I am a White Man

I am a white man.

I have compassion, and I am upset with what happened to George Floyd.

Will I apologize for being white? Never. Will I hate you because you're black? Never.

But I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors, nor will I apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors.

I will never kneel down and bend the knee to anyone but the Lord Almighty.

Beware, those of you fighting for racial justice, lest you become that which you hate most. Racist.
You do not understand what this is about.

I think the message here is don’t blindly demonize because of skin color. And I suspect TK is outraged at unjust deaths too. Jmo
That's not what they (the protesters) are doing by and large.

It is what the tRumplings here are doing.

He's beating the wrong horse.
Which freaking cities are we burning to the ground...........that is a DNC trait.......along with paying protesters to cause violence.......or Antifa who are FASCIST PRICKS..........who in their charter say they want VIOLENCE..............and your side tries to portray them as something good a lot........

When BLM can protest without burning and looting get back to me..............they have lost all respect as they DESERVE NONE.
No. It isn’t a DNC trait.

Only morons feel the need to make it about political parties.
Baloney.......your side plays the Race Card EVERY SINGLE ELECTION.........Don't DENY what your party has done forever..............Looking for Chaos to push the Division in this country...........then downplay it when our Country burns for it..........Then PLAY THE OTHER SIDE is responsible.........or the HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR NARRATIVE.

When they burned and looted they destroyed the very cause they were supposed to be protesting.........They BECAME CRIMINALS............

The Police officer will be tried............that is how it's supposed to work......Not burning the towns down.

I'm just a man. I am just a man who truly believes that all people are equally deserving of respect. We all live on the same earth, breathe the same air, and we all live for a short time.

Not one second of that time need be wasted on hate, fear or anger. I take no pride in my skin color as I had nothing to do with it. I do not revere my ancestors because I didn't know them. I rather take pride in the fact that I greet each day that I open my eyes from sleep with gratitude that I am alive.

As a person, of a group (young black male) interactions with police have likely been negative.

Maybe. But we are seemingly assuming they are all negative.

so...he has a right to refer to them as he wishes.

No, he does not. When he was in the NFL playing football games, he had police and armed security protecting the stadiums he played in, only to refer to them as pigs. He does not know how to balance gratefulness with grief.

He chose a non-violent and still respectful (to our country) means of showing solidarity and support for this cause.

As I just got finished telling you:

And I refuse to accept the idea that he was just protesting rogue cops either. If he was, don't you think he would be more specific in his scrutiny?

If a peaceful approach is vilified...then why are we shocked when some turn to violence? Again...food for thought.

Violence should never be justifiable, unless it is an absolute last resort. The African American population has plenty of resort when it comes to dealing with law enforcement. They choose not to take it. Both sides can reach out, granted, but when one side reaches out and the other doesn't, how do you expect relations to improve?

1. We don’t know what his personal interactions with police were, but we do know what his community’s interactions have been like. And even if not all are negative, enough are to cause concerned parents of color, to talk with their sons, about how to handle themselves if stopped by police. Parents fear for the safety of their sons. I never had a talk like that. Neither did my brother.

2. Gratefulness vs. Grief....how exactly SHOULD that be balanced? I am thinking you are referring to his police pig socks?

I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust. I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

3. How should he be more specific? Protesting bad policing, racial disparities and profiling in policing, unjust deaths, is broader than rogue cops. There is a system behind them that allows them to do what they do, protects them, and keeps them in their jobs. You can get rid of a few rogue cops but unless you tackle the system, nothing really changes.

4. You: “The African American population has plenty of resort when it comes to dealing with law enforcement. They choose not to take it. Both sides can reach out, granted, but when one side reaches out and the other doesn't, how do you expect relations to improve?”

Then why, in the years from the the police brutality of the civil rights protests, to tbe Rodney King Riots, to Freddy Grey’s unaccountable broken neck while handcuffed in the back of a police car, to today, has little seemed to have changed For African American communities whohave been victimized by bad policing? What you are asking is that a community, with generations of justified mistrust of police and authority, suddenly shed all that and “meet halfway”. It seems to me that the change needs to come from the police first with greater emphasis on community policing, training that emphasizes de-escalation and non-lethal techniques, greater transparency, civilian review boards and an end to militarizing our police.

I am a white man.

Will I apologize for being white? Never. Will I hate you because you're black? Never.

But I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors, nor will I apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors.

Beware, those of you fighting for racial justice, lest you become that which you hate most. Racist.
You do not understand what this is about.

I think the message here is don’t blindly demonize because of skin color. And I suspect TK is outraged at unjust deaths too. Jmo
That's not what they (the protesters) are doing by and large.

It is what the tRumplings here are doing.

He's beating the wrong horse.
Which freaking cities are we burning to the ground...........that is a DNC trait.......along with paying protesters to cause violence.......or Antifa who are FASCIST PRICKS..........who in their charter say they want VIOLENCE..............and your side tries to portray them as something good a lot........

When BLM can protest without burning and looting get back to me..............they have lost all respect as they DESERVE NONE.
No. It isn’t a DNC trait.

Only morons feel the need to make it about political parties.
Baloney.......your side plays the Race Card EVERY SINGLE ELECTION.........Don't DENY what your party has done forever..............Looking for Chaos to push the Division in this country...........then downplay it when our Country burns for it..........Then PLAY THE OTHER SIDE is responsible.........or the HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR NARRATIVE.

When they burned and looted they destroyed the very cause they were supposed to be protesting.........They BECAME CRIMINALS............

The Police officer will be tried............that is how it's supposed to work......Not burning the towns down.

I won’t deny that my side abuses the race card, much to my chagrin.

Secondly, despite what you keep claiming, few are justifying or supporting the violence and looting, especially those who gathered to peacefully and legitimately protest.

Third, your party is hardly blameless in sowing division, violence and promoting false racial narratives. YOU ARE NOT ANGELS.

The Police officer will be tried............that is how it's supposed to work......Not burning the towns down.”

What happens when this does not work?

What happens when it has not worked for years?

Not justifying the destruction and looting (most of the time I think that is opportunists taking advantage of chaos to enrich themselves). But happens when the system that is supposed to bring about accountability doesn't and nothing changes?

There WAS the beginnings of change under the last administration. Programs to support and train officers in community policing, voluntary agreements between the troubled police departments and DoJ. This administration cancelled them.

And I have to wonder at the inconsistencies surrounding claiming to be for law and order. Why is an armed standoff and illegal take over of federal property (belonging to all of us) applauded and rioting condemned? Seems a bit of a double standard when it is all imo to condemned.

Then why, in the years from the police brutality of the civil rights protests, to the Rodney King Riots, to Freddy Grey’s unaccountable broken neck while handcuffed in the back of a police car, to today, has little seemed to have changed For African American communities who have been victimized by bad policing?

Simple. They give in to fear and do not reach out. You want positive change? Reach out positively instead of critiquing the police's every move without suggesting any real changes.

Think about this for a moment:

Every minute we spend critiquing the police, the more hesitant the police are to police well and effectively. Also, if the police feel like they have no power or no backing from higher authorities, they won't act.

Play this situation wrong, and it will backfire on the black community far worse than any corrupt racist cop ever would.

The Police officer will be tried............that is how it's supposed to work......Not burning the towns down.”

What happens when we assume too much? There is too much convincing evidence against these men for it not to work.

It seems to me that the change needs to come from the police first with greater emphasis on community policing, training that emphasizes de-escalation and non-lethal techniques, greater transparency, civilian review boards and an end to militarizing our police.

When we have rioters burning down buildings and killing cops, you need to give the cops a good reason not to militarize themselves.

What exactly is your purpose? Why not try empathy and listening?

You missed the point entirely.

I am empathetic. I am always willing to listen, But I am not submissive. I will not submit and endure the same submission the black man endured. I will fight to make sure the black man never endures that pain ever again.

I am simply suggesting you abandon the "eye for an eye" approach.
Wait, wait. Who asked anyone to kneel?

Perhaps you should do a little research and figure out what a "metaphor" is.

How should he be more specific? Protesting bad policing, racial disparities and profiling in policing, unjust deaths, is broader than rogue cops.

Wearing socks that depict cops as pigs does not say, "for rogue cops only." For the intellectually lazy and inept, instead of drawing that conclusion, they will conclude that all cops are pigs.

That is why we have so much political division in this country, too many intellectually lazy people out there broad brushing great segments of our population. Specificity is key.

I am a white man.

But I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors I will not apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors.

What exactly is your purpose? Why not try empathy and listening? Why are you so protective of people with the same skin color as you who have perpetrated crimes of racism? How are you so connected to skin color that in a time of hurting you’d post something divisive? Who wants you to apologize for skin?
the blacks don't listen are they are the ROOT of the problems

QUOTE="citygator, post: 24808078, member: 72256"]
What exactly is your purpose? Why not try empathy and listening?

You missed the point entirely.

I am empathetic. I am always willing to listen, But I am not submissive. I will not submit and endure the same submission the black man endured. I will fight to make sure the black man never endures that pain ever again.

I am simply suggesting you abandon the "eye for an eye" approach.
Wait, wait. Who asked anyone to kneel?

Perhaps you should do a little research and figure out what a "metaphor" is.
[/QUOTE]
I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors, nor will I apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors. I will not apologize for who I am.

What is "submission?"
the action or fact of accepting or yielding to a superior force or to the will or authority of another person.

It sounds to me like you are setting up a fight here where none is meant. Yeah, I know we just had a bunch of riots, but if we're going to take this to the theoretical plane, then I can too. They are sick of the racism, of the unequal treatment they can't escape because they are stuck with the skin they were born in. It's not about a specific example, or even five. It's not about a bunch of statistics counting crimes, arrests, years of jail, unemployment. It's about the daily experience of being black in America. You and I aren't black, so we don't KNOW what that's like. We need to take their word for it. They oughta know.

Acknowledging white privilege is simply understanding that there are things we take for granted by being born white. There are additional obstacles beyond the normal ones everyone faces that makes life more difficult when you're black.. No one has ever asked me to "repent" for the sins of my ancestors (not that any of my ancestors were rich enough to own anyone, anyway), but I sure as hell can condemn slavery for what it was and say that it was an abomination without feeling I've "submitted" somehow.

The legal and societal institutionalization of slavery for two hundred years made it impossible to "fix" the problem by just freeing the slaves. Oppression damages the spirit, twists hearts into ugly rage. After the Civil War, those freed blacks were still victims of terrorism and crushing poverty, and forced by law to live apart from the society where they were supposedly "free." Why does anyone wonder that the black community still echoes with that trauma? That is the part it is so hard to help people understand. The rage and the rotten, defiant attitudes are the result of what white society did to them. That isn't going to get fixed with a magic law and it isn't going to get fixed with bullets, either.

So maybe you already know all this. It just seemed to me that for someone being metaphorical, you were missing the heart of the message.

Not justifying the destruction and looting (most of the time I think that is opportunists taking advantage of chaos to enrich themselves). But happens when the system that is supposed to bring about accountability doesn't and nothing changes?

There WAS the beginnings of change under the last administration. Programs to support and train officers in community policing, voluntary agreements between the troubled police departments and DoJ. This administration cancelled them.

And I have to wonder at the inconsistencies surrounding claiming to be for law and order. Why is an armed standoff and illegal take over of federal property (belonging to all of us) applauded and rioting condemned? Seems a bit of a double standard when it is all imo to condemned.
Nothing was working. You either arrest people or you don't. The fact is a lot of stuff happens in small neighborhood inner city areas. Sirens blare 24 hours a day from police, fire and EMT/Paramedic vehicles. It never ends. And the local governing body can add more and more and it still won't end. The beast is never quenched. The amount of money that goes into these areas is enormous. I understand why people can be pizzed living there. Part of the new deal is a bit of personal responsibility. But that is thrown out by the African American think tanks. Why wouldn't it be. The top of the group gets a plum living. The need for discipline is evident. It is evident for us all. We then go from there.

Well said

Secondly, despite what you keep claiming, few are justifying or supporting the violence and looting, especially those who gathered to peacefully and legitimately protest.
And yet the violence continues. And yet you know some of your politicians and the media put fuel on the fire and later cry NO FOUL.........You KNOW IT.

Third, your party is hardly blameless in sowing division, violence and promoting false racial narratives. YOU ARE NOT ANGELS.
We are not the ones burning down cities...........blocking roads........and trying to Silence the left's voice........HARDLY A COMPARISON........The Lion's share of the violence comes from your side.......and usually in cities THAT ARE BLUE.....and RUN BY DEMS........mostly........Why do you blame us for Dems who run those cities.................hmmm

I am a white man.

But I will be damned if I apologize for my lineage. I will not repent for the actions of my ancestors, nor will I apologize for the color of my skin. I will not kneel down before you and repent for the sins of my ancestors. I will not apologize for who I am.

Someone tries to make me kneel I will then intertwine my fingers and slam his balls into where he should have had a brain.

Well said

And yet the violence continues. And yet you know some of your politicians and the media put fuel on the fire and later cry NO FOUL.........You KNOW IT.

We are not the ones burning down cities...........blocking roads........and trying to Silence the left's voice........HARDLY A COMPARISON........The Lion's share of the violence comes from your side.......and usually in cities THAT ARE BLUE.....and RUN BY DEMS........mostly........Why do you blame us for Dems who run those cities.................hmmm

BS.

You do not see what your side does? It is all one sided to you?

You endlessly excuse abuses by police. Hell, even supporting murderous actions like the killing of Arbery by painting the victim as somehow deserving.

We had some real efforts at reform: programs and funding for increased community policing and education, reciprical agreements with the more troubled police departments...

who put an end to reform?

Last edited:
Well said

BS.

You do not see what your side does? It is all one sided to you?

You endlessly excuse abuses by police. Hell, even supporting murderous actions like the killing of Arbery by painting the victim as somehow deserving.

We had some real efforts at reform: programs and funding for increased community policing and education, reciprical agreements with the more troubled police departments...

who put an end to reform?
You.........lol..........I never excused the actions of the police on this one...........period......He killed Floyd.........I did Shore Patrol in the service and we were trained does and don't............putting your knee into someone's neck.............well ISN'T TRAINED AT ALL........

Your side does this and drools looking for Racial tension before elections.......you always do it.

Forum List

Back