I am a White Man

Colin Kaepernik kneeled. A dignified, non-violent way of expressing what these protests are now forced to in a much louder way.

Colin also referred to cops as pigs. He showed no respect for cops and law enforcement.

Colin didn't do it to send a message, he did it to (as my dad puts it) cover his ass.

He exploited a message, he did not send one. That, ma'am, is not dignified. That is selfish.

When kneeling in submission stops the unjust killings of black people by corrupt cops, please let me know.

I am a white man.

I have compassion, and I am upset with what happened to George Floyd.

Will I apologize for being white? Never. Will I hate you because you're black? Never.

But I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors, nor will I apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors.

I will never kneel down and bend the knee to anyone but the Lord Almighty.

Beware, those of you fighting for racial justice, lest you become that which you hate most. Racist.
You do not understand what this is about.

I think the message here is don’t blindly demonize because of skin color. And I suspect TK is outraged at unjust deaths too. Jmo
That's not what they (the protesters) are doing by and large.

It is what the tRumplings here are doing.

He's beating the wrong horse.
I agree it is not what the protesters are doing. But hear what he has to say.
I heard what he said. I has no real bearing on anything because nobody is doing that to him. It's his crowd doing it to other folks.

So, who is making YOU kneel, then?
Nobody.

Why would you think they are?

"It's his crowd doing it [making others kneel] to other folks".

Prove the assertion.
Not "making others kneel". Judging them by their skin color.

Nobody made anyone kneel.

Colin Kaepernik kneeled. A dignified, non-violent way of expressing what these protests are now forced to in a much louder way.

Colin also referred to cops as pigs. He showed no respect for cops and law enforcement.

Colin didn't do it to send a message, he did it to (as my dad puts it) cover his ass.

He exploited a message, he did not send one. That, ma'am, is not dignified. That is selfish.

When kneeling in submission stops the unjust killings of black people by corrupt cops, please let me know.

I do not agree with your assessment. As a person, of a group (young black male) interactions with police have likely been negative. In fact HISTORICALLY so...he has a right to refer to them as he wishes. He chose a non-violent and still respectful (to our country) means of showing solidarity and support for this cause. And he was, and is, vilified.

If a peaceful approach is vilified...then why are we shocked when some turn to violence? Again...food for thought.

Total of about 38 posts deleted by 2 mods.. About 6 warnings issued.. Three bans of various length..

Thread is a GREAT example of folks getting all personal with no content, family attack, bestiality accusation and some REALLY BAD baiting and trolling,... Thread will re-open.. But if you're NOT EXACTLY on topic from here on out -- it's a warning.. If you've ALREADY gotten a warning in this thread -- it's a 2 week ban...

If white people are inherently racist, why do you see thousands of them protesting alongside their counterparts the wrongful death of George Floyd?
Who said white people are inherently racist? What has been accurately stated though is that the United States of America was founded on the false premise of white supremacy and that the term white privilege refers to all of the benefits and immunities that whites have acquired as a result of having been born into the white race versus being born into the black race, in a nutshell.

If white people are inherently racist, why do you see thousands of them protesting alongside their counterparts the wrongful death of George Floyd?
Who said white people are inherently racist? What has been accurately stated though is that the United States of America was founded on the false premise of white supremacy and that the term white privilege refers to all of the benefits and immunities that whites have acquired as a result of having been born into the white race versus being born into the black race, in a nutshell.
I really should have expanded upon this more. The origins of our country and the benefits that whites obtained by virtue of their race were not God given as they claimed. This system where whites were put in a position of authority over people of African descent occurred because white racist created laws that support their white supremacist beliefs and then enforced those laws with racist government polices, court rulings and law enforcement personnel whose main purpose was to regulate and impose the will of the white supremacist society on black people. Freedman or slave it mattered not.

Black people are not treated the way we are, simply because of the "color" of our skin. We are treated the way we are because the people who founded this country genuinely believed that we are an inferior race in every way and for whatever reason set off on a path of hatred that is still evident centuries laters.

This is not an indictment, this is actual documented history that anyone who is so inclined can research for themselves. This is United States of America history.

I am a white man.

Will I apologize for being white? Never. Will I hate you because you're black? Never.

But I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors, nor will I apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors. I will not apologize for who I am.

Beware, those of you fighting for racial justice, lest you become that which you hate most. Racist.

Many African Americans, Asian Americans, Caucasian Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans applaud the progress in this world made by your ancestors.

That is why millions and millions of people throughout the world dream of emigrating to the United States or Canada or Europe or Australia.

I am a white man.

But I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors, nor will I apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors.

You do not understand what this is about.

I think the message here is don’t blindly demonize because of skin color. And I suspect TK is outraged at unjust deaths too. Jmo
That's not what they (the protesters) are doing by and large.

It is what the tRumplings here are doing.

He's beating the wrong horse.
Which freaking cities are we burning to the ground...........that is a DNC trait.......along with paying protesters to cause violence.......or Antifa who are FASCIST PRICKS..........who in their charter say they want VIOLENCE..............and your side tries to portray them as something good a lot........

When BLM can protest without burning and looting get back to me..............they have lost all respect as they DESERVE NONE.
Yesterday and today. They're protesting without burning and looting. Except NYC. You know NYC.
Were they tired and needed a day off...........Looting must be very draining physically............poor things.......

Which part of the police officer is IN JAIL....and is being tried do they not understand........had they been Peaceful and not burned........they would have had support NATIONWIDE.....We all saw that the Police Officer killed the man..................we were all WTF ................

They screwed that up by LOOTING and BURNING businesses that had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

As a person, of a group (young black male) interactions with police have likely been negative.

Maybe. But we are seemingly assuming they are all negative.

so...he has a right to refer to them as he wishes.

No, he does not. When he was in the NFL playing football games, he had police and armed security protecting the stadiums he played in, only to refer to them as pigs. He does not know how to balance gratefulness with grief.

He chose a non-violent and still respectful (to our country) means of showing solidarity and support for this cause.

As I just got finished telling you:

And I refuse to accept the idea that he was just protesting rogue cops either. If he was, don't you think he would be more specific in his scrutiny?

If a peaceful approach is vilified...then why are we shocked when some turn to violence? Again...food for thought.

Violence should never be justifiable, unless it is an absolute last resort. The African American population has plenty of resort when it comes to dealing with law enforcement. They choose not to take it. Both sides can reach out, granted, but when one side reaches out and the other doesn't, how do you expect relations to improve?

Forum List

Back