Is It Moral for Married Couples to do Oral/Anal?

If a couple is indeed monogamus, there can be no STDs. But engaging in anal sex there is a chance of spreading disease. And if you have vowed to love one person above all others in this world, why would you take a chance in harming them; either physically or emotionally?

I haven't advocated one activity or another, just posing questions about how someones seemingly personal life effects our society as a whole.

Is it possible that if someone has vowed love to one person above all others that they could do emotional harm through neglect because they spend most of their free time and disposable income in a bar?

I have seen it happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
......Is it possible that if someone has vowed love to one person above all others that they could do emotional harm through neglect because they spend most of their free time and disposable income in a bar?....
How about spending hours on a computer? Maybe with a hobby, or watching football? How about shopping or going out with friends or playing sports? What about your job? You spend so much time making money for your family, you don't have time to spend it with your family.
There are all kinds of ways to neglect a spouse causing emotional harm.

Anal sex is or should be tabu...fact... when sperm (protein) is introduced into the anal cavity which is filled with bacteria...mutation does occur...it really does not matter if it is homosexual or hetrosexual in nature...mutation will occur...thus aids was developed...

Wow, this might be the most wrong thing I have ever read. Thanks for the laugh.

1. transmission of AIDS has nothing to do with bacteria in the anus
2. transmission can occur with most bodily fluids, not just anal sex

So you assume that most married couples cheat?

Well, at least we are getting closer to what I ACTUALLY said. First it was ALL married couples cheat, now its MOST, that Im accused of saying. What I actually said was SOME

Talk about logic...let's apply yours to something other than sex, say driving. Your logic would have us outlawing driving because some people drink and drive. Two disease-free people can engage in oral and anal sex without fear of disease. The arguments about the spread of disease are being applied with a huge roller to indiscriminately cover all couples. It's illogical.
at least I have some logic, something you seem to be devoid of.

Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? Please cite where I said it should be outlawed, or that all married couples should cheat. Oh, I know, since I have destroyed some of your anti God arguements, you feel you HAVE to find something wrong with my postings. :)

One married person can spread any STD, through almost any position, not necessarily (ick) through anal sex. Cheating is immoral (espeically WITHOUT protection), not sexual positions and oral sex.

One cheating couple can be one person. If one person in a marriage is cheating, as is usually the case, then it is construed as a cheating couple in this context.

Some married couples use guns to go on crime sprees. Married people shouldn't have guns.

Do you really believe that?

Problem with your analogy is this.
anal sex is a subset of the entire scope of sex activity for the couple.
Using the gun for a crime spree is a subset of owning/using the gun.

SO, (and once again, I didnt say this) if one wants to outlaw anal sex, it would be analogous to outlawing crime sprees.

Do you really believe that?

Problem with your analogy is this.
anal sex is a subset of the entire scope of sex activity for the couple.
Using the gun for a crime spree is a subset of owning/using the gun.

SO, (and once again, I didnt say this) if one wants to outlaw anal sex, it would be analogous to outlawing crime sprees.
Owning/using a gun is a subset of owning any type of weapon. My analogy is working just fine.

Beyond that, use of gun for a crime spree will always cause pain and or suffering to the victim. That's not the case for anal sex.

How about spending hours on a computer? Maybe with a hobby, or watching football? How about shopping or going out with friends or playing sports? What about your job? You spend so much time making money for your family, you don't have time to spend it with your family.
There are all kinds of ways to neglect a spouse causing emotional harm.

Quite true Joz, quite true. It seems all such activites can be enjoyed but done so responsibly.

Well, at least we are getting closer to what I ACTUALLY said. First it was ALL married couples cheat, now its MOST, that Im accused of saying. What I actually said was SOME

ACTUALLY, you said one. So you want to base the standards for all based on the actions of one or even a few?

Since my socio-political position is similar to that of a moderate social Libertarian, in answer to your question, I think that it is amoral for married couples to engage in oral or anal sex. For the most part, informed mutually consenting adults should be free to do as they please – and face the consequences (risks and rewards) of their actions.

Since my socio-political position is similar to that of a moderate social Libertarian, in answer to your question, I think that it is amoral for married couples to engage in oral or anal sex. For the most part, informed mutually consenting adults should be free to do as they please – and face the consequences (risks and rewards) of their actions.
Which brings us full circle. What happens when their behavior begins to affect society??? And it eventually will.

Wow, I had no idea that my question would be so popular!

To clarify, back in post 260, yes, I do assume that a married couple is monogamous.

I sure hope you guys don't think I'm some sort of heterosexual ass bandit. I was just curious to see other people's responses to this.

Owning/using a gun is a subset of owning any type of weapon. My analogy is working just fine.

Beyond that, use of gun for a crime spree will always cause pain and or suffering to the victim. That's not the case for anal sex.

NOPE, your analogy is simply flawed.

Outlawing owning guns by married couples would be the same as outlawing any sex for any married couple.

Spin it all you want.

ACTUALLY, you said one. So you want to base the standards for all based on the actions of one or even a few?

Wow, you really like putting words in peoples mouths, eh?

I NEVER stated if it should be illegal, or if its wrong. I merely agreed that it can be dangerous to others if married couples engage in it.

Wow, I had no idea that my question would be so popular!

To clarify, back in post 260, yes, I do assume that a married couple is monogamous.

I sure hope you guys don't think I'm some sort of heterosexual ass bandit. I was just curious to see other people's responses to this.

To be accurate, you would have to have stated so in the original question.

Should married couples engage in anal oral sex, would include ALL married couples. If you want to liimit it, then you would have to say, should monogamous couples.....

I merely agreed that it can be dangerous to others if married couples engage in it.

Am I really misrepresenting your views? What is your opinion of married couples engaging in oral/anal, particularly when applying the statement above.

It's dangerous only if you add a bunch of hypothetical qualifiers to the situation, which brings us back to square one.

NOPE, your analogy is simply flawed.

Outlawing owning guns by married couples would be the same as outlawing any sex for any married couple.

Spin it all you want.
To be accurate, you would have to have stated so in the original question.

Should married couples engage in anal oral sex, would include ALL married couples. If you want to liimit it, then you would have to say, should monogamous couples.....
One of us is spinning, but it's not me.

Forum List

Back