Is your hometown like mine?

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
I grew up in a small city that has its own newspaper, radio station and liberal arts college. I no longer live there, but I am close enough to watch what is happening in the city limits. Because I grew up there, I know that things have changed, and not for the better. I can conclude with a reasonable degree of certainty that the greatest threat to the people of the community there is not a global pandemic, it is a standard IQ test. The people there are stupid, and they have been made that way by propaganda.

In 2018 many newspapers across the country jettisoned journalistic integrity and joined together in a fascist mob to smear a sitting US president with accusations of attacking free speech. For decades US media has been increasingly populated with college educated leftists joined at the hip with government. Donald Trump’s election was a dangerous repudiation of central planning in the United States and Washington realized that the people had become hip to the fact that the War on Poverty and the Great Society were massive failures leaving Washington professionals with nothing to argue to stay in power.

The president was alerting the people that much of the American press had abandoned its responsibility to be a watchdog for the people and had effectively become an attack dog for the government. Many of the types of people populating US journalism are spoiled, servile, sycophants of established corrupt power and consider average Americans as worthless eaters. A president pointing this out was too much for them to tolerate.

The point of the propaganda venture was to suggest that only certain speech is free, and that speech is under the ownership of the state. Sound familiar? Pick up a genuine history book before they are all burned or rewritten. My hometown newspaper had deteriorated over the years to Fischer-Price status, and it too, eagerly jumped on the woke bandwagon decimating any remaining credibility it had.

The people in my hometown are stupid I am sorry to say. The smarter ones knew the election was fraudulent and let it stand because they hated trump. The real idiots are the ones that believe Joe Biden got 81 million votes, more votes than any candidate for any office in the history of the world. We can make vaccines for viruses but there will never be a cure for stupid. Washington knows that and is counting on it.

I grew up in a small city that has its own newspaper, radio station and liberal arts college. I no longer live there, but I am close enough to watch what is happening in the city limits. Because I grew up there, I know that things have changed, and not for the better. I can conclude with a reasonable degree of certainty that the greatest threat to the people of the community there is not a global pandemic, it is a standard IQ test. The people there are stupid, and they have been made that way by propaganda.

In 2018 many newspapers across the country jettisoned journalistic integrity and joined together in a fascist mob to smear a sitting US president with accusations of attacking free speech. For decades US media has been increasingly populated with college educated leftists joined at the hip with government. Donald Trump’s election was a dangerous repudiation of central planning in the United States and Washington realized that the people had become hip to the fact that the War on Poverty and the Great Society were massive failures leaving Washington professionals with nothing to argue to stay in power.

The president was alerting the people that much of the American press had abandoned its responsibility to be a watchdog for the people and had effectively become an attack dog for the government. Many of the types of people populating US journalism are spoiled, servile, sycophants of established corrupt power and consider average Americans as worthless eaters. A president pointing this out was too much for them to tolerate.

The point of the propaganda venture was to suggest that only certain speech is free, and that speech is under the ownership of the state. Sound familiar? Pick up a genuine history book before they are all burned or rewritten. My hometown newspaper had deteriorated over the years to Fischer-Price status, and it too, eagerly jumped on the woke bandwagon decimating any remaining credibility it had.

The people in my hometown are stupid I am sorry to say. The smarter ones knew the election was fraudulent and let it stand because they hated trump. The real idiots are the ones that believe Joe Biden got 81 million votes, more votes than any candidate for any office in the history of the world. We can make vaccines for viruses but there will never be a cure for stupid. Washington knows that and is counting on it.

Nope, my "hometown" has a church, a school with two classrooms, a park and a drinking hole that's sometime open, sometimes closed down.

Or maybe, the world has just passed you by and you're bitter. Donald John Trump wasn't a visionary. He wasn't a leader. He wasn't anything..except the incompetent and corrupt hack he turned out to be. His political career should have been over the moment he stepped off the escalator at Trump Tower in 2015. And in a sane world, it would have been. A majority of us knew he was going to be a disaster, largely because he didn't care about anything or anyone..except himself. Unfortunately, we had/have people like you who naively supported him, thinking he was going to return an America to you that was gone a LONG time ago. Then, the voters showed him the door. Because he was a terrible President. Nothing else. He got voted out. And for some reason, you and others just can't let it go. Don't blame the media. They're just reporting what's out there. The election wasn't stolen. He lost. To say otherwise is LIE. I for one, like to see the media standing up to Trump as they gave him a free pass on his

It isn't the people of your former hometown that are stupid. It's just you've refused to evolve. It's same thing I heard my grandparents say about my parents generation, and so forth and so on.
Try letting go of alt-right media sources and get out and live. :)

Or maybe, the world has just passed you by and you're bitter. Donald John Trump wasn't a visionary. He wasn't a leader. He wasn't anything..except the incompetent and corrupt hack he turned out to be. His political career should have been over the moment he stepped off the escalator at Trump Tower in 2015. And in a sane world, it would have been. A majority of us knew he was going to be a disaster, largely because he didn't care about anything or anyone..except himself. Unfortunately, we had/have people like you who naively supported him, thinking he was going to return an America to you that was gone a LONG time ago. Then, the voters showed him the door. Because he was a terrible President. Nothing else. He got voted out. And for some reason, you and others just can't let it go. Don't blame the media. They're just reporting what's out there. The election wasn't stolen. He lost. To say otherwise is LIE. I for one, like to see the media standing up to Trump as they gave him a free pass on his

It isn't the people of your former hometown that are stupid. It's just you've refused to evolve. It's same thing I heard my grandparents say about my parents generation, and so forth and so on.
I will never evolve to groupthink.

Johnnies restaurant,detached country store-feed store.
Walter Mo's service center(great mechanic)
Volunteer fire rescue
Methodist church
Bait store-guns-bullets-knives(moonshine at the back door)
Havent seen it since about 1978

My condolences.
It was at one time a truly great city. Lead the nation in per capita income and home ownership. Good jobs were abundant, crime low, and effective public schools. Beautiful architecture and nice working class neighborhoods throughout.

All gone now.

Donald Trump’s election was a dangerous repudiation of central planning in the United States and Washington realized that the people had become hip to the fact that the War on Poverty and the Great Society were massive failures leaving Washington professionals with nothing to argue to stay in power.
The fact of the matter is that under Trump, the poverty rate in America went to an all-time record low. Trump led the most successful war on poverty in the history of America.

Last edited:
I've lived in the same town/county I was born in all my life and being just 50 miles away from NOtVA and another 10 to DC makes it a real fight to keep the transplants with their liberal ideas at bay.....Mainly because you have to fight the fuckin' local gop slags and their lawyer/developer buddies from turning every empty patch of dirt into homes for said transplants.

It's really changed since they ran I-66 past my town and connected to I-81 with two interchanges. The fuckin' transplants will commute that 50-60 miles into NOtVA/DC and not even think about it. About 52% of the workers in town do it every day.

We are still solid red at about 72% but I fear it's a losing battle as NOtVA creeps closer every year. The only thing that has saved us is the large landholders of Fauquier County's "horse country" acting as a bit of a buffer.

Hell there is so much traffic in town now that a kid takes his life in his hands just trying to ride a bike....And hell, no real kid with a sense of adventure wants a structured bike path.

Quality of life is sort of a wash as we used to be a "factory town" with a lot of pollution. The plant shut down, became super fund site for 20 years, and things are pretty clean now.

That's why I scoff at the greenies, they don't have a fuckin' clue about real pollution as much of it was cleaned-up well before they were born.

I understand the criticism, no one is above it (unless you are a woke, alt-left member of society and then any contrary speech is punishable by death or simply "Cancellation), but how was Trump a "disaster"?

Furthermore, if you are going to make that declaration, explain how the current regimes policies and results are an improvement over Trumps.

Last edited:
I spent the first 5 years of my life in a small cabin in the Sierra Nevadas up many miles of unpaved roads and 30 miles from the nearest store. It wasn't a town, really, as it was just a saw mill and 5 or 6 cabins.

The cabins are still there, I assume, but the mill shut down and I doubt anybody lives there any more.

The Press was too easy on Trump

No other President got away with as much as Trump did

The Press was too easy on Trump
No other President got away with as much as Trump did
Well, it was like trying to catch raindrops in a hurricane. They couldn't focus on any of the madness for more than about hour, before the next one came in.

I often wonder if that's by design, or if absolute chaos is just his natural state.

. I can conclude with a reasonable degree of certainty that the greatest threat to the people of the community there is not a global pandemic, it is a standard IQ test. The people there are stupid,
After reading your posts, I can only conclude it must be the water

Forum List

Back