Missouri bill to ban all child marriages runs into resistance from House Republicans

science says it not me,,

you do know what science and a dictionary is dont you??

Science says no such things. In fact, science says that it’s very damaging to young girls bodies to be having babies before their growth plates close.

Not that Republicans have any belief whatsoever in science, which puts the lie to all of their claims about sex, gender, biology, and abortion, climate change and evolution.

I was married at 15. At 15, i was working and had my own apartment. Married again when I was 16. It really depends on the person. Today we have immigrants from so many cultures that practice child marriage it's impractical to have such a nonsense law

you were married twice by the age of 16?

It would be more productive to ban teenage sex that leads to unwanted pregnancy, STDs, and iliteracy

Its the lib culture of adolescent promiscuity that causes the greatest social problems

Last edited:
It would be more productive ban teenage sex that leads to unwanted pregnancy, STDs, and iliteracy

Its the lib culture of adolescent promiscuity that causes the greatest social problems

Spoken like the true Big Govt loving authoritarian that you are.

Just how would you enforce this ban? Would you put both teens in jail for having sex?

Spoken like the true Big Govt loving authoritarian that you are.

Just how would you enforce this ban? Would you put both teens in jail for having sex?
As a Libertine I understand why you are for teenagers having sex but not marriage

so, you think that being married twice by the age of 16 is a good endorsement of getting married young?

so, you think that being married twice by the age of 16 is a good endorsement of getting married young?
It was the right thing for me to do. I certainly wasn't harmed by my decision. It's not up to you to tell a young woman whether or not she can get married.

It was the right thing for me to do. I certainly wasn't harmed by my decision. It's not up to you to tell a young woman whether or not she can get married.

Pretty much destroys the whole sanctity of marriage argument though

It's surprising that the people who support teenagers having indiscriminate sex is against those same teenagers getting married. What's the justification of that?

You did not answer the question.

How will you enforce a law banning sex among teenagers?
I never said I could

You seem to think that everyone is for big government except you

But I do think your lib culture that worships sex and pleasure over morality sends the wrong message to children and adults alike

Society could and should do more to help children get through childhood and become happy well adjusted adults instead of the carnal creatures you seem to idolize

I never said I could

You seem to think that everyone is for big government except you

But I do think your lib culture that worships sex and pleasure over morality sends the wrong message to children and adults alike

Society could and should do more to help children get through childhood and become happy well adjusted adults instead of the carnal creatures you seem to idolize

Should children be allowed to get married?

Forum List

Back