Zone1 Is God Truly Gender Neutral?

I think the use of days was only used to signified time passing. As in everything wasn't done all at once. It's like when they say Christ was dead for three days. That just signifies a time long enough to know he was dead. One of the cool things about that account - other than it sequencing the creation of the universe and then light appearing which is scientifically correct - is that it tells us the only thing god created was the universe. Everything else was stated as let there be. It doesn't claim that God created anything else.

My perception of God is that God is every extant attribute of reality.
Bingo!
"My perception of God is that God is every extant attribute of reality."

You can't get something from nothing, so would stand to reason that all of existence was "created" out of substance of the Creator.
Everything is Creator/God ~ God/Creator is Everything.

All the history I've come across suggests that "Genesis" in the Old Testament was lifted from the Sumerian Enuma Elish, with some Hebrew spin applied in translation.

This topic remains rhetoric unless one starts to compare all known "creation stories" from all known, religions, etc.

Everything is Creator/God ~ God/Creator is Everything.
I'm not quite there on that. That's pantheism. And if that's your belief, I'm ok with that. It is perfectly natural for different people to have different perceptions of God. I guess we will all discover the answer soon enough anyway. I don't buy into the argument that there are right and wrong answers that affect how God treats us. I believe that God treats everyone the same regardless of their belief about him. I'm sure that will ruffle a few feathers but I've gotten use to that. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions and should be able to express their opinions without fear that their beliefs will anger others. I don't believe we should act like jerks just because we have different beliefs. And this applies to everything, not just God. It's OK to disagree. I wish more people would learn how to do it without getting their knickers all bunched up. Truth is discovered through a conflict and confusion process. Diversity of thought is critical to that process. It's how we arrive at objective truth.

Anyway, my perception of God is that God provides reality to everyone and everything at all times. Which is not the same thing as believing everything is God and God is everything. I don't believe the painter can be the painting. Another way to say this is that the material world exists in the mind of God but we aren't God's mind. There are good reasons to believe the material world is made up of mind stuff. And because of this - at least partly - I believe this is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

What do you believe Donald H and Larsky ?

Last edited:
You can't get something from nothing, so would stand to reason that all of existence was "created" out of substance of the Creator.
I don't buy into the argument that God designed everything. I believe that God willed the material world into existence. As in, "Let there be existence." As for for your belief that all of existence was "created" out of substance of the Creator," I believe that God is incorporeal. As such there is no substance, only consciousness or mind. I've spent a great deal of time studying the origin of the universe. From what I have learned it is clear to me that there was no created thing that existed before space and time that this universe was created from. I usually simplify this statement by saying the universe was created from nothing because it's quicker to say that than to say it the other way. But technically the other way is a more correct way of saying it.

All the history I've come across suggests that "Genesis" in the Old Testament was lifted from the Sumerian Enuma Elish, with some Hebrew spin applied in translation.
It's important to remember that the Sumerians were polytheistic. This is an extremely important distinction. Polytheists believe in gods who control the material world and interfere in the affairs of men. Monotheists believe in a Creator God who created existence, and for the most part, doesn't control the material world and allows man reign (aka free will) to do as he pleases without interference. Prior to the time of the first monotheist - widely credited as Abraham - they all shared a common heritage and culture. So I would expect that there would be similarities. The first 11 chapters of Genesis (excluding Chapters 1 and 2) is the common history that they all shared. The first two chapters of Genesis provide the important distinctions between polytheism and monotheism.

I enjoyed your post and hope my different beliefs did not offend you.

Define "Someone".
I believe this is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.
I shun bullies
Which they probably laugh at. The only thing a bully understands is a bigger bully.
and laugh at agendas.
That would be your loss. Not all agendas are bad.

Briefly, without the sun there is lack of heat and that means very close to absolute zero. And according to your religious belief, no other sun existed either, which makes the earth a cold hunk of rock and ..................... and......................, etc.

Don't bother making something up for me now, unless you are going to speak the literal truth which can at least be considered. Stay in your make believe world and I won't have any reason to object to your lies to others. Pretend that religion is literally true, and I'll there too.
Let me help.
God didn't create the sun in Genesis One. He swept away the darkness so the sun could once again shine on the earth. The sun was up there all the time.

Let me help.
God didn't create the sun in Genesis One. He swept away the darkness so the sun could once again shine on the earth. The sun was up there all the time.
Alright! Then the sun always has been and it didn't need a creator!

I think you're digging the god hole deeper

I'm not quite there on that. That's pantheism. And if that's your belief, I'm ok with that. It is perfectly natural for different people to have different perceptions of God. I guess we will all discover the answer soon enough anyway. I don't buy into the argument that there are right and wrong answers that affect how God treats us. I believe that God treats everyone the same regardless of their belief about him. I'm sure that will ruffle a few feathers but I've gotten use to that. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions and should be able to express their opinions without fear that their beliefs will anger others. I don't believe we should act like jerks just because we have different beliefs. And this applies to everything, not just God. It's OK to disagree. I wish more people would learn how to do it without getting their knickers all bunched up. Truth is discovered through a conflict and confusion process. Diversity of thought is critical to that process. It's how we arrive at objective truth.

Anyway, my perception of God is that God provides reality to everyone and everything at all times. Which is not the same thing as believing everything is God and God is everything. I don't believe the painter can be the painting. Another way to say this is that the material world exists in the mind of God but we aren't God's mind. There are good reasons to believe the material world is made up of mind stuff. And because of this - at least partly - I believe this is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

What do you believe Donald H and Larsky ?
I believe that you should practice what you preach on allowing others to have their beliefs, and that includes non-belief. You've been rude and abusive toward me for no reason other than I'm an atheist.

It's not me who has engaged in personal attacks Christian.

Let's give it a try again today!

I believe that you should practice what you preach on allowing others to have their beliefs, and that includes non-belief. You've been rude and abusive toward me for no reason other than I'm an atheist.

It's not me who has engaged in personal attacks Christian.
I do try to practice my beliefs. But I’m not perfect. I’m perfectly fine with you believing whatever you want to believe. I’ve always been fine with you believing whatever you want to believe. Don’t confuse my disagreement with you as not being fine with whatever you want to believe.

You are the one who is not fine with others believing whatever they want to believe. That’s why you are here. You want to show how superior you believe you are to them.

How have I been rude to you exactly? What did I say that was rude and abusive to you?

Let's give it a try again today!
I’ll do what I can but my schedule is getting ready to get busy. I won’t be here as often as I was.

I suggest you stop trying to speak for me when you speak to others. I suggest you state your beliefs and not assume there isn’t a logical explanation. In short be curious rather than passive aggressive and I will do the same. Then we will get along just fine.

I’ll do what I can but my schedule is getting ready to get busy. I won’t be here as often as I was.

I suggest you stop trying to speak for me when you speak to others. I suggest you state your beliefs and not assume there isn’t a logical explanation. In short be curious rather than passive aggressive and I will do the same. Then we will get along just fine.
All I've ever said that could possibly offend you is that the Catholic church accepts Darwinian evolution over creation, and that you claim that your bibles are rhetoric and allegory that shouldn't be taken literally.

If you take that as me being passive aggressive then I think that's your problem.

The only objection I've heard from you, other than the personal attacks, is that you don't think creation has been replaced, but that creation is somehow reconciled along with evolution.

I haven't come to accept that's possible yet but tell me more!

All I've ever said that could possibly offend you is that the Catholic church accepts Darwinian evolution over creation, and that you claim that your bibles are rhetoric and allegory that shouldn't be taken literally.

If you take that as me being passive aggressive then I think that's your problem.

The only objection I've heard from you, other than the personal attacks, is that you don't think creation has been replaced, but that creation is somehow reconciled along with evolution.

I haven't come to accept that's possible yet but tell me more!
I suggest you go back to each instance you tried to use me to make your points and see what I said each time.

Forum List

Back