Here We Go: Teacher Shortages 22-23

And as much as it pains me as a lover of history, so what.

I've been working for 30 years since I left the army in 1992. Who was president during the Civil War has never come up on an interview, during the execution of my job duties, or really any other discussion.

I worry less about the guy doesn't know when the civil war happened and MORE about the guy who proudly flies a Confederate Flag and thinks Lincoln was in the wrong.
You watch too much TV.

You obviously don't understand Common Core, like 99% of public school parents in America.\ athat are not educators.

The whole idea is that you're not supposed understand Common Core! It's like when corporations give their own proprietary names to fundamental accounting principles which are no different, except the proprietary terms give them "ownership" of your education and training. It puts them in control and has you forever being told you're wrong until you just say "yes" to the nonsense. Because education execs know that our youth are the future corporate monkeys of tomorrow, Common Core is implemented merely to condition people to say "yes" to nonsense and give away their power and ability for free thinking. And if you don't see it, then you've obviously already got Kool Aid stains under that lipstick you're wearing.

There Are No College English Majors; They Are All Literature Majors. That's Why Their Grammar Is So Ignorant and Dysfunctional.

With Geography, for example, students should learn first all the streets in their neighborhood, then the geography of the closest city. The rest should be learned outside of schools, by themselves on a need-to-know basis.

High school English should teach the same grammar subjects that are taught in grade school, except on a more advanced level. Literature shouldn't be taught at all; it is a frill. In fact, all Liberal Arts are really Leisure-Class Arts.
Reading good literature should improve one's grammar, writing composition, and vocabulary, as well as provide topical education. However, the material should be interesting. In my experience the only interesting books that I read were those chosen by me from the library (students that were up on their studies could opt out of 'study hall' and spend the time in the library perusing materials of their choice).

You don't think he was not taught that? If not, you are the bigger moron.
I was taught that - 50 years ago. And I still remember when the Civil War was and who was president. I even remember when WWII was! So how come I, after 5 decades, know these things - and a young adult a couple of years out of school doesn’t?

And as much as it pains me as a lover of history, so what.

I've been working for 30 years since I left the army in 1992. Who was president during the Civil War has never come up on an interview, during the execution of my job duties, or really any other discussion.

I worry less about the guy doesn't know when the civil war happened and MORE about the guy who proudly flies a Confederate Flag and thinks Lincoln was in the wrong.
It's not just history, it's our history. That's what makes it important.

I was taught that - 50 years ago. And I still remember when the Civil War was and who was president. I even remember when WWII was! So how come I, after 5 decades, know these things - and a young adult a couple of years out of school doesn’t?
We know it because it is constantly rehearsed in our media, entertainment, and in our culture, if not in our schools. Our nation isn't so old that our history should be forgotten or ignored.

Nope. Unless you want to make the same argument when it comes to the 2nd Amendment...it had its time. It fulfilled its purpose and has now become corrupt.
Wow , they don't come much dumber than you. Lemme guess , a Biden supporter?

We know it because it is constantly rehearsed in our media, entertainment, and in our culture, if not in our schools. Our nation isn't so old that our history should be forgotten or ignored.
Doesn’t explain why a 20-year-old doesn't know it.

Theory:

There are no new teachers.
There are liberals who bought diplomas in order to get certified to indoctrinate American children in the ways of Marxism.
Concervatives avoid careers in "education" because today's children are undisciplined, prone to violence and have no concept of RESPECT.
Liberals, on the other hand, love being hated.

You are obviously not intellectual lazy, but after some of your posts, you are VERY ignorant.

why would anyone teach in todays environment? parents are rabid and the admins are spineless..the minority is loud and proud (no gay reference) more the proud of the ignorance....book banning etc...

and yes look at the pay...and teachers having to pay for their own class supplies...the end of era of teachers teaching out of dedication and love of teaching...people say its okay for the low pay cause they only work 9 months a year....i swear i wish i could just punch those fools....

again a symptom of a county that doesnt value their children is the lack of free quality education...
Parents who want to protect their children from ideology that's offensive to them are "rabid".

tick tock, motherfuckers.

tick tock

Forum List

Back