Is Bill Maher becoming a Republican?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Poor Bill, he desperately wants to remain a democrat but is more and more bewildered by a party that is devoid of reason and logic.

The GOP is slowly dragging him into their liar kicking and screaming

It truly is a hideous and pathetic sight to behold.

Hilarious.

l don't know about that. I was thinking the same thing when Fox started to have him on and he and O'Reilly were teaming up to do live debate appearances. It never panned out. I will say that Maher is a talented comedian. It's extremely difficult to make funny comedy out of politics. I hate it when amateurs try to do it like Ramond Arroyo that appears on Laura's show twice a week. I record everything I watch and just skip past that segment.

I think Bill has been struggling with the insanity of the Left for a very long time

Bill's been at war with the illiberal left, forever.
I think Bill at least understands that no one wants to listen to a door matt owned by the DNC.

If he does, he will wind up like late night TV hosts that are such door matts that no one respects anymore.

Maher thinks being a mindless and gutless contrarian makes him cool, but it usually makes him look like a moron.

There's a problem with being a kneejerk contrarian. When one side is smart and moral -- the liberals -- then reflexively going contrarian against them will cause you to embrace immoral and stupid positions.

You know what's smart and brave? Taking the smart and moral position, regardless of what any side thinks. That's so not Maher.

Maher thinks being a mindless and gutless contrarian makes him cool, but it usually makes him look like a moron.

There's a problem with being a kneejerk contrarian. When one side is smart and moral -- the liberals -- then reflexively going contrarian against them will cause you to embrace immoral and stupid positions.

You know what's smart and brave? Taking the smart and moral position, regardless of what any side thinks. That's so not Maher.

He's very smart by taking both sides. Look how the NFL ratings went to hell when they pulled their kneeling BS. The big slap on that awards show had the second lowest ratings since the program began.

You either stay out of politics or don't side with one party only. When you take a political stance, about a third of your audience don't give a damn one way or the other. Another third agree with your position. The last third you really piss off and they are not likely to be your viewers any longer. It just makes sense to take both sides or no side at all. These are the people responsible for you getting paid after all. Don't piss any of them off.

I think Bill at least understands that no one wants to listen to a door matt owned by the DNC.

If he does, he will wind up like late night TV hosts that are such door matts that no one respects anymore.

Well there were plenty in DNC that freaked when he said the 9-11 terrorist, although terrible people, were not cowards.

More evidence that all you have to do to be considered Republican is to spew anti-black rhetoric.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC
yeah. No one should give Maher props for anything beyond controversial self-promotion. He's a comedian. And not Elaine May and Mike Nichols .... if you want ethnic humor.

I thought Mort Saul was more thoughtful on politics, but JFK death sort of ended his sense of humor.

Poor Bill, he desperately wants to remain a democrat but is more and more bewildered by a party that is devoid of reason and logic.

Hilarious.
Not at all.... if I understand your narrative - you couldn't be more wrong.
What this shows is how bad the Democrat party has gotten to, as well as the American left in general.
Maher is a liberal through and through. But he is not a lunatic leftist. And the Democrat Party has allowed the lunatic left to take over their party, so much so that a guy as left as Maher is - can no longer find a place in a party that has abandoned normal people.

Do you think they were?

I think they were awful people. Flying a jet full of innocent people into a building full of innocent people was an awful thing to do. Would a coward be able to do that? The coward is the Religionist who convinced those fuckers to become human guided bombs.

Hilarious.

I doubt it, but his shame and embarrassment at what the DemoKKKrat party has become is obvious.

No as the Democrats currently control the power in Washington there is really no one else for him to go after. If the Republicans take back the Presidency in 2024 the old Bill Maher will return possibly sooner depending on the midterms.

Not at all.... if I understand your narrative - you couldn't be more wrong.
What this shows is how bad the Democrat party has gotten to, as well as the American left in general.
Maher is a liberal through and through. But he is not a lunatic leftist. And the Democrat Party has allowed the lunatic left to take over their party, so much so that a guy as left as Maher is - can no longer find a place in a party that has abandoned normal people.
Bill Maher is a quasi-libertarian professional instigator. LOL He makes millions by being against everything.

It's actually sort of cynical. Mort Saul, the Smother's Bros, Lenny Bruce ... were not tied to a single party, but they all had a defined view of society. Maher is more a terrorist. LOL

Yes, to be smart you must be a door matt for the monolithic Left

Well said.

Forum List

Back