I am a White Man

I am a white man.

I have compassion, and I am upset with what happened to George Floyd.

Will I apologize for being white? Never. Will I hate you because you're black? Never.

But I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors, nor will I apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors. I will not apologize for who I am.

I will never kneel down and bend the knee to anyone but the Lord Almighty.

Beware, those of you fighting for racial justice, lest you become that which you hate most. Racist.
You will be held to account for exhibiting the same denials and excuses used by your ancestors. You will be blamed for exhibiting the same racism as your ancestors. I am referring to YOU, the individual. You don't become racist fighting for racial justice. Your ancestors tried that gaslighting technique too.

You can judge all you want but let be clear you are as bigoted and close minded as those you write about daily and no I am not calling the Op'er a bigot but those that the poster write about in his threads he acts more like than anyone with a open mind willing to listen and discuss.

All you want to do is Mark all Whites and treat them in a way that would make Martin Luther King jr. look down at you!

he acts more like than anyone with a open mind willing to listen and discuss.
"He" is the OP, right? I don't feel like he came to this with an open mind at all. Despite his protestations, he still views black people's demands for equality as some sort of threat he must fight. He thinks by trying as best I can to understand their demands that I have somehow "submitted," "apologized for my ancestors," "bent my knee." Understanding means seeing both sides. THEN you decide which side you agree with. OP has not tried to listen or understand that side at all. All the discussion he has offered is "You're wrong."

I can understand if someone has a specific article or speech or argument they take exception to. Post up those words and have at it, specifically. But this has been a thread of nothing but generalities saying the black people's protests are all wet, that he was poor so there is no difference.

They are sick of the racism, of the unequal treatment they can't escape because they are stuck with the skin they were born in.

Sure, let's add your justification of the violence to the list. Martin Luther King understood the pain, but he never endorsed the violence. NEVER.
I am NOT justifying the violence. Where did I say it is? I wish there was a Martin Luther King around, a leader who actually could pull the people together and insist they not shit their own bed with riots that will only make their path harder. Seeing where the violence comes from is not justifying it. It is simply seeing where it comes from.

New Topics

Forum List

Back