Interesting Article

That depends on what can be considered as idols - Mary, saints, icons so on. Actually, Judaism and Islam have more strong ground in this regard now that Christianity.
I don't know what you just said here; Catholics are idolaters? I don't care; I'm not Catholic.

But I know that after man's fall from grace, the obedience/disobedience dichotomy runs throughout the Old Testament. The Israelites were constantly tempted and led astray by idols and the secret arts. That all ended when the temple fell.

In Christ, people don't worship idols; they worship God.
Not only the Catholics. The Orthodox churches too.

What ended? All the Jews now are abiding by God's commandment? Something tells me that is not the case.
It is impossible for all Jews to abide by God's commandments because, for example, I am not a Kohain, I don't live in Israel and there's no King or Temple.
Women are exempt from positive commandments.
And more.
That was not exactly the point I was answering to. But okay.

Do you think animal sacrifices should be restored when the Temple is rebuilt?
Let me ask you a question...
Will you still eat meat when God reveals Himself?
By the way, the word Korbahn does not mean Sacrifice, it means to Be Close To.

When someone buys an animal in the Temple, it takes a few hundred people to eat it.
The Temple is a restaurant that brings together people from different backgrounds to enjoy a meal together and allows each person to appreciate others.
Yes, it seems I will. Though, some people think that humankind will return to vegetarianism as it was (presumably) before Noah.

Well, I understand the importance of such 'communion'. But it can be reached by other means, I think. Though, I would understand if the Temple was rebuilt as a center of religious study and education. But it wouldn't be a 'temple' in a strict sense of the word.
Prayer services were, and will be, held at the Temple.
Prayers are also okay. It is sacrifices that seem a little bit outdated.

That depends on what can be considered as idols - Mary, saints, icons so on. Actually, Judaism and Islam have more strong ground in this regard now that Christianity.
I don't know what you just said here; Catholics are idolaters? I don't care; I'm not Catholic.

But I know that after man's fall from grace, the obedience/disobedience dichotomy runs throughout the Old Testament. The Israelites were constantly tempted and led astray by idols and the secret arts. That all ended when the temple fell.

What ended? All the Jews now are abiding by God's commandment? Something tells me that is not the case.
It is impossible for all Jews to abide by God's commandments because, for example, I am not a Kohain, I don't live in Israel and there's no King or Temple.
And more.

When someone buys an animal in the Temple, it takes a few hundred people to eat it.
The Temple is a restaurant that brings together people from different backgrounds to enjoy a meal together and allows each person to appreciate others.
Yes, it seems I will. Though, some people think that humankind will return to vegetarianism as it was (presumably) before Noah.

Well, I understand the importance of such 'communion'. But it can be reached by other means, I think. Though, I would understand if the Temple was rebuilt as a center of religious study and education. But it wouldn't be a 'temple' in a strict sense of the word.
I already explained that there's no such word as sacrifice.
The obligation to Come Close To God's House is to see His Glory as it is manifested in the physical world and to meet other people and share a meal with them.

I do understand how you feel if you are a couch potato.

19) The Messiah would be a willing sacrifice
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Genesis 22:1-18

New Testament citations: John 3:16, Hebrews 11:17-19

TNHarley

19) The Messiah would be a willing sacrifice
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Genesis 22:1-18

New Testament citations: John 3:16, Hebrews 11:17-19

TNHarley
God asked Avraham to offer up Yitzchak, God did not ask Yitzchak to offer up himself.
The result of God allowing the angel to stop Avraham was to spread the message that human sacrifice was not acceptable.

And more.

The obligation to Come Close To God's House is to see His Glory as it is manifested in the physical world and to meet other people and share a meal with them.

Okay, maybe I need to think about this obligation from another perspective.

Coach potato? What does it have to do with that?

And more.

Like yourself, I currently have no intrinsic interest in packing up my bags 3 times a year to visit the Temple.
On the other hand, when the Temple stood, there was an energy in the air that is no longer extant.

And more.

Like yourself, I currently have no intrinsic interest in packing up my bags 3 times a year to visit the Temple.
On the other hand, when the Temple stood, there was an energy in the air that is no longer extant.
I see. But my objections were not because of a practical side, but more about the ideology of this 'ritual'. Unless I am mistaken, Rambam himself considered it to be temporary, as some transitional point.

Also much depends on how this will be organized. I mean preparing and killing the animals. I have seen some photos of Kaparot. Quite appalling view, I should admit.

And more.

I see. But my objections were not because of a practical side, but more about the ideology of this 'ritual'. Unless I am mistaken, Rambam himself considered it to be temporary, as some transitional point.

Also much depends on how this will be organized. I mean preparing and killing the animals. I have seen some photos of Kaparot. Quite appalling view, I should admit.
Kaparot is disgusting because of how they lock up the chickens for days on end.
Most of the major Rabbis have been condemning this practice for years.

There is definitely a discussion of whether or not the Commandments will apply when God's existence becomes overt.
It will be interesting to observe how we behave when God is everywhere watching us.

And more.

There is definitely a discussion of whether or not the Commandments will apply when God's existence becomes overt.
It will be interesting to observe how we behave when God is everywhere watching us.
What do you mean by 'overt'? And I think that God is everywhere 'watching' us anytime we do something, including in this very minute.

You dont consider God to be like a bearded man sitting on a throne somewhere in the space, right?

And more.

What do you mean by 'overt'? And I think that God is everywhere 'watching' us anytime we do something, including in this very minute.

You dont consider God to be like a bearded man sitting on a throne somewhere in the space, right?
Overt

We
know God is everywhere; when the Temple stood, you felt the presence of God.
There was idolatry but no atheists.
There is, by the way, a very slippery slope between believing in God and Idolatry,

Its hard to argue with scripture. Buuuuuuuuut Christians do.
Yes, they sure do. They try so desperately to make the New Testament jibe with the Old (which it does, to be sure, but not as an addendum).

One can think of Jesus's ministry as a return to 'original intent' of the written Torah, before the Babylonian Scam backed by Cyrus rewrote the original Hebrew theology to suit themselves and line their pockets.
I'm not sure I would call Torah the original intent. Torah came long after the original creation, and was just written code that did not change the heart of man. For Christians, codification is unnecessary, as we read in Galatians Chapter 5 (and in Romans), because in the heart of the believer resides the Holy Spirit and the fulfillment of the Law.

The written Torah is the books of Moses; Jesus entire ministry was based on the Torah, so yes, it's critical to Christianity as well. When Jesus is criticizing the Pharisees it is over their obsession with 'The Law' over the meaning of the spirit and intent; the Pharisees and rabbinical Judaism obsess over the Mishnahs and Talmud, the 'Oral Torah', a fabrication that began with the Babylonians return and culminated in the invention of rabbinical Judaism some 100 years or so after the events in the Gospels; Christianity is older than rabbinical Judaism.
Well, Torah is not for me; I'm not of the house of Israel. Who is, right? It was Israel's law; only Israel was subject to it. And even if I were of that house, I wouldn't be now; that law burned up in the fire.

Are you subject to Torah? Do you sacrifice animals and stone women to death? Or can you find some Levites who will do that for you?

The scribes and Pharisees abided their law, as Jesus knew they would until its demise (Mt 5:18). Therefore abiding that law was the least his apostles should do as well, for they were more righteous than the scribes and Pharisees. The apostles abided it until the end.

Gentiles aren't required to follow Jewish laws, and the Temple was destroyed. Whether or not you like the Torah, it is part of Christian theology and much of Jesus's teachings derive from it. The Talmud rubbish is a different story; Jews aren't required to follow the Oral Torah either.; it's a fabrication, despite all the rhetoric to the contrary. The only Torah is the one of Moses, and it is complete as written, as he also stated clearly.
Gentiles are required to follow Noachide laws.

But not the tortured Mishnahs and Talmudic craziness, and they are also to keep the spirit of the law foremost in their minds. There is a difference between obedience with grace and neurotic obsessions with obscure details and exegeses.

Where was the 'interesting' part? All I saw was a bunch of half-assed false claims that were all thoroughly rebutted by the 11th Century, and most long before that, around 40 A.D. Not as hilarious as the '6,000 Errors' nobody can list or prove they exist at all but insist Xians have to splain them to tards who never read any of the bible books.
If you study Tanach, the New Testament is chock full of errors.

If you believe what the 2nd Century Pharisees fabricated as 'Judaism', you wouldn't know that for a fact, and would reject the post-exilic rubbish and return to the Torah of Moses. You would also laugh at the silly attempts to turn Hebrews into a cult obsessed with 'racial purity' laws and other nonsense begun in Ezra's days. That is the path that led to the factions of the Christian era and doomed that fake Temple scam.

If you believe what the 2nd Century Pharisees fabricated as 'Judaism', you wouldn't know that for a fact, and would reject the post-exilic rubbish and return to the Torah of Moses
What does it mean on practice? Okay, let's assume that some supreme religious body of Judaism decides to get rid of 'post-exilic rubbish' and return to Moses' Torah. What should the first steps be?

Just read the whole thread to this point. There seems to be some intelligent people posting on this subject. A lot of knowledge by some is evident.
I have read the KJV cover to cover a half dozen times and the NIV once. I liked what I heard a fellow I go to Church with call the NIV. A nearly inspired version of the scripture.
I consider both the OT and NT to be a history of the order of Melchezidic. The Alpha and Omega. Adam was the first priest of this order. The story of the last priest in this order (i.e. Omega) is told in the story of the two witnesses found in the 11th chapter of the Book of the Revelation. One of these witnesses will be a son of David and the other will be a son of Aaron.
There are two God ordained priesthoods in scripture, not one.

If you believe what the 2nd Century Pharisees fabricated as 'Judaism', you wouldn't know that for a fact, and would reject the post-exilic rubbish and return to the Torah of Moses
What does it mean on practice? Okay, let's assume that some supreme religious body of Judaism decides to get rid of 'post-exilic rubbish' and return to Moses' Torah. What should the first steps be?

Read the Pentateuch and find out for yourself. It's all in writing, and complete, no need to fabricate an alleged' secret Torah' just for Babylonian cultists. What passes for modern 'Orthodox' and ultra-Orthodox 'Judaism' is a 2nd Century A.D. cult invented after the Temple scam was finally destroyed in the revolts.

Last edited:

Read the Pentateuch and find out for yourself. It's all in writing, and complete, no need to fabricate an alleged' secret Torah' just for Babylonian cultists. What passes for modern 'Orthodox' and ultra-Orthodox 'Judaism' is a 2nd Century A.D. cult invented after the Temple scam was finally destroyed in the revolts.
Let’s put it this way...
Whatever was “Torah Judaism”, in it’s most lenient form prior to Ezra, failed, because almost 100% of Jews assimilated.
Ezra and his court made decisions on how to apply Rabbinical logic and the Jews are still here today.
On the other hand, Rabbinical Jews have never burned anyone at the cross for disagreeing with their decisions.

20) The Messiah would be the Passover lamb
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Exodus 12:1-51

New Testament citations: John 1:29, John 1:36, John 19:33, John 19:36, 1 Corinthians 5:7-8, 1 Peter 1:19

TNHarley

Of course I have read the Pentateuch, but I am far from an expert in it, of course. Your kind of answer is like referring to Google instead of providing direct links to support the claims. Are you incapable to answer these simple questions?

Just read the whole thread to this point. There seems to be some intelligent people posting on this subject. A lot of knowledge by some is evident.
I have read the KJV cover to cover a half dozen times and the NIV once. I liked what I heard a fellow I go to Church with call the NIV. A nearly inspired version of the scripture.
I consider both the OT and NT to be a history of the order of Melchezidic. The Alpha and Omega. Adam was the first priest of this order. The story of the last priest in this order (i.e. Omega) is told in the story of the two witnesses found in the 11th chapter of the Book of the Revelation. One of these witnesses will be a son of David and the other will be a son of Aaron.
There are two God ordained priesthoods in scripture, not one.
Adam wasn't a Melchizedekian priest; Melchizedek didn't appear until Abraham (Gn 14:18).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back