Zone1 How the Rules Change

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
How the world has changed. Im 70 years old and have seen a lot of changes.
Hard to get used to some things when most of you life you have been told these things were against the both God’s law and man's law.
So let’s review was prohibited now it is allowed
God’s laws
Eating meat on Friday
Being Gay
Gay Marriage
Mans Laws
Abortion
Marijuana
Gambling
Being Gay
Gay Marriage
Inter-racial marriage
Can you think of anymore?

Hard to get used to some things when most of you life you have been told these things were against the both God’s law and man's law.
God’s laws
Eating meat on Friday
Being Gay
Gay Marriage
Mans Laws
Abortion
Marijuana
Gambling
Being Gay
Gay Marriage
Inter-racial marriage
Far over and above any of those necessary changes that became necessary for Christianity to keep up with a modern world of science, is the huge reversal of it's dogma by the Catholic church accepting Darwinian evolution!

Can we begin with discussing that issue first and then go back to entertaining dogma that simply needed to end?

Far over and above any of those necessary changes that became necessary for Christianity to keep up with a modern world of science, is the huge reversal of it's dogma by the Catholic church accepting Darwinian evolution!

Can we begin with discussing that issue first and then go back to entertaining dogma that simply needed to end?
or was it science that didnt keep up with humanity and decided to play make believe??

or was it science that didnt keep up with humanity and decided to play make believe??
Can you have somebody with serious credentials propose your talking point for you?

Or maybe you can get it together to express yourself on the notion that science hasn't kept up?

Either way, it can all be in good humour with tongues in cheeks!

Can you have somebody with serious credentials propose your talking point for you?

Or maybe you can get it together to express yourself on the notion that science hasn't kept up?

Either way, it can all be in good humour with tongues in cheeks!
credentials dont mean shit when all you do is make assumptions based on opinions,,,

many credentialed scientist believe in intellegent design,,

according to your scientist we all came from pond sludge,,,

God’s laws
Eating meat on Friday
Being Gay
Gay Marriage
Mans Laws
Abortion
Marijuana
Gambling
Being Gay
Gay Marriage
Inter-racial marriage
Didn't learn much in your life
What changed about Friday was that you get to pick, Some sacrifice is still there only it can be Friday or some other day.
And there is a world of difference between gay attraction and actual perversion.
Am I an adulterer if I find Mariette next door irresistible but I resist
Man Laws (since the time of Plato are only laws if they are not immoral, else they are no laws at all.
Abortion is taking an innocent life.
marijuana and gambling --- well that is just silly. The same people that want to do either one still want to , always did and always will :) with absolutely no nod to legality !! You kinda jolt me with that one.
Inter-racial marriage is only a change for those who get married and are inter-racial. How people view it is separate , I certainly would not assume -- as you do -- that is say a Black marries a white that either one of them approves of certain marriages of Chinese or Indian or the llike. You can be perfectly okay with IR marriage and still kill Hindu untouchables or others who violate caste restrictions

And that last says something about you: People do right things for wrong reasons OFTEN

“The last act is the greatest treason. To do the right deed for the wrong reason.”​

― T.S. Eliot, Murder in the Cathedral

Didn't learn much in your life
What changed about Friday was that you get to pick, Some sacrifice is still there only it can be Friday or some other day.
And there is a world of difference between gay attraction and actual perversion.
Am I an adulterer if I find Mariette next door irresistible but I resist
Man Laws (since the time of Plato are only laws if they are not immoral, else they are no laws at all.
Abortion is taking an innocent life.
marijuana and gambling --- well that is just silly. The same people that want to do either one still want to , always did and always will :) with absolutely no nod to legality !! You kinda jolt me with that one.
Inter-racial marriage is only a change for those who get married and are inter-racial. How people view it is separate , I certainly would not assume -- as you do -- that is say a Black marries a white that either one of them approves of certain marriages of Chinese or Indian or the llike. You can be perfectly okay with IR marriage and still kill Hindu untouchables or others who violate caste restrictions

And that last says something about you: People do right things for wrong reasons OFTEN

“The last act is the greatest treason. To do the right deed for the wrong reason.”​

― T.S. Eliot, Murder in the Cathedral
You mis understand! I did not post to say if the changes were good or bad but rather they changed for whatever reason, When these thing were not allowed for 60 years of my life then all of a sudden they are acceptable just takes some getting used to

You mis understand! I did not post to say if the changes were good or bad but rather they changed for whatever reason, When these thing were not allowed for 60 years of my life then all of a sudden they are acceptable just takes some getting used to
The author of The Greatest Generation, Brokaw(?) I heard him speak and he said he left it out of the book but overwhelmingly when he asked his many interviewees the greatest change in their life --- he expected Lunar Landing, Computers, etc-- they said DIVORCE and you don't mention that. So I question not what you found but what you were looking for.

In my life the destruction of marriage and the family and the rise of perversion that is the one that lights up the sky

Is it possible that you were "taught" some very wrong things OP?

God’s laws
Eating meat on Friday
Being Gay
Gay Marriage
Mans Laws
Abortion
Marijuana
Gambling
Being Gay
Gay Marriage
Inter-racial marriage
times change each few decades bro ;)

???

The Catholic church started most modern sciences, and intelligent design has been their contention. Hell, a priest invented the big bang theory.

Are you just making things up because you hate the Catholic church or something?

Forum List

Back