I Think About the Day I Give an Accounting of My Gift of Life a Lot

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
I understand what this person is saying. Fortunately, God knows NONE of us measure up to what He says we could have been in this life

Do you think you're the person God intended you to be, or have you hidden your talents?

Romans 3:23-26

New International Version

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[a] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

And then there is the promise of the Lake of Fire for the person who buries his talent:

“For it will be like a man going on a journey (Jesus going to heaven), who called his servants and entrusted to them his property.

To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability.

Then he went away.

He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more.

So also he who had the two talents made two talents more.

But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money.

Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.

And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’

But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.

So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth

I understand what this person is saying. Fortunately, God knows NONE of us measure up to what He says we could have been in this life

The guy in the video is an idiot or doesn't understand at all. The ultimate person you were meant to be in this life is not just a better version of you (separate ego identity), you are always meant to be your highest self whether you ever reach that in this life or not. We are born into this world separate from God because we stopped loving him and this life is meant to give us a chance of finding our way back to Him~~~ your highest self is God, because we are all part and parcel of Him. And that is your highest self, realizing that you always were, always will be, and are a part of everything; both the original cause and the ultimate goal. The ancient Vedic scientists called this identity the Paramatman.

Do you think you're the person God intended you to be, or have you hidden your talents?

View attachment 541637
I don't worry about it at all. As if I could give a more accurate account of my positives and bastardry than God already knows. Hence why worry about an "accounting"; I'm cooked no matter what I do to cover my failings and failures.

Am I sorry for my sins? Of course etc etc etc, but why would I want to try and sugar coat me when I know God can't be fooled. I'm with the "Lord, have mercy on me a sinner" mob.

Better to just admit being a sinner and rely on God's mercy. He also knows how hard we try to be good (or not) better than we do.

To HIM I leave all that sort of stuff.

Greg

And then there is the promise of the Lake of Fire for the person who buries his talent:

“For it will be like a man going on a journey (Jesus going to heaven), who called his servants and entrusted to them his property.

To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability.

Then he went away.

He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more.

So also he who had the two talents made two talents more.

But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money.

Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.

And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’

But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.

So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
"And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness." You saying you aren't "worthless" like the rest of us Humans???

I hope you'll at least give the poor bastard a torch.

Greg

"And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness." You saying you aren't "worthless" like the rest of us Humans???

I hope you'll at least give the poor bastard a torch.

Greg
Are you capable of reading with understanding? I'm not seeing evidence, but I think you're too blinded by hate to even participate in Christian discussions

Better to just admit being a sinner and rely on God's mercy. He also knows how hard we try to be good (or not) better than we do.

To HIM I leave all that sort of stuff.
You have no understanding of Christianity so I put you on ignore to avoid disputes with fools

A balanced perspective is always helpful. We need to balance this parable with the parable of the prodigal son and Jesus' own words that we are the salt of the earth. And to always remember the greatest commandments: To love God above all else and our fellowman as we love ourselves.

A balanced perspective is always helpful. We need to balance this parable with the parable of the prodigal son and Jesus' own words that we are the salt of the earth. And to always remember the greatest commandments: To love God above all else and our fellowman as we love ourselves.
EVERYTHING depends on attitude. If you read the parable, the whole attitude of the man given a single talent was different.

But I like the focus of the OP, and the idea that God sees who you COULD be, and we have this life to become that person.

There are a few people I know that I can hear God say, "this is My beloved son/daughter, in whom I am well pleased." We should all strive daily to hear those words when it is time to face our Father

I don’t think I’m there yet. But one thing’s for sure...I’m a long way from where I was! One of the best things about being a born again Christian is that you gradually grow and mature spiritually, and sometimes that takes years, but you definitely see the growth and transformation when you look back to where you started.:)

As for using my talents, I’ve pretty much devoted my life to using my talents and skills for God‘s purposes. To me, to use them for any other reason would be a waste of time.

I don’t think I’m there yet. But one thing’s for sure...I’m a long way from where I was! One of the best things about being a born again Christian is that you gradually grow and mature spiritually, and sometimes that takes years, but you definitely see the growth and transformation when you look back to where you started.:)

As for using my talents, I’ve pretty much devoted my life to using my talents and skills for God‘s purposes. To me, to use them for any other reason would be a waste of time.
I know you do. God does too, and He "appreciates your service"

Forum List

Back