Zone1 Is God Truly Gender Neutral?

Well according to the Bible He made women out of Adam's rib. Doesn't seem like that would take a whole lot of creativity to think of them since I do believe that the two are related to one another. Especially for God since He created the whole entire universe so that would be simple child's play to Him.
It's an allegorical account. It's not meant to be read literally.

What other way is there to read it then?
Allegorically.

Here's what the 1st two chapters of Genesis tell us in an allegorical fashion:

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation

5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation.

Allegorically.

Here's what the 1st two chapters of Genesis tell us in an allegorical fashion:

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation

5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation.

1. I don't know what any of this has to do with what I said.
2. Are you sure about number two? I'm not saying He messed up I'm saying we messed up btw.

Often times ignorance is insolent. This is especially true for ignorance that thinks it knows... like yours.
Today there have been no Christians throwing personal insults and personal attacks at others.

Could it be that the imaginary Satan has been at work to stop the practice, which has effectively embarrassed Christians into behaving more like the Christians they claim to be?

Will they be back tomorrow with their same old routine?

I'm cautiously confident that they will turn over a new leaf!

I don't believe God has a gender. It goes to reason that God, in Himself, contains both masculine and feminine natures but that doesn't mean gender. I believe that God is incorporeal and the closest I can come to explaining that is that God is every extant attribute of reality.

Ann Barnhardt said, "If God possessed no feminine nature, then that would mean that women contained a nature that was completely outside of God. How could God create something which He Himself did not contain? Well, you might say, God doesn’t have an evil nature, but evil exists. No. Evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is not extant, just as cold is the mere absence of heat, and darkness is the mere absence of light. Femininity is an extant nature. Femininity is NOT the absence of masculinity. Femininity is an existential reality unto itself, and therefore God contains it in Himself."

This presupposes that God doesn't truly have the power to create as He sees fit. It also presupposes that He would be bound physically as we are. He is not. He created female to be a help meet, a partner with man. One must always take into consideration that God is a Spirit who creates as He sees fit, not bound by the Natural Laws that bind us.

It's an allegorical account. It's not meant to be read literally.
I'm on your side in that nobody can take any great exception to a Christian who doesn't claim any literal sense in his/her belief system.

Allegory can remain, and is harmless to science and the acceptance of Darwinian evolution. The Catholic church has demoted the creation myths to allegory and rhetoric, in favour of the obvious.

1. I don't know what any of this has to do with what I said.
2. Are you sure about number two? I'm not saying He messed up I'm saying we messed up btw.
It's what the account of Genesis is saying in an allegorical fashion.

Today there have been no Christians throwing personal insults and personal attacks at others.

Could it be that the imaginary Satan has been at work to stop the practice, which has effectively embarrassed Christians into behaving more like the Christians they claim to be?

Will they be back tomorrow with their same old routine?

I'm cautiously confident that they will turn over a new leaf!
That's your arrogance speaking. It's not a good look on you and why I believe you are a passive aggressive militant atheist.

This presupposes that God doesn't truly have the power to create as He sees fit. It also presupposes that He would be bound physically as we are. He is not. He created female to be a help meet, a partner with man. One must always take into consideration that God is a Spirit who creates as He sees fit, not bound by the Natural Laws that bind us.
My interpretation makes no such presumption. My interpretation merely states what I believe He did. Which of the two options is the more impressive display of His power.

Impossible if God has a gender. One or tbe other is not made in God’s image.
I take being made in God's image to mean beings that know and create but I don't believe God has a gender either. God is incorporeal. Ancient man saying that "man" is made in God's image is a distinction made to set apart humans from animals. Animals have no concept of good and evil or fairness. Humans do. That's why the distinction exists.

Forum List

Back