Is carnivorism ethical?

Hey you're the one who has a problem with vitamins being added to foods and you think bologna and hot dogs are OK

And my organic rolled oats fortified with a little B 12 are nowhere near as processed as your hot dogs and a are a hell of a lot healthier choice.

2.4 micro grams of B 12 a day is all that is needed for adults. how much shit in in your hot dogs?
You are the one making the claim that some foods are "unprocessed" and that some foods are healthier than others because of the degree of processing; not I. What exactly is a non-organic food? You are the one making claims without the first iota of evidence. Personally, I suspect you are just buying into advertising designed solely to convince you to pay an unnecessary premium for your food.
And you didn't answer my question.

Overall meat is pound for pound much more nutritious than plants, as well easier to find, prepare, transport and store.
Is meat easier to store than grain? Maybe you meant that rotten wormy meat is easier to poison than dried plants? Or do you work in a troupe of incredible clowns?

Predators, as a rule, do not have a question of storing meat, they are always hungry, and if meat comes across it is immediately eaten. It was in the habitat of ancient hunters, in the European forests that cannibalism arose.

Worse than meat, nothing is stored at all, meat after 3 hours in the open air can already become poisonous. And the most acute poisoning occurs precisely from meat and eggs.

Meat can also rot in the digestive tract. Meat is more difficult to digest and longer, if it has not completely decomposed in the stomach, it rots in the intestines, poisoning the body with cadaveric poisons. It is aggravated if there is constipation or irregular bowel movements.

You are the one making the claim that some foods are "unprocessed" and that some foods are healthier than others because of the degree of processing; not I. What exactly is a non-organic food? You are the one making claims without the first iota of evidence. Personally, I suspect you are just buying into advertising designed solely to convince you to pay an unnecessary premium for your food.
And you didn't answer my question.
Don't play dumb.

You know as well as I that organic on a label means grown without chemical pesticides.

So go ahead and prove that rolled oats with a penny's worth of vitamins added is just as processed as a fucking hot dog.

FYI the ingredient list on my oats is one item

How many ingredients in a hot dog?

In my opinion, this cannot be justified by logical means, because if you can eat someone else's meat, then someone else can eat your meat, therefore nothing prevents cannibalism. If you accept the point of view of a meat-eater, then you should not be indignant that someone ate your child.
beremennost-u-korov-kak-opredelit-skolko-dlitsya-i-kak-protekaet-30.jpg
God frowns upon cannibalism. Devils want to devour people, through people. It starts with froward words, progressing to things that are worse . Don't do that. Muslims fool themselves into thinking they can. They think it is OK to eat their enemies. All are their enemies. That means this: Muslims are their own worst enemy.

Last edited:
Don't play dumb.

You know as well as I that organic on a label means grown without chemical pesticides.

So go ahead and prove that rolled oats with a penny's worth of vitamins added is just as processed as a fucking hot dog.

Don't play dumb.

or·gan·ic
/ôrˈɡanik/
The origin of the word 'organic' comes from the Greek 'Organikos', relating to the organ of a body. This word was later generalized to mean characteristics pertaining to, or derived from, living organisms. In chemistry, 'organic' refers to any molecule that contains carbon.
7j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

/ˈpräˌses,ˈprōˌses/

verb
past tense: processed; past participle: processed
  1. perform a series of mechanical or chemical operations on (something) in order to change or preserve it.

Again I submit that all foods are both organic and processed to one extent or another. And there is no reason to believe that the number of ingredients in a particular food item cause it to be any more or less healthy or processed.

or·gan·ic
/ôrˈɡanik/
The origin of the word 'organic' comes from the Greek 'Organikos', relating to the organ of a body. This word was later generalized to mean characteristics pertaining to, or derived from, living organisms. In chemistry, 'organic' refers to any molecule that contains carbon.
7j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

/ˈpräˌses,ˈprōˌses/

verb
past tense: processed; past participle: processed
  1. perform a series of mechanical or chemical operations on (something) in order to change or preserve it.

Again I submit that all foods are both organic and processed to one extent or another. And there is no reason to believe that the number of ingredients in a particular food item cause it to be any more or less healthy or processed.
Since when does advertising have anything to do with dictionary definitions? In the world of grocery retail the term organic means grown without pesticides.

And how is a banana or an apple or a head of broccoli processed? WHen foods only have one ingredient on the label they are not processed other than to be packaged.

Since when does advertising have anything to do with dictionary definitions? In the world of grocery retail the term organic means grown without pesticides.

And how is a banana or an apple or a head of broccoli processed? WHen foods only have one ingredient on the label they are not processed other than to be packaged.
Advertising began use of "organic" to apply to food and pesticides in the '60's and '70's to appeal to hippies who had decided that pesticides must be bad. Before then people knew to wash fresh produce and it posed no problem. Simple matter of fad and fashion.

A banana or apple is picked, sorted, transported, sorted again, and often cooked, canned, and combined with other ingredients to make pies cakes custards etc. then packaged, transported again, stored, transported again, sold, and transported home where it is once again stored. Each step along the way is processing that the end user rarely sees and has no control over. Apple sauce may have only one ingredient but it has still been processed.

If I kill a deer. Field dress it. Transport it. Skin it. Butcher it. Package and store it. Then cook and eat it, that venison has still been processed by me. The difference is that I have controlled every step in the process to assure high quality healthy food for myself and family.

A human being is worth more than an animal. Humans are self-aware, self-actualized, and even the least intellectually enabled human has more awareness of self and his place in the universe than non-hominid primates.
I don't agree-----I was raised on a farm...and animals are quite a bit smarter than people like to pretend. They also have a stronger sense of ethics. I've seen a lot of stupid people and a lot of intelligent other animals---animals over all have better souls than most people.

You seem to be ignoring that a good portion of scripture is dedicated to rules concerning the slaughtering and consumption of animals. There is an entire book of Talmud dedicated to just such rules.

I have no opinion on how you choose to interpret the mitzvot but, if I'm looking for advice on interpretation of the scriptures, I will consult an expert.

View attachment 546742
I h
There’s so much more to this than you seem to realize. Your Bible, the Old Testament itself says in a number of places that God didn’t like sacrifices, it wasn’t what He wanted, and it wasn’t His idea. Psalm 40:6, Hosea 6:6, for example, but there are many more. God repeatedly stated that he wants us to choose MERCY.

Again, there’s a lot to this, it’s a big topic, and not one that I want to reply to quickly so I want to get back to this when I have more time.

But for now I will say that you missed my point entirely. I was talking about God’s true and ultimate intent, God’s ideal, which is clearly stated in the beginning, in Genesis 1, and in the prophetic scriptures about the future, which is God restoring what was HIS intent in the first place.

Everything in between has to do with sin and this fallen world. I don’t know if you’re a believer or not, but Christians believe that we should aim for God‘s perfect will to be done, on earth as it is in heaven. As opposed to going along with this fallen world, especially when it’s rooted in a selfish desire.

Advertising began use of "organic" to apply to food and pesticides in the '60's and '70's to appeal to hippies who had decided that pesticides must be bad. Before then people knew to wash fresh produce and it posed no problem. Simple matter of fad and fashion.

A banana or apple is picked, sorted, transported, sorted again, and often cooked, canned, and combined with other ingredients to make pies cakes custards etc. then packaged, transported again, stored, transported again, sold, and transported home where it is once again stored. Each step along the way is processing that the end user rarely sees and has no control over. Apple sauce may have only one ingredient but it has still been processed.

If I kill a deer. Field dress it. Transport it. Skin it. Butcher it. Package and store it. Then cook and eat it, that venison has still been processed by me. The difference is that I have controlled every step in the process to assure high quality healthy food for myself and family.

Not the bananas I buy. I buy bananas not other things in which a banana is an ingredient.

And once again you play dumb.

Processed when used in terms of meat means that the product in removed from the state of being a single ingredient product.

A hot dog is not a single ingredient product it is a mash of chemicals, salt and all kinds of other added shit that doesn't naturally exist in the single ingredient meat.

So you keep playing dumb if you want to.

Not the bananas I buy. I buy bananas not other things in which a banana is an ingredient.

Processed when used in terms of meat means that the product in removed from the state of being a single ingredient product.

A hot dog is not a single ingredient product it is a mash of chemicals, salt and all kinds of other added shit that doesn't naturally exist in the single ingredient meat.

Very few-if any- people eat bananas including peel and stem. Peeling a banana is a process. You separate the ingredients that make up a banana.
Most people separate the core and stem of an apple. Also a process removing ingredients that make up an apple.
Dumb is imagining definitions and expecting everyone else to accept that definition and only that definition. I imagine writers of dictionaries spend all their time seeking your wisdom.

Bullshit. Meat is a small portion of an animal. Animals have many separate parts (ingredients). People eat steaks or chops or liver; not cows or pigs.

Very few-if any- people eat bananas including peel and stem. Peeling a banana is a process. You separate the ingredients that make up a banana.
Most people separate the core and stem of an apple. Also a process removing ingredients that make up an apple.
Dumb is imagining definitions and expecting everyone else to accept that definition and only that definition. I imagine writers of dictionaries spend all their time seeking your wisdom.
Yeah OK a peeled banana is no different than a fucking hot dog because both are processed.

You really do like the role of IDIOT don't you?

Bullshit. Meat is a small portion of an animal. Animals have many separate parts (ingredients). People eat steaks or chops or liver; not cows or pigs
Meat is nothing but the muscle tissue of an animal.

There is a huge difference between a chicken breast and a chicken Mc Nugget

Yeah OK a peeled banana is no different than a fucking hot dog because both are processed.

Nice attempt to change the subject. Nobody claimed the two foods were "the same". Your claim was that hot dogs were processed and bananas weren't while implying that unprocessed is somehow better. You have been unable to support your claims.

No. Can't really say I like you all that well.

Nice attempt to change the subject. Nobody claimed the two foods were "the same". Your claim was that hot dogs were processed and bananas weren't while implying that unprocessed is somehow better. You have been unable to support your claims.

No. Can't really say I like you all that well.
unprocessed foods ARE better.

Only a moron thinks that peeling a banana is processing it.

Foods that are in their natural state with no added ingredients have been called unprocessed for as long as I can remember.

Deny it if you want.

unprocessed foods ARE better.

Only a moron thinks that peeling a banana is processing it.

Foods that are in their natural state with no added ingredients have been called unprocessed for as long as I can remember.

Deny it if you want.
Continually you beg the question. "Better" in what respect exactly? Makes all the difference in the world.

Which just goes to show you have a very short and selective memory. What are you? A teenager? "Natural" foods are a creation of advertising as I said earlier. Anything that is food is in fact a natural food. Maybe if you eat food directly from the bush or tree it's growing on without picking it you could eat unprocessed food and you could also increase your intake of insects and natural contaminants. Animals tend to object strenuously if you attempt to eat meat without processing. Most folks prefer most of their food cooked in any case.

Forum List

Back