Zone1 Is God Truly Gender Neutral?

But, what if God is a glorified man and has a wife who is a glorified woman? Also, "image" doesn't mean exactly the same. My daughter is easily recognizable as my daughter with her face and eyes.
Image and likeness.

God and Christ are masculine for the purpose of this dispensation, and into the millennium. After that, who knows.

What does that have to do with anything? How old do you believe the earth and universe are?

It has everything to do with it. I know the earth is more than 6 thousand years old, beyond that I couldn't say. The following is not original with me. It doe however give a plausible answer to the evidence suggesting that the Earth is indeed older than 6000 years.

Genesis 1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

So it is created.....now,

Now the earth was formless and empty

Why would it now be formless and empty?

darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Why were the "waters" be covering the already created once Earth? Why is God "hovering" over those waters?

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

What if this at the very least a second creation?

It has everything to do with it. I know the earth is more than 6 thousand years old, beyond that I couldn't say. The following is not original with me. It doe however give a plausible answer to the evidence suggesting that the Earth is indeed older than 6000 years.

Genesis 1

darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Why were the "waters" be covering the already created once Earth? Why is God "hovering" over those waters?

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Stop! Ding has already made it perfectly clear that all of that taken from the bibles is not to be interpreted as literal.

Let's inject a little reality into the discussion.

The waters the god was hovering over had to be frozen solid at a temperature close to -273 C.

And that's the reason why Ding isn't making any attempts to interpret any of the bibles as literally the word of the god.

I commend both Ding and Meriweather for facing up to the task.

It's a perfect allegory, but what does it mean?
Here's what the 1st two chapters of Genesis tell us in an allegorical fashion:

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation

5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation.

Genesis 1

1. God created existence

5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong

If God were male, wouldn’t that imply that Goddess was hanging around somewhere?
God is male and looks like Denis Haisbert. Mrs God looks like Trish Helfer. There is documented video eveidence of this.

No he didn't and that's not the end of the story. Darwinian evolution is accepted by the Catholic church, and that rules out creation, no matter how much Christians pretend otherwise. Ding and Meriweather are really the only two Christians on this board who are still trying to make it work both ways. That's a lot more than just your statement on creatoin.
I believe there are only two genders, male and female.

Stop! Ding has already made it perfectly clear that all of that taken from the bibles is not to be interpreted as literal.

Let's inject a little reality into the discussion.

The waters the god was hovering over had to be frozen solid at a temperature close to -273 C.

And that's the reason why Ding isn't making any attempts to interpret any of the bibles as literally the word of the god.

I commend both Ding and Meriweather for facing up to the task.
You keep making conclusion for me that I never made. The reason I interpret allegorical accounts as allegorical accounts is that to me they were clearly written as allegorical accounts. It's about how information was passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before they were recorded into written texts. These accounts are incredible for a number of reasons. They should not be dismissed as fairy tales nor should they be read literally. They should be treasured. The best example of what I am saying is the account of the fall of man. What is the author trying to convey when he said, they hid when they heard God coming? What did the author intend to convey when Adam said, the woman you made gave it to me and Eve said the serpent deceived me. The answers to these questions are of profound truth an importance to every human being. These accounts are so deep it's not even funny. They are truly amazing.

1. God created existence

Good for you!

Now, can we finally accept that as allegory and rhetoric, and then get on to translating that into real terms?

1. For instance, we know that the Catholic church has accepted Darwinian evolution and so we're already going to have an issue with 'your' #1 being accepted by our world of reality.

Do we just have to leave it at that? Personally, I've always been content to allow sleeping dogs to lie.

Good for you!

Now, can we finally accept that as allegory and rhetoric, and then get on to translating that into real terms?

1. For instance, we know that the Catholic church has accepted Darwinian evolution and so we're already going to have an issue with 'your' #1 being accepted by our world of reality.

Do we just have to leave it at that? Personally, I've always been content to allow sleeping dogs to lie.
You are doing it again. It's not rhetoric. It's not rhetorical. They are profound truths.

That you need to spin things to suit your purposes is a sign of your insecurity, poor integrity and your astonishing arrogance. The only saving grace here is that people like you will continue to suffer through life and have your lessons repeatedly brought back to you because your pride won't let you be honest about yourself or the reality surrounding you. You suffer from normalization of deviance and an external locus of control.

You keep making conclusion for me that I never made. The reason I interpret allegorical accounts as allegorical accounts is that to me they were clearly written as allegorical accounts. It's about how information was passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before they were recorded into written texts.

I accept that and I've told you a dozen times.
These accounts are incredible for a number of reasons. They should not be dismissed as fairy tales nor should they be read literally.
Exactlly!
They should be treasured. The best example of what I am saying is the account of the fall of man.
This and your other questions can be answered in due course, and we can just ignore the waters being frozen to close to absolute zero on account of no light.
What is the author trying to convey when he said, they hid when they heard God coming? What did the author intend to convey when Adam said, the woman you made gave it to me and Eve said the serpent deceived me. The answers to these questions are of profound truth an importance to every human being. These accounts are so deep it's not even funny. They are truly amazing.

I agree that none of it is the least bit funny!

I don't know what he meant on men hiding when they heard the god coming? I expect that you may want to offer a literal translation of it.

But honestly and in good faith Ding, we can't just gloss over and not reconcile creation alongside Darwinian evolution.

The latter is always going to be the real world, while the former can only ever be a world of pretend.

No offense or anything but that's like saying you believe that the sky is blue. Both are proven to be scientific facts.
Of course, but there are a few here that believe we are evolving.

You are doing it again. It's not rhetoric. It's not rhetorical. They are profound truths.

That you need to spin things to suit your purposes is a sign of your insecurity, poor integrity and your astonishing arrogance. The only saving grace here is that people like you will continue to suffer through life and have your lessons repeatedly brought back to you because your pride won't let you be honest about yourself or the reality surrounding you. You suffer from normalization of deviance and an external locus of control.
There's never any real need for the Christian turning to personal attacks! Your beliefs could be causing you anger and doubt, that lead to personal attacks against others.

But allow me to turn the other cheek by allowing you to pyschoanalyze me, if that's the way you choose to reconcile the issues.

Wouldn't my external focus of control be a direct contradiction of my alleged lack of honesty about myself? Did you mean my lack of external focus of control?

Genesis 1

It could be a fifth or sixth. The geologic record reveals multiple 'ruin/restoration' events.

Last edited:

1. God created existence

What do you think "Adam's Rib" refers to?

I understand what they're saying here, but God is not gender neutral according to the woke world agenda. I am also one of those few Christians that say God is male because not only is He referred to as Father in the Bible, but Jesus Christ is and was God in the flesh and Jesus is male.

God had to be male. In those days, women were considered weak and good for nothing but having children, menial work, and giving pleasure to men. That believe is still held by many men today.

New Topics

Forum List

Back