Missouri bill to ban all child marriages runs into resistance from House Republicans

Not without their parents consent

And even then not every or any random child
”Every or any random child” is kind of how law works. They’re trying to establish a general law in that state, not hand-pick which children should get married and which shouldn’t.

”Every or any random child” is kind of how law works. They’re trying to establish a general law in that state, not hand-pick which children should get married and which shouldn’t.
You cant write laws to cover every situation

The best societies are self governing

Parents, teachers, extended family, the church, and the community in general are the best insurance against children getting into trouble

Which is not so different from hillary clinton and her infamous “it takes a village” quote

You cant write laws to cover every situation
Again, that’s exactly what laws do.

Either you pass the law that doesn’t allow any minors to get married or you don’t pass the law and continue to allow minors to get married.

I say don’t allow any minors to get married. They should wait until they’re 18 and then do whatever the hell they want. Which side do you support?

It's surprising that the people who support teenagers having indiscriminate sex is against those same teenagers getting married. What's the justification of that?

It is much less supporting anything than it is accepting reality.

I never said I could

You seem to think that everyone is for big government except you

Yet you are the one that suggested it.

But I do think your lib culture that worships sex and pleasure over morality sends the wrong message to children and adults alike

Sorry you do not enjoy sex, but there is nothing I can do to help you there.

Sort of cute to see a Trump sycophant speak of morality, but it is what it is.

Society could and should do more to help children get through childhood and become happy well adjusted adults instead of the carnal creatures you seem to idolize

Happy, well adjusted adult understand the beauty and pleasure that is sex.

Hmm...nice segue. AFAIK, no one is getting their children 'mutilated'. Surgery remains an over 18 affair.
Before you squeak out that puberty blockers are 'sexual mutilation'....they are not.
So, back to the topic..are you for or against child marriages..IE marriages where one or the other partner is over 18?

Adolescent girls are subjected to a mastectomy.

Are you really saying that teens having indiscriminate sex is acceptable but marriage is not? That's really peculiar.

Why?

Marriage is a life long commitment ,or it at least should be. Teens are not prepared to make that sort of decision and also people tend to change a lot between the age of 15 and 25.

Sex brings with it no such commitment.

Why?

Marriage is a life long commitment ,or it at least should be. Teens are not prepared to make that sort of decision and also people tend to change a lot between the age of 15 and 25.

Sex brings with it no such commitment.
Two of my high school classmates got married in high school. This was in the 1970’s. They are still married today.

Again, that’s exactly what laws do.

Either you pass the law that doesn’t allow any minors to get married or you don’t pass the law and continue to allow minors to get married.

I say don’t allow any minors to get married. They should wait until they’re 18 and then do whatever the hell they want. Which side do you support?
You are talking law which is inflexible and unthinking

I am merely expressing right and wrong

Rather than repeat myself I invite you to reread post #262

I would rather see young people marry than have children out of wedlock that ensures they and their children are far more likely to be low income/poor.
It’s not just a poverty thing. Social deviance in general emanates from lack of family structure. My middle class county has a depleted family structure issue though the median income is 30% higher than the national average. The school performance and crime issues are disastrous. Have been for decades. Morons like Okfine have no clue and essentially help to perpetuate the problem with their ignorance.

Two of my high school classmates got married in high school. This was in the 1970’s. They are still married today.

There are those rare cases where it works out,. but most turn out like the poster above that got married at 15 and again at 16

You are talking law which is inflexible and unthinking

I am merely expressing right and wrong

Rather than repeat myself I invite you to reread post #262

This is what you said....It would be more productive ban teenage sex that leads to unwanted pregnancy, STDs, and iliteracy

Banning something implies laws making it illegal.

Forum List

Back