Zone1 My religion has gone through many changes in the last few months

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
I used to love going to Mass at the local Catholic Church...

Then I learned about how awful Vatican II was/is.. and.. started learning about Lefebvre who defied that vile Council. In additiion to that, I began having serious problems w/ the local Catholic priest(s).

Then I found myself dissatisfied w/ the SSPX that he (Lefebvre) founded... and ended up a Sedevacantist, which means I believe the Chair of St Peter is vacant and has been since 1958

All these changes I'vebeen going through have ... caused some stress, to say the least... It shouldn't be like this

But then I think of 2 words: human nature...

Maybe it's a wonder the Church was united as long as it was

Then I learned about how awful Vatican II was/is.. and.. started learning about Lefebvre who defied that vile Council. In additiion to that, I began having serious problems w/ the local Catholic priest(s).

Then I found myself dissatisfied w/ the SSPX that he (Lefebvre) founded... and ended up a Sedevacantist, which means I believe the Chair of St Peter is vacant and has been since 1958

All these changes I'vebeen going through have ... causes some stress, to say the least...

Isn't religion about your relationship with god and not your relationship with any particular church?

• Banned
Isn't religion about your relationship with god and not your relationship with any particular church?
I don't see a big difference

Christ founded a Church

I think that kind of means He wanted us to belong in it... attend Mass

Well, technically it was founded by the Holy Spirit 50 days after the resurrection if one wants to be Biblical about it, but it wasn't the Catholic Church.

Well that's about my limit for this thread. I'm going to go hide under a rock now because there's a storm a-blowing! :safetocomeoutff:

All these changes I'vebeen going through have ... caused some stress, to say the least... It shouldn't be like this

You should probably quit.

The first Christian Church is actually the Coptic Church, primarily in Egypt. The Catholic Church was deliberately spread by the sword. The Russian orthodox Church and Greek orthodox Church are both older than the Catholic church. Soon ummm not sure where you are going. If you don't like your religion change it.

Christ founded a Church

I think that kind of means He wanted us to belong in it... attend Mass

That is exactly what DID NOT happen . Jesus was dead

His elder brother James was responsible for the organised religion and Paul made up the magical element of the Trinity .A Fairy story .
Then when the lives of the Popes are reviewed you enter a world of total violence and corruption .
DYOR .
I guarantee you will be horrified when you find out how unchristian the role and practise of the Papacy
and the Vatican was . .

I'm sure people of all Faiths have moments of doubt and conflicting perspectives. If God exists, as we believe, we should pray to him often, repent, ask for guidance, read his words and remain loyal to them. As far as I am concerned everything else is just a bonus that allows us to remain connected.

Then I learned about how awful Vatican
Sounds like an excuse not to attend Mass. Worship is about the individual and God. Try that. I can verify that when one is wrapped up in God, the Vatican is the farthest thing from one's mind.

Whatever is going on with you, it's not about the Vatican. Fix the relationship with God and the rest falls into proper place--with the Vatican pretty much at the end of the list.

It's not a Church. It's a cult.
Go and read The Book. YOURSELF !
Forget the mirrors, smoke, grape juice, beads,vanilla wafers, sitting in a portajohn and talking to some jerk you can't even see, bird mouthed pagan hats, hailing some woman, especially vanilla fucking wafers.
Read His Word. That's all you need

Well, technically it was founded by the Holy Spirit 50 days after the resurrection if one wants to be Biblical about it, but it wasn't the Catholic Church.
believe what you want. You will find out Some Day... hopefully it won't be too late by then

It's not a Church. It's a cult.
Go and read The Book. YOURSELF !
Forget the mirrors, smoke, grape juice, beads,vanilla wafers, sitting in a portajohn and talking to some jerk you can't even see, bird mouthed pagan hats, hailing some woman, especially vanilla fucking wafers.
Read His Word. That's all you need
Believe what you want. You will find out Some Day.. hopefully it won't be too late then..

Sounds like an excuse not to attend Mass. Worship is about the individual and God. Try that. I can verify that when one is wrapped up in God, the Vatican is the farthest thing from one's mind.

Whatever is going on with you, it's not about the Vatican. Fix the relationship with God and the rest falls into proper place--with the Vatican pretty much at the end of the list.

I used your own words to respond to this post of yours:

Sounds like an excuse not to listen to a true, sincere Catholic. Worship was set up by God himself and to do it some other way is to go against God. Try that. I can verify that when one is wrapped up in God the way HE wants and not the way man wants, the thoughts and activities of man are the farthest thing from one's mind.

Whatever is going on with you, it's not about the Truth of Christ's Church. Fix the relationship with God and the rest falls into proper place--with your own man-made thoughts and opinions pretty much at the end of the list.

Forum List

Back