Here We Go: Teacher Shortages 22-23

They can take music lessons after school, like I did. It is more important to have a basic knowledge of history than know how to play the piano.

I’ve been hearing lately how poorly educated kids are who come out of government schools, so I put it to the test last week and asked a 20-year-old the following questions:

1) When was the Civil War?
2) Who was president during it?
3) When was World War 2.

Her answers were:

1) The 1700s
2) Jefferson
3) 1912

Public schools are graduating total ignoramuses.
Not HERE

To disagree with any liberal is to risk your family being assaulted, your home burned and your forehead being mutilated with "RACIST" seared into it.

And that's why we cannot allow the 2nd amendment to die.

To disagree with any liberal is to risk your family being assaulted, your home burned and your forehead being mutilated with "RACIST" seared into it.

And that's why we cannot allow the 2nd amendment to die.
LOLOLOLOL

Because I didn’t select my career based on whether or not I got the entire summer off. I selected my career based on my own interests and talents even though I would be limited to a total of three weeks off per year. I never even gave that part a thought: I knew that all professionals, except teachers, are expected to work full-time.

So you selected your career based on your interests and talents, but you expect even secondary students to memorize historical facts to the exclusion of learning what's critical to THEIR interests and talents--for their future.

Got it.

Yep. I got it.

So you selected your career based on your interests and talents, but you expect even secondary students to memorize historical facts to the exclusion of learning what's critical to THEIR interests and talents--for their future.

Got it.

Yep. I got it.
Good point. Based on what happens to people once out of school (and even while in school) strongly suggests that they weren't equipped with the knowledge needed to thrive, and in many cases to even survive.

Forum List

Back