Is It Moral for Married Couples to do Oral/Anal?

I must have missed something, I never saw the term "monogamous" in the original post/question. Dont start practicing Liberals debating strategy.

That was the premise of the original question...whether it's okay for a married couple to engage in oral/anal with each other. Nothing was said about oral/anal with other people. Do you want base your argument on an assumption that ALL married couples cheat on each other?

I must have missed something, I never saw the term "monogamous" in the original post/question. Dont start practicing Liberals debating strategy.

You are right the word monogamous was not in Jeff's original question. Knowing a little bit about Jeff I am confident that his intent for a married couple would include that marriage to be monogamous.

So, how does a married couple spread an STD?

If a couple is indeed monogamus, there can be no STDs. But engaging in anal sex there is a chance of spreading disease. And if you have vowed to love one person above all others in this world, why would you take a chance in harming them; either physically or emotionally?

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/analsex.htm

I'm confused. If both partners entered the marriage disease free and are faithful, where is the chance of spreading disease?

I'm confused. If both partners entered the marriage disease free and are faithful, where is the chance of spreading disease?
From the link:

Is it safe?
.....The main health risks, which affect both heterosexual and homosexual couples, are described below.

* Human papilloma virus (HPV, wart virus): can be transmitted during anal intercourse and lead to anal warts, which in turn could perhaps predispose infected individuals to cancer of the anal canal.

http://www.healthandhpv.com/

* Hepatitis A (infectious hepatitis): is a viral infection that can cause jaundice and abdominal pain. Hepatitis A is not usually a very serious illness, although sufferers can feel quite ill. It can be transmitted by oral-anal contact.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/a/faqa.htm#gen

* Escherichia coli (E. coli): may sometimes cause mild to severe, or even (rarely) fatal, gastroenteritis. It is one of many viruses and bacteria that can be transmitted by oral-anal contact. Some E. coli strains (uropathic E. coli) can also cause urinary tract infections (UTIs), ranging from cystitis to pyelonephritis - a serious kidney infection. E. coli very readily crosses the short distance between the female anus and the female urinary opening, so causing a urinary infection. Anal intercourse could facilitate this ‘transfer’ – particularly if it is immediately followed by vaginal intercourse.

http://people.ku.edu/~jbrown/ecoli.html

That was the premise of the original question...whether it's okay for a married couple to engage in oral/anal with each other. Nothing was said about oral/anal with other people. Do you want base your argument on an assumption that ALL married couples cheat on each other?

Why would you think I want to base my arguement on the assumption all married couples cheat?

If the original question says, "should married couples..."

and someone says, "no because it could lead to spreading diseases..."

That DOES NOT state or imply that ALL married couples will spread it, or ALL married couples have to cheat. MERELY ONE CHEATING couple can cause the spread of the disease.

ITs basic logic, something you sorely need to apply in your religous posts.

You are right the word monogamous was not in Jeff's original question. Knowing a little bit about Jeff I am confident that his intent for a married couple would include that marriage to be monogamous.

So, how does a married couple spread an STD?

I understand his intent on marriages would be for them to not cheat. However, in the context of the question, it would be strange for him to propose that no married couples in the real world would cheat. And the question pertains to couples in the real world. Hell, even our ex president could have been spreading it. Nice, and thats from the party that proclaims we should lead by example.....oh honey, you can come out from under the desk now, Im finished :)

I understand his intent on marriages would be for them to not cheat. However, in the context of the question, it would be strange for him to propose that no married couples in the real world would cheat. And the question pertains to couples in the real world. Hell, even our ex president could have been spreading it. Nice, and thats from the party that proclaims we should lead by example.....oh honey, you can come out from under the desk now, Im finished :)
So you assume that most married couples cheat?

Talk about logic...let's apply yours to something other than sex, say driving. Your logic would have us outlawing driving because some people drink and drive. Two disease-free people can engage in oral and anal sex without fear of disease. The arguments about the spread of disease are being applied with a huge roller to indiscriminately cover all couples. It's illogical.

Why would you think I want to base my arguement on the assumption all married couples cheat?

That DOES NOT state or imply that ALL married couples will spread it, or ALL married couples have to cheat. MERELY ONE CHEATING couple can cause the spread of the disease.

One married person can spread any STD, through almost any position, not necessarily (ick) through anal sex. Cheating is immoral (espeically WITHOUT protection), not sexual positions and oral sex.

Some married couples use guns to go on crime sprees. Married people shouldn't have guns.

One married person can spread any STD, through almost any position, not necessarily (ick) through anal sex. Cheating is immoral (espeically WITHOUT protection), not sexual positions and oral sex.

Lord knows I don't wish to disagree with you, but are you saying that married people that use 'protection' are cheating less than those that use protection? :confused: I would say they are less responsible and in some cases guilty of manslaughter, but all is wrong.

In 2006, seems to me if one wishes multiple partners, there is no reason to 'marry'.

Anal sex is or should be tabu...fact... when sperm (protein) is introduced into the anal cavity which is filled with bacteria...mutation does occur...it really does not matter if it is homosexual or hetrosexual in nature...mutation will occur...thus aids was developed...going back to research in Africa on monkeys...albeit it had nothing to do with monkeys per se but a researcher who happened to be homosexual and perverted and tagged the disease to the monkeys...do the research!

Lord knows I don't wish to disagree with you, but are you saying that married people that use 'protection' are cheating less than those that use protection? :confused: I would say they are less responsible and in some cases guilty of manslaughter, but all is wrong.

In 2006, seems to me if one wishes multiple partners, there is no reason to 'marry'.

I'm not so sure how you came to those conclusions based on what I wrote??? I made no mention of how often couples cheat.

In any case, what I said (ment) was that all it takes is one cheating partner to spread any std, no matter what position they favor. I also said cheating is immoral, even moreso without protection.

Anal sex is or should be tabu...fact... when sperm (protein) is introduced into the anal cavity which is filled with bacteria...mutation does occur...it really does not matter if it is homosexual or hetrosexual in nature...mutation will occur...thus aids was developed...going back to research in Africa on monkeys...albeit it had nothing to do with monkeys per se but a researcher who happened to be homosexual and perverted and tagged the disease to the monkeys...do the research!

:link:

I'm not so sure how you came to those conclusions based on what I wrote??? I made no mention of how often couples cheat.

In any case, what I said (ment) was that all it takes is one cheating partner to spread any std, no matter what position they favor. I also said cheating is immoral, even moreso without protection.
On that we agree, all cheating is wrong. While it may hurt a partner to say, "I want someone else," that's much less wrong than doing so and saying nothing.

More like Archology 101...a new benchmark in totally fuckin clueless!

OMG!!!!!!! Arch!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back