Zone1 the Scripture I said I would find about Torment of the damned being FOREVER

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
This is Revelation 14:9

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice: If any man shall adore the beast and his image and receive his character in his forehead or in his hand, 10He also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mingled with pure wine in the cup of his wrath: and shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb. 11And the smoke of their torments, shall ascend up for ever and ever: neither have they rest day nor night, who have adored the beast and his image and whoever receiveth the character of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints, who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Also, RE works / salvation issue

13And I heard a voice from Heaven, saying to me: Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord. From henceforth now, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours. For their works follow them.

Last edited:
If any man shall adore the beast and his image and receive his character in his forehead or in his hand, 10He also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mingled with pure wine in the cup of his wrath: and shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb.
Each different Christian sect criticizes the others and accuses each other of receiving the beast in his/her head. A lot more tolerance is needed.

Oh, I thought there was a response but it's just one of the Ignored ones...

I'll mosey right along....

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice: If any man shall adore the beast and his image and receive his character in his forehead or in his hand, 10He also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mingled with pure wine in the cup of his wrath: and shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb. 11And the smoke of their torments, shall ascend up for ever and ever: neither have they rest day nor night, who have adored the beast and his image and whoever receiveth the character of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints, who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

13And I heard a voice from Heaven, saying to me: Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord. From henceforth now, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours. For their works follow them.
Good scripture verse. Hell is eternal and heaven is eternal. Which ever one a person choses to go to they will remain there forever.

There is no forgiveness for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Which is any and all rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. God does not send anyone to hell. Each adult sends themselves to either heaven eternally (forever) or to hell eternally (forever). Even if one remains ignorant of the Word of God... God has said the people perish for lack of knowledge. God cannot go against His word. He speaks it and it is.

Each different Christian sect criticizes the others and accuses each other of receiving the beast in his/her head. A lot more tolerance is needed.
There is no such thing as tolerance of sins, a sinful culture, nor of a sinful nation any where in the Holy Bible. God hates sin. Process that.

In a secular society the people love sin. To try to force it on others (like they tried to force the covid vaccine on others) they will "ALWAYS" use a bully tactic. In this case they use the words tolerance and acceptance. All that is, is their way of forcing their sins on others-mainly their homosexual and lesbian sin is the ONLY sin they try to force on others. That sin is an abomination. We reject every part of it.

As believers we reject all manner of sin. We follow Jesus. Sin is rejected in the Kingdom of God, and we are to reject it on earth as it is in heaven. We must have no parts with sin.

Last edited:

Welp, you shot yourself in the foot again. And there goes your bullshit about Purgatory. Why weren't those people given the option to work on their salvation?

Their salvation was secured by Christ on the cross. He doesn't need any help. The dead in Christ are blessed and are resting, not working on their quest to be holy enough to enter Heaven.

The scripture you quoted was not about hell. It is end time scripture, describing the Lake of Fire. Hell and death end up in the Lake of Fire.
Rev. 20:14 Then Death and Hell were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
^
So, where is hell the day after the White Throne Judgment?

Last edited:
Good scripture verse. Hell is eternal and heaven is eternal. Which ever one a person choses to go to they will remain there forever.

There is no forgiveness for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Which is any and all rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. God does not send anyone to hell. Each adult sends themselves to either heaven eternally (forever) or to hell eternally (forever). Even if one remains ignorant of the Word of God... God has said the people perish for lack of knowledge. God cannot go against His word. He speaks it and it is.
Assuming I fully understand that last sentence...

You sound like a Catholic.

I used to fret and worry (before I returned to the Catholic faith) whether I had, in my sinning days (big sin, that is) that maybe I had committed this sin agains the HS

Then I studied Catholicism which says that the only unforgivable sin is rejecting Christ, something I NEVER did in my youth or any other time...

So that was a big relief

And it totally makes sense. If there is only ONE unforgivable sin THAT would be it

Assuming I fully understand that last sentence...

You sound like a Catholic.

I used to fret and worry (before I returned to the Catholic faith) whether I had, in my sinning days (big sin, that is) that maybe I had committed this sin agains the HS

Then I studied Catholicism which says that the only unforgivable sin is rejecting Christ, something I NEVER did in my youth or any other time...

So that was a big relief

And it totally makes sense. If there is only ONE unforgivable sin THAT would be it
No, I'm not a Catholic. I've never been a Catholic nor a Muslim. I was raised a Baptist christian; a free spirit. I was raised in the church since I was a toddler. I have done extensive in-depth Bible study for many many years. If I speak anything about the Bible what I'm saying is God's truth.

Everyone commits sins when they are young because of the sin nature we are afflicted with from birth due to Adam sinning. God in all his love, gave us a way out of that sin nature. To get to that way... Jesus says we must be born again. Many try to come to Jesus who is the way; without being born again. To be born again one must die to sin, and the heathens do not want that, but they want Jesus without being cleansed or born again. That's right, there is no forgiveness for rejecting Christ Jesus. Remember Jesus said my Father will send the Holy Spirit in my name, so if one blasphemes the Holy Spirit they are making reference to Jesus.

No, I'm not a Catholic. I've never been a Catholic nor a Muslim. I was raised a Baptist christian; a free spirit. I was raised in the church since I was a toddler. I have done extensive in-depth Bible study for many many years. If I speak anything about the Bible what I'm saying is God's truth.

Everyone commits sins when they are young because of the sin nature we are afflicted with from birth due to Adam sinning. God in all his love, gave us a way out of that sin nature. To get to that way... Jesus says we must be born again. Many try to come to Jesus who is the way; without being born again. To be born again one must die to sin, and the heathens do not want that, but they want Jesus without being cleansed or born again. That's right, there is no forgiveness for rejecting Christ Jesus. Remember Jesus said my Father will send the Holy Spirit in my name, so if one blasphemes the Holy Spirit they are making reference to Jesus.
well, I agree with all but the last sentence which I cannot claim to fully understand..

well, I agree with all but the last sentence which I cannot claim to fully understand..
John 14:26 But the (Advocate), Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

***The Advocate, the Comforter, the Holy Ghost and Jesus Christ are the same. (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby) Hopefully that helps.

Good scripture verse. Hell is eternal and heaven is eternal. Which ever one a person choses to go to they will remain there forever
Hell is a temporary holding place for those reserved for the White Throne Judgement:
2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

What happens on Judgement day:
Revelation 20:13-14 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hell gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

That leaves Hell empty. Here is what happens to hell once it is no longer necessary:
Then death and Hell were thrown into the lake of fire.

Where is Hell the day after the White Throne Judgment???

Good discussion. Very interesting.
I still find it amazing that when Moses wrote Genesis about 3,500 years ago that it would still be relevant today.
(Deuteronomy not so much.)
We may be in purgatory and reincarnate until we are pure enough to graduate. Who knows?
My wife was a hospice nurse, her advice is, if you want to learn about God, sit with the dying.

Hell is a temporary holding place for those reserved for the White Throne Judgement:
2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

What happens on Judgement day:
Revelation 20:13-14 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hell gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

That leaves Hell empty. Here is what happens to hell once it is no longer necessary:
Then death and Hell were thrown into the lake of fire.

Where is Hell the day after the White Throne Judgment???
One goes to hell after they die... the White Throne Judgment just sends them to the Lake of Fire. Once they go down they never ever come up any where near heaven.

Read what you posted. You answered your own question. You answered it, then you asked it.

Last edited:
When someone dies and they are NOT saved, they go directly to hell. This is scripture. This excludes all children and babies who automatically go to heaven. Those of us who are of age, this applies to us.

Jesus gives a story in Luke 16 that talks about what happens when you die. Which explains that death is not a period. Death is a conjunction. Death merely transitions you to eternity. There is no purgatory, there is no in-between life, there is no soul sleep; none of that is in the Bible. These have been conjured up by men in order to dull the reality of death. The moment you die; it’s at that same moment that you enter hell or heaven.

The story is given in this passage of the rich man and Lazerus, and Lazerus is a poor man in verse 20 covered with sores, had nothing that this earthly life could offer, and he died. In verse 22 says he is carried away by angels in Abraham’s bosom to paradise or heaven. We find out that the rich died and was buried. Then we discover in verse 23 that he lifts up his eyes being in torment.

Luke 16:20
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Last edited:
Where is Hell the day after the White Throne Judgment?
First I will give you your very own answer you post this:
"Then death and Hell were thrown into the lake of fire."
You answered your own question.

According to the scriptures...
In Revelation 20:14 "Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire."

It's hell maximized. The people will be burning but they will not burn up. We all get a new body that is equipped to handle our new destinations. A new body for heaven is different than the new body people get who go to hell. Those who go to hell and the lake of fire will burn but they will not get any relief from burning by burning up. They will suffer torment. You have good questions. Keep asking them. I try to offer more information only if people ask.

The punishment is forever, but that doesn't imply that YHWH keeps his creatures alive in a state of eternal torment it implies that the result of death is eternal non-existence. The evil, corrupt being is forever forgotten in the mind of YHWH and, hence ceases to exist, never to live again.

The punishment is forever, but that doesn't imply that YHWH keeps his creatures alive in a state of eternal torment it implies that the result of death is eternal non-existence. The evil, corrupt being is forever forgotten in the mind of YHWH and, hence ceases to exist, never to live again.
Yes, God does indeed keep those who go to hell and the lake of fire in a state of eternal torment. Understand that they made that choice. They chose that. They had another option to go to heaven, but they rejected that option. Likewise those who make it to heaven remain in a state of eternal bliss.

Those who make it to hell and later on to the lake of fire they will exist always in that location(s) Bible says God is with us always even if we make our bed in hell. God never forgets who anyone is. The choice you make is the choice you get. Read what I posted earlier about Lazarus. God is talking to the rich man while he is in hell -not forgetting who he is, but actually talking to him.

Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Last edited:
Yes, God does indeed keep those who go to hell and the lake of fire in a state of eternal torment. Understand that they made that choice. They chose that. They had another option to go to heaven, but they rejected that option. Likewise those who make it to heaven remain in a state of eternal bliss.
That's a pagan belief, that has nothing to do with the faith of Israel or YHWH. Our heavenly Father doesn't torture anyone eternally, especially for the reason Christians claim, namely, not converting to the right brand of Christianity. Christianity is a pagan religion, it's actually the worst type of idolatry. The most demonic in the world, even more so than Hinduism. You're better off as a Hindu than a Christian, before YHWH's heavenly council.

That's a pagan belief, that has nothing to do with the faith of Israel or YHWH. Our heavenly Father doesn't torture anyone eternally, especially for the reason Christians claim, namely, not converting to the right brand of Christianity. Christianity is a pagan religion, it's actually the worst type of idolatry. The most demonic in the world, even more so than Hinduism. You're better off as a Hindu than a Christian, before YHWH's heavenly council.
It's not that Christians claim this. The Holy Bible Word of God says it. I love being a Christian. I think it's best to let people chose which ever religion they want to be apart of.

Forum List

Back