Catholics are not Chrstians, they believe in the false Gospel of good works?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
Catholics are not Christians. You have believed a false gospel of "good works" and are not a believer in Christ in the biblical sense.

I dont believe in good works. You mistake that what is actually taught. I believe in grace of Jesus Christ, in grace of God. Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin, without him there is no way to heaven. But Catholics believe you are not neccesarily saved once you accept Jesus or get baptised, but that is a continuous process, because the path is small and only a few will enter. Everyone knows someone who accepts Jesus but then stops being Christian, or gets mislead on a another path. And there is much in the Bible that only accepting Jesus without living a saintly life wont make you saved, Jesus compares us to the salt of the earth, once there is no salt the meal is not good, Jesus compares to the light of the sun, that we need to shine, for the rest of humanity, we believers must shine. Also the Bible says "You believe but so do the demons and they tremble, faith without good deeds is dead". But Catholics do not believe that good deeds can save you and that you cannot be saved without Jesus.

Catholics are not Christians. You have believed a false gospel of "good works" and are not a believer in Christ in the biblical sense.

I dont believe in good works. You mistake that what is actually taught. I believe in grace of Jesus Christ, in grace of God. Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin, without him there is no way to heaven. But Catholics believe you are not neccesarily saved once you accept Jesus or get baptised, but that is a continuous process, because the path is small and only a few will enter. Everyone knows someone who accepts Jesus but then stops being Christian, or gets mislead on a another path. And there is much in the Bible that only accepting Jesus without living a saintly life wont make you saved, Jesus compares us to the salt of the earth, once there is no salt the meal is not good, Jesus compares to the light of the sun, that we need to shine, for the rest of humanity, we believers must shine. Also the Bible says "You believe but so do the demons and they tremble, faith without good deeds is dead". But Catholics do not believe that good deeds can save you and that you cannot be saved without Jesus.
He became the author of eternal salvation unto all those who "obey" Him.

Let me guess, you're a Baptist...........

Mort, I am confused. Your 5th sentence and your last sentence seem to contradict each other. The other thing I am confused about is that you have been totally engrossed in the Catholic faith for a while now, so pointing out incorrect Catholic beliefs is a bit odd for you.

I dont believe in good works.
For some reason, non-Catholics like to accuse Catholics of trying to "earn" their way to heaven. What nonsense. Jesus taught The Way, a way of living that is 'eternal life' and it begins right here on earth. It has nothing to do with "earning" and everything to do with a way of walking, a way of living. The blessings of this way are also in the present, and continue in the afterlife.

It has always puzzled me that so many non-Catholic Christian denominations have such separation between this life and the after life, about believing in Jesus and following Jesus and his ways. Jesus fed the hungry, he visited people, he healed them. Why do non-Catholic Christians take a position of simply watching Jesus and get hysterical with Catholics who actually follow Jesus, emulating him, doing as he did? We are not waiting for death to have eternal life--it is ours now. This is not something we "earn" is is simply what we do.

Jesus called for action. We are not to bury what has been given to us and do nothing. Recall what he said about judgement.

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’

l And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

I dont believe in good works
That's too bad. GOD believes in good works:
"Faith, WITHOUT WORKS, is DEAD." -- God

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted." -- GOD

The Pope is a lying blasphemer. The Pope is not the Father that Philip wanted to see. The Pope is not Jesus who Thomas touched. The Pope cannot transfigure. The Pope needs a bullet proof vehicle to travel in. The Pope does not have control of when he dies. The Pope does not have healing powers. The Pope cannot multiply anything in his hands. Wound marks are not on the Pope, or any of the Priests going by the name Father. The Pope brought money, perverting the word charity in the KJV.

Corinthians 13:4-7: 4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,​

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
The Pope lies about hell, making people to torment many. Second death at the end of rev: 20, means second death, not second life. The soul that sins it shall die, means what the verse says. Demons don't want to lose what is. Demons will gather what is unto themselves had world wide free come to be, being of every buissness you may freely chose, being like of every tree, you may freely eat. Resist those demons. Don't perish with them on the last day.

Catholics are Christians, they are just another fold.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 10:16

And if the Pope is a fraud, he will pay the price for his foolishness.

As I recall from catechism many years ago, Catholics are the only Christians. The rest are sham religions and are to be avoided at all cost.
May want to read the Catechism again. ;) It says nothing of the sort, but then I went to school post Vatican II.

I was very dissapointed the day when the Catholic church agreed with Martin Luther that only the grace of god saves us - although this is true. Without the help of god nothing works. The problem: Wrong interpretations! God is always doing more than enough to help us. To try every day to do a good deed - on no special reason and without to expect any reward - is never the wrong way.

That is why Martin Luther told the Catholics to shove it where the sun don't shine.

... But Catholics do not believe that good deeds can save you ...

Theoretically. But good deeds show the spirit of god - and so ... better to do good deeds - and to believe this is able to save the own soul, what's not without plausiblity because the own good deeds transform us - even if god is punishing a good deed immediatelly how many US-Americans say. We change us with our deeds. Our deeds let us be open.

Perhaps it is good to use a word of the Dalai Lama here: Our destinty is never complete in our own hands - but it also not completely out of our own hands.

This isn't helpful, dude.

That is why Martin Luther told the Catholics to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Martin Luther was a Catholic who often took the wrong teachings. He was an aggressive man - with his words - what had been typical for a citizen and also for the nobles in his time of history - but what not had been typical for a monk. Even from Augustinus this Augustanian overtook not only the good teachings but also his big mistakes. That's perhaps why he tried to misuse Jews for his new way - but when Jews did not fulfill his expectations he raged verbally unbelievable aggressive against Jews - so even Hitler praised him in public for his antisemitism. Fortunatelly the Lutherans do not follow Luther in his stupid hateful messages any longer - where for sure never His Son did shine. Today exists no essential difference between Catholics and Lutherans any longer. We are only different by organisation and clerical problems - but not by the common spirit. We all would prefer to live in one church - one truth, one church - but we are to weak - or not intelligent enough - to reunify our church in the common truth again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back