific inquiry and analysis. I as a business professional, for example, am quite capable of examining Trump's tax and economic proposals and determining whether they will positively or negatively affect my personal fortunes, as well as how. That goes for my clients too. What I think in that regard has nothing to do with my personal position regarding those same policies and what I think of their value to the nation as a whole.

Social and natural scientists can do the same with regard to their areas of expertise.
Oh, please don't play Pollyanna on me, Xelor. You certainly know what that question was getting at, and I am suspecting the same. The Left has left reason well behind in some cases. Trump's foibles (rich quarry that they are) and missteps have been magnified by a Left that truly is blinded to reality by its own hate. Everyone here (except the OP, apparently) knows how I feel about the guy, but I refuse to let it take me down the path of pure hysterical witch burning paranoia. If he's dangerous, I hope he will be stopped. If he's just your run of the mill narcissist sexist asshole, the country's gonna have to live with their decision for four years.

Forum List

Back