Conflation - An arsonist/loot/assaulter is not a protester.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Don't allow leftists to conflate the two.

Protesters good... Constitutionally protected.

Civil dissenters - okay...you're going to jail...but you didn't hurt anyone or deprive them of property.

Looters, arsonist, those who physically attack others...these are CRIMINALS...not protesters.

Don't let leftist propagandists conflate the two. It's a disingenuous tactic... call it out every time you see it.

Civil dissenters - okay...you're going to jail...but you didn't hurt anyone or deprive them of property.

Looters, arsonist, those who physically attack others...these are CRIMINALS...not protesters.

Don't let leftist propagandists conflate the two. It's a disingenuous tactic... call it out every time you see it.

Read the definition and then get back to anyone interested in your lousy fucking comment.
"Dictionary
pro·test·er
/ˈprōˌtestər,prəˈtestər/

noun
noun: protestor
  1. a person who publicly demonstrates strong objection to something; a demonstrator.
    "the decision was hailed by protesters against the closure as a triumph"

Very true. The moment you start rioting, looting, destroying private property and businesses, and causing physical harm to another human being, you are NO LONGER a "protester". Thank you.

You know, I've seen several clips on the news where the protesters stopped people who were vandalizing and being idiots.

One guy was breaking up a curb with a hammer. What did the other protesters do? The subdued him and dragged him over to the police line.

I saw another one where a girl tried to stop 3 looters by standing in front of the window. They eventually threw her aside and chased her away, but she did try to stop them.

Another one was where an old black lady was trying to help a liquor store owner who was defending his shop. She and he chased the looters away, but when the police arrived, she was the one they cuffed and stuffed. Took the owner, as well as a news reporter telling the police that she had helped to stop them before they released her.

Yes. There IS a difference between a protester and a looter, and NOBODY should conflate the 2. I've been watching FOX on occasion, and all they can talk about is the looting, focusing all of their attention on the bad, and ignoring the good.

Here in Amarillo, they have had several protests and they were all peaceful. Matter of fact, when the protesters walked down 6th st, they were met by others with guns. And, while it was tense for a short, both groups ended up praying together and being friendly.

That was on the local news last night.

Read the definition and then get back to anyone interested in your lousy fucking comment.
"Dictionary
pro·test·er
/ˈprōˌtestər,prəˈtestər/

noun
  1. a person who publicly demonstrates strong objection to something; a demonstrator.
Strong objection isn't looting or burning others property. That's criminal.

Your right to protest ends where the next persons rights begin. A PROTESTER doesn't deprive his fellow citizens of their rights.

Those are criminals. Criminals are stopped and punnished.

You know, I've seen several clips on the news where the protesters stopped people who were vandalizing and being idiots.

One guy was breaking up a curb with a hammer. What did the other protesters do? The subdued him and dragged him over to the police line.

I saw another one where a girl tried to stop 3 looters by standing in front of the window. They eventually threw her aside and chased her away, but she did try to stop them.

Another one was where an old black lady was trying to help a liquor store owner who was defending his shop. She and he chased the looters away, but when the police arrived, she was the one they cuffed and stuffed. Took the owner, as well as a news reporter telling the police that she had helped to stop them before they released her.

Yes. There IS a difference between a protester and a looter, and NOBODY should conflate the 2. I've been watching FOX on occasion, and all they can talk about is the looting, focusing all of their attention on the bad, and ignoring the good.

Here in Amarillo, they have had several protests and they were all peaceful. Matter of fact, when the protesters walked down 6th st, they were met by others with guns. And, while it was tense for a short, both groups ended up praying together and being friendly.

Agreed. I saw that clip.

The good the protesters are doing is being overshadowed by the criminal elements.

"Dictionary
pro·test·er
/ˈprōˌtestər,prəˈtestər/

noun
Lying criminal lover^^

"Dictionary
pro·test·er
/ˈprōˌtestər,prəˈtestər/

noun
Strong objection isn't looting or burning others property. That's criminal.

Your right to protest ends where the next persons rights begin. A PROTESTER doesn't deprive his fellow citizens of their rights.

Those are criminals. Criminals are stopped and punnished.
By who? POTUS? The policemen that killed Floyd?

Really nice to have the upper hand when you posted that comment.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Agreed. I saw that clip.

The good the protesters are doing is being overshadowed by the criminal elements.

You know, even Floyd's family has been calling for peace and telling people not to loot. And, the more you see them taking responsibility and disciplining those in their ranks, the better they look and the more their message will be heard. They understand that, which is why you are seeing it happen on a daily basis.

But, if a person sees someone looting? A baseball bat is a possible solution, but a gun would be better. No, I don't support the looters, but I DO support the protesters. That cop with the knee on Floyd's neck needs to be put away for a LONG time. Why do I say that? Because if you have a suspect and they stop moving, as the person who has them in custody, their safety and health is your concern, as it's part of the job. Learned that as part of the Security Force (base police basically) in Newport RI. And while the Gunny taught us a lot of submission holds, putting your knee on someone's neck was not one of them.

"Dictionary
pro·test·er
/ˈprōˌtestər,prəˈtestər/

noun
Lying criminal lover^^

"Dictionary
pro·test·er
/ˈprōˌtestər,prəˈtestər/

noun
Lying criminal lover^^
mikey, mikey. I find it mildly interesting when you put on your makeup and perform for USMB. You are still a clueless asshole posting in General Discussion, or anywhere on USMB for that matter.
"Conflation - An arsonist/loot/assaulter is not a protester."

That's the topic. Stay on point, mikey!

• Thanks
An arsonist/loot/assaulter is not a protester

of course not!

what they are..... they are COWARDS.

Agreed. I saw that clip.

You know, even Floyd's family has been calling for peace and telling people not to loot. And, the more you see them taking responsibility and disciplining those in their ranks, the better they look and the more their message will be heard. They understand that, which is why you are seeing it happen on a daily basis.

But, if a person sees someone looting? A baseball bat is a possible solution, but a gun would be better. No, I don't support the looters, but I DO support the protesters. That cop with the knee on Floyd's neck needs to be put away for a LONG time. Why do I say that? Because if you have a suspect and they stop moving, as the person who has them in custody, their safety and health is your concern, as it's part of the job. Learned that as part of the Security Force (base police basically) in Newport RI. And while the Gunny taught us a lot of submission holds, putting your knee on someone's neck was not one of them.
Hi ABS,
"Why do I say that? Because if you have a suspect and they stop moving, as the person who has them in custody, their safety and health is your concern, as it's part of the job. "

From your comment. My question is, do they even see that as part of their job?

• Thanks

This country was founded by violent protests.

Agreed. I saw that clip.

Hi ABS,
"Why do I say that? Because if you have a suspect and they stop moving, as the person who has them in custody, their safety and health is your concern, as it's part of the job. "

From your comment. My question is, do they even see that as part of their job?

I can't speak for the civilian police, because when I was on Security Force, I was active duty Navy, and yes, that is how we are trained. After you subdue and put the person in custody, their health is part of your job, because they aren't supposed to die being taken to jail. The Gunny who trained us was explicit on that.

And, I can tell you that the military police are WAY better trained and more disciplined than the civilian force. Reason I say that is because one day the Gunny decided to hold joint training with the Newport police and us. Not only that, but most policemen don't search a person for shit. Part of the training included competition, and we were told to see who had the better search techniques, them or us. Well, the exercise was that we had to somehow hide a plastic 45 cal. handgun on us, get arrested, put in the car, and still have possession of the gun, seeing who could sneak past who. Well, one of the things the Gunny taught us was that men don't like to pat down other men in the crotch. He then taught us how we could hide a gun in our crotch and would be mostly overlooked, but then he taught us a technique that catches even that. All you have to do is stick your thumbs in his pants around the belt, and run them all the way around on both sides at the same time. Catches a gun every time.

Well, the Newport police didn't know that technique, and when they patted me down, they missed the gun in my crotch. Well, because I was really flexible when I was young, I was able to take my cuffed hands from behind my back, sliding them under my legs and getting my hands in front of me again. Then, when the police officers stepped into the car to transport me, I pulled the gun, said "bang, you're both dead". Scared the hell out of them, and they were wondering how they missed it.

Needless to say, we stomped the hell out of them in competition.

Every election cycle this shit happens...............Ramped up by the media and the DNC............

Was Floyd Killed..........YUP.......
Is the officer arrested and charged.............YUP.....

WTF is the problem...........and how do you Honor the dead by killing others.....beating others.......looting, burning and destroying people's property that had nothing to do with it........

All BS........sponsered by the RACIST PARTY DNC.

The riots appear to be over in most places. NYC had another bad night, but not a single arrest yesterday in D.C., several cities have lifted their curfews, protests all over the country were peaceful. Today was memorials for Floyd. From the pics I saw, some of the crowds are still very large. Let's hope it stays that way.

Now we can all go back to worrying about Covid and unemployment and throwing our political opposition in prison.

The riots appear to be over in most places. NYC had another bad night, but not a single arrest yesterday in D.C., several cities have lifted their curfews, protests all over the country were peaceful. Today was memorials for Floyd. From the pics I saw, some of the crowds are still very large. Let's hope it stays that way.

Now we can all go back to worrying about Covid and unemployment and throwing our political opposition in prison.
Wait until the trial of these murderous cops is over.

Forum List

Back