It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'

This kind of thread is especially funny as well as ironic after going through 8 years of a homosexual president who was head over heels in love with himself and would do anything (legal or not) to get what he wanted.
Oh no! Obama was a homosexual!

35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.”

Per The Independent, the psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” said Dr. John Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School and who has in the past warned Trump is a “psychiatric Frankenstein monster.”

Gartner and other psychiatrists at the conference argued that Trump suffers from a particularly malignant case of pathological narcissism, which makes him a danger to the country and the world.

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was president,” Gartner explained. “If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional.”

Dr. James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, said that Trump’s erratic behavior has similarly disturbed him — despite the fact that he has lots of experience working with violent convicted criminals.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away,” he said. “You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

Rest here: It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'
-----------------------------

If psychiatrists are saying this about Trump, what does it say about the people who voted for him?

Those leftwing regressive quacks wouldn't know medical ethics if they were bitch slapped with them. It's very simply unethical as hell to give a diagnosis on someone they have't personally examined, much less to do it publicly. Every damned one of them should be dragged before their respective State licensing boards to justify their unethical behavior.

35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.”

Per The Independent, the psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” said Dr. John Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School and who has in the past warned Trump is a “psychiatric Frankenstein monster.”

Gartner and other psychiatrists at the conference argued that Trump suffers from a particularly malignant case of pathological narcissism, which makes him a danger to the country and the world.

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was president,” Gartner explained. “If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional.”

Dr. James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, said that Trump’s erratic behavior has similarly disturbed him — despite the fact that he has lots of experience working with violent convicted criminals.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away,” he said. “You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

Rest here: It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'

If psychiatrists are saying this about Trump, what does it say about the people who voted for him?

And all 35 should lose their licenses...since they are making a diagnoses of someone without having examined him.......these people are dangerous quacks and should be stripped of their ability to practice medicine....

His policies certainly bother me

His mental state concerns me more than do his policies, what precious few of them he's been "kind enough" to share in detail. Though I don't think his articulated policies and themes are what's best for the nation, I can live with them quite well. A fair number of the ones I can empirically analyze -- economic and tax -- are going to suit me far better than they will the majority of Americans. I won't "cry" because those policies be implemented -- far from it; laughing my way to the bank so hard it brings tears to my eyes is more likely what I'll do -- but I don't think they should be.

I do not pretend to know his mental state.

I don't either, but then I'm not trained to in psychology so as to be able to observe behaviors and form a reasoned and reasonable initial impression that's likely to be accurate upon further and more detailed examination. I can do that in my own field, but not psychology/psychiatry.

I'd prefer the professionals follow the guidelines of their profession when "diagnosing" a "patient."

All professions guidelines that are meant to be following nearly all of the time. There are exceptions, however, for which the interests of risk mitigation mandates that one ignore the guidelines. The risk that the U.S., lo the "free world," is being led (de facto) by a man having NPD is such an exception that it warrants ignoring the guidelines.

Guidelines exist to do precisely that, guide, principals. They do not exist to obviate and prohibit a principal's exercise of his or her professional judgment. That very ethical dilemma is one criminal attorneys face, perhaps even routinely. (I'm told criminal attorneys don't actually or always ask their clients whether they committed the crime with which they've been charged.) While the specifics differ, the ethical dilemma is substantively the same ones Gartner and the other doctors faced in deciding whether to speak up or keep quiet about their concerns.

Now if this were a team from Walter Reed Hospital who had been observing Trump and talking to Trump etc., I would feel very differently about it. But they would not have announced it this way to the nation, either. If there is truly a danger, the folks in D.C. WILL handle it.

I suspect the way it'd be announced were a team at Walter Reed to make formally such a diagnosis is that we'd simply see provisions of the 25th Amendment being implemented. I think that would come as quite a shock were it to happen without being presaged by more casually offered concerns expressed as Gartner et al have done.

You and I have discussed this before. NPD is NOT in itself a danger, not even when one is President.

We have, and we disagree on that point.
Assuming the "Yale Doctors" are right, I don't think there's anything just about your, my or anyone else enduring the the NPD-related madness of Donald Trump. Given the power he has a POTUS, we are without question exposed to risk of suffering more than just the impact of being ticked off that is he is POTUS.
I'm giving you the last word on this, first because I have to go and second because I will surely not change your mind. I don't KNOW if he's dangerous, and I hope to God he's not.
I don't KNOW if he's dangerous, and I hope to God he's not.

Well, I don't either, but I think there is plenty reason for him to undergo psychiatric evaluation so we can find out for sure just what be the nature and extent of the risk to which the world is exposed.

From where I sit, Trump is the first modern POTUS of whom it appears to me, based on what experts have to say about it, that there's a real (as opposed to implausible and improbable) risk that the man may, as a consequence of a mental disorder of which he's unaware and unable to control, effect or fail to stave off global war, or nuclear war, be it global or not. I don't know about you, but I'd like to know whether, if either thing happens, whether it did in the wake of merely poor decision making that can at least be construed as having been the best decision that seemed apt at the time, or because the POTUS suffers from an ailment that inspires him to behave erratically, thus causing him to take us to a full blown war where winning is an "us or them" sort of thing as was WWII.

(Though I'm not keen on the limited warfare in which the U.S. has participated over the past 40 years, that's not the same as "full blown" -- call it declared, if you want -- war as I've described above.)

I'm very curious about the political leanings of these "professionals" that came together to make these dire warnings about the POTUS.
What does a professional assessment based, as much as is possible, on medical diagnostic models have to do with one's political leanings?

For some strange reason, some people think that science professionals cannot disaggregate their personal political views from their practice of sound scientific inquiry and analysis. I as a business professional, for example, am quite capable of examining Trump's tax and economic proposals and determining whether they will positively or negatively affect my personal fortunes, as well as how. That goes for my clients too. What I think in that regard has nothing to do with my personal position regarding those same policies and what I think of their value to the nation as a whole.

Social and natural scientists can do the same with regard to their areas of expertise.

When they only do it to Republicans, they are partisan hacks misusing their opinion. Hillary is just as much a narcissist but no diagnosis for her? Bill had serious impulse control issues but no shrinks were sounding the alarm. So, yeah, it's B.S..

"Duty to Warn" is associated with Big-Pharma. Their goal is to keep pushing these brainwashing mind altering drugs on our kids, teens, and folks that have a hard time dealing with the depressed state of the economy.

They don't want the current POTUS to revel the truth about the fact that many of the mass shootings have nothing to do with guns, but in fact have everything to do with the Voodoo and Witchcraft that they practice.

Liberals that would align themselves with Big-Pharma just to rid themselves of Trump are selling their souls to the Devil.

Duty to Warn: The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Manipulate Us Physicians Without our Awareness
Duty to Warn: The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Manipulate Us Physicians Without our Awareness

Duty-to-Warn mobilized though Change.org.

Trump is mentally ill and must be removed
by John Gartner Ph.D. · 49,989 supporters

Petition update
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT--JOIN DUTY TO WARN

The truth about Change.org. These corporations will buy these supposed AstroTurf for political reasons, it is the pinnacle of mechanized fascism, and useful tools readily fall for it.

Why I Will Not Sign Another Change.org Petition, Ever
Why I Will Not Sign Another Change.org Petition, Ever

"That's a pretty lame argument, to be honest. Saying that they'd be limited by remaining true to a progressive vision and so should empower everyone is just another way of saying their values mean less than their bottom line. Perhaps they don't understand that the reason they got traction was because there was an underlying trust that the causes promoted on their site were causes consistent with progressive values. The Rhee/StudentsFirst campaign and Stand for Children efforts were actually an effort to union-bust, which is clearly antithetical to progressive values.

If I, as a progressive, cannot trust the promoter of a cause as being progressive, then I have no option but to refuse to give my information up to any cause promoted on the site. It's really as simple as that."

Doesn't Dr. Gartner have enough work treating the borderline personalities that still don't believe Trump won the election? Listen to actress Ashley Judd's rant for a minute and you realize how sick the radical left is. Was Dr. Gartner in a freaking coma during the Clinton administration where Hillary enabled her husband's borderline psychotic sexual abusive personality all of her adult life in exchange for reflected political power?

I don't know. Narcissist, sure. Dangerous? Unstable? The stuff that comes out of his mouth seems to me to be more the bullshit that is employed by any good used car salesman. Don't take anything he says seriously/or at least be ready for him to change his mind.
Now, what do these psychiatrists plan to do about it now that they've diagnosed him from afar? Seems political to me. If they were really worried they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it. Removing the President isn't done by public opinion.

Dangerous, yes. Unstable, yes. Did you recently move to conservatard land where you spend all of your time making excuses for the guy? He's incited violence at his rallies, FFS. He's been incredibly reckless with foreign policy already, and he hasn't even gotten warmed up yet.

Of course these psychiatrists are "doing something." They're warning the country that we've elected a dangerous mad man. What else can they do? Start a petition?
It's impossible to take anything at face value any more, since politics has so infected every part of our society.

I suspect there's plenty of political motivation here. The problem is, even if they're right, it just sounds like more noise.

That's what happens when a society can no longer communicate on an honest, civil level.

Give me a break. Because you don't like their conclusion, that MUST mean that there's some political motivation at work here....lol

Those psychiatrists are communicating on an honest level. The guy who's dishonest and uncivil is the right wing piece of shit you voted for, the guy who incited violence at his rallies and who lies more than any politician in history.

It's rather pathetic that these so called "professionals" have let their political leanings overwhelm prudent practice. You don't diagnose someone you've never met if you have any integrity at all. That they HAVE speaks volumes about them...not Donald Trump!

I'm very curious about the political leanings of these "professionals" that came together to make these dire warnings about the POTUS.
What does a professional assessment based, as much as is possible, on medical diagnostic models have to do with one's political leanings?

For some strange reason, some people think that science professionals cannot disaggregate their personal political views from their practice of sound scientific inquiry and analysis. I as a business professional, for example, am quite capable of examining Trump's tax and economic proposals and determining whether they will positively or negatively affect my personal fortunes, as well as how. That goes for my clients too. What I think in that regard has nothing to do with my personal position regarding those same policies and what I think of their value to the nation as a whole.

Social and natural scientists can do the same with regard to their areas of expertise.

When they only do it to Republicans, they are partisan hacks misusing their opinion. Hillary is just as much a narcissist but no diagnosis for her? Bill had serious impulse control issues but no shrinks were sounding the alarm. So, yeah, it's B.S..
When they only do it to Republicans, they are partisan hacks misusing their opinion.
While that may be possible, it's not at all a rationally arrived at conclusion. It could well be that Republicans are -- for some reason -- more given to NPD. I don't know if they are or are not, but I do know that NPD was first discovered in 1980. As far as I know, only one POTUS, Trump, has been widely and legitimately suspected of suffering from it. That's hardly enough data points to assert that "they only do it to Republicans" and be seen as credible in doing so.

I don't know. Narcissist, sure. Dangerous? Unstable? The stuff that comes out of his mouth seems to me to be more the bullshit that is employed by any good used car salesman. Don't take anything he says seriously/or at least be ready for him to change his mind.
Now, what do these psychiatrists plan to do about it now that they've diagnosed him from afar? Seems political to me. If they were really worried they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it. Removing the President isn't done by public opinion.

Dangerous, yes. Unstable, yes. Did you recently move to conservatard land where you spend all of your time making excuses for the guy? He's incited violence at his rallies, FFS. He's been incredibly reckless with foreign policy already, and he hasn't even gotten warmed up yet.

Of course these psychiatrists are "doing something." They're warning the country that we've elected a dangerous mad man. What else can they do? Start a petition?

Inciting violence? Telling someone to "Get him out of here!" is inciting violence?

You are such a clueless waste of oxygen.

Inciting violence? Telling someone to "Get him out of here!" is inciting violence?

You are such a clueless waste of oxygen.

What do you think Trump telling his brainless followers to "knock the crap out of protestors" is, you demented clown? Introduce yourself to the English language you brain dead conservatard muppet.

The people that voted for him are a herd of sheep that have been conditioned to see everything in life as 'our team against their team', and if the sheep's team wins they couldn't care less who they win with.

The rest of the world knows as do the majority of Americans that the human race is at it's most precarious moment since Adolph took power. It is no exaggeration, that is the gravity of where we're at. Trump is dangerously mentally ill, officially.

You can honestly talk that shit with a straight face when you supported the bitch, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. LMAO

When they only do it to Republicans, they are partisan hacks misusing their opinion.
While that may be possible, it's not at all a rationally arrived at conclusion. It could well be that Republicans are -- for some reason -- more given to NPD. I don't know if they are or are not, but I do know that NPD was first discovered in 1980. As far as I know, only one POTUS, Trump, has been widely and legitimately suspected of suffering from it. That's hardly enough data points to assert that "they only do it to Republicans" and be seen as credible in doing so.

Are you serious? Clinton is a narcissist, too.

"A psychological analysis of Hillary Clinton — Democratic nominee in the 2016 presidential election — by Rylee Pool and Aubrey Immelman, Ph.D., at the Unit for the Study of Personality in Politics, revealed that Clinton’s predominant personality patterns are Ambitious/self-serving (a measure of narcissism) and Dominant/controlling, infused with secondary features of the Conscientious/dutiful and Retiring/reserved patterns. In summary, Clinton’s personality composite can be characterized as an adaptive elitist narcissist."

Personality Profile of Hillary Clinton | USPP

You just didn't care. You only care now because it's the other side's narcissist in power, so suddenly, it's dangerous. It is partisan B.S.. Bill was extremely reckless and Hillary extremely careless, both more dangerous than narcissism (which Trump, Hillary, Bill and Obama share).

The diagnosis is hardly new, as you claim.

"The personality was first described in 1925 by Robert Waelder while the current name for the condition came into use in 1968.[6]"

Narcissistic personality disorder - Wikipedia

This is another example of leftists in glass houses throwing stones. It is pretty blatant, actually, and a major reason the left lost so much ground.

Bad for thee but not for me. Rules for thee but not for me. Its condescending and insulting. We are sick of it. Clean up your side of the street before bitching about the rubbish on the other side.

they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it.
I believe they did indirectly, though I don't know what they've done beyond what's noted in the linked article and this one: 35 psychiatrists just met at Yale to warn Donald Trump has a 'dangerous mental illness'.

As much as I think that Donald is a total lying POS, I thought it was unprofessional to diagnose a psychiatric disorder without meeting the patient.

We need to keep a ledger of who cons consider not very smart.

97% of scientists around the world regarding Global Warming
Stephen Hawking
Scholars at Yale. (and one would assume they extend that to all Ivy League colleges)
Noam Chomsky
Darwin.
Michio Kaku
Lawrence Krauss

They instead have great faith in an orange clown with a nutjob come-over.

Are you serious? Clinton is a narcissist, too.
It's not a question of whether any POTUS is a narcissist. It's long been understood they all are. The issue with Trump is that he seems by available indicators and measures, to suffer from the extreme form of narcissism called "narcissistic personality disorder." (See also: Malignant Narcissism: Collision of Two Personality Disorders)

Once again: " In summary, Clinton’s personality composite can be characterized as an adaptive elitist narcissist."

If that's not dangerous enough, she's a sociopath.

The #1 Reason Hillary Clinton Cannot Be President | Michael J. Hurd, Ph.D. | Living Resources Center

Glass houses and utter denial ...

Forum List

Back