How has your marriage been hurt?

Nine years ago, gay marriage was legalized. Many were sure that such a thing would irrevocably harm existing marriages, and it was claimed that marriage to animals would soon be enacted. I haven't found any evidence of all the terrible things we were told would happen. Somebody help me out here. What happened to all that destruction of marriage, or even the wedding announcements for all those Human/Animal marriages?
Please list in detail how your marriage has been harmed by gay marriage, or how marriage in general has been harmed. Do you think 9 years is just not enough time for those bad repercussions to gay marriage to develop? Do we have to wait longer for the bad effects to be shown?
It certainly made it seem less important.

Why?

Did people that are on their 3rd and 4th marriage make your marriage seem less important?
Primary reason for marriage is to have children. It’s not always the case of course but that is the primary reason IMO. Now all bets are off. So to me it makes it feel less important. Just my opinion.

Primary reason for marriage is to have children. It’s not always the case of course but that is the primary reason IMO. Now all bets are off. So to me it makes it feel less important. Just my opinion.

If you feel that is the main reason for marriage, then I guess it makes sense.

To me the primary reason for marriage is to spend the rest of your life with the on you love and get some benefits from the Govt while you are.

We did not get married just to have kids, and now that our kids are grown our marriage is again about us and only us.

Forum List

Back