Healthy Discusion About Marijuana

I thought that a discussion about whether or not that the current classification of Marijuana is correct. I am not trying to start a bashing competition, I just want to have a dialog about this under talked about subject.
I feel that marijuana should be legalized, regulated and taxed in the the United States for a number of reasons.
The first a most important reason is that this country is in debt $12,664,467,000,000 that is $113,443 per tax payer. Imagine if you personally owed $113,443 in taxes and kept acquiring more debt, sooner or later the lenders would cut you off but these rules don't apply to the United States Government. Since I have written this paragraph the debt has jumped up just about 1 million dollars. If Washington keeps borrowing money like that sooner or later no one will loan to them then where the will the greatest country in the world be?
In November California has bill going through it's state legislature.The initiative would tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol. Possessing up to one ounce of marijuana and growing up to 25 square feet per residence or parcel would be legal for those over 21. Sales to or possession by minors would still be banned. If this passes Cali predicts to make 1.3 billion dollars annually. Money that can be used to help the cash stricken economy California. 1.3 billion dollars in one state. If done on a national level the revenue could begin to chip away at the debt, pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and help the new health care bill get on its feat.
The legalization of marijuana would create jobs, from the cultivation to retail of the plant, that this country so desperately needs right now. With the unemployment rate nearly 10 percent and the under employed around 17 percent this country can't afford to say no to jobs.
A majority of the jobs that will be created will be in the hemp industry, that is currently illegal to manufacture under federal law. What is hemp? Hemp is a distinct variety of the plant species cannabis sativa L. that contains minimal (less than 1%) amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. It is a tall, slender, fibrous plant similar to flax or kenaf. Various parts of the plant can be utilized in the making of textiles, paper, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics, foodstuffs, insulation, animal feed and other products. (Taken from Norml.org)
Hemp can be used for over 5000 environmentally safe products to include non-toxic diesel, paper that doesn't need chlorine bleach, which heavily pollutes rives near wood-pulp paper mills, textile products and you can even build a house out of hemp and many others. Hemp also has a 100 day grow cycle and requires less pesticides and herbicides then common replacements such as cotton and leaves the soil virtually weed free for the next planting cycle.
To some it up, legalizing marijuana can reduce the national debt, provide jobs, reduce foreign dependence on oil and set our country along the right path the be environmentally safe.

Sorry doper....it ain't gonna happen....my suggestion to you is move to Holland, claim pothead refugee status and mooch off them.

The only problem I have with treating pot like booze is that there is no good efficient way to determine intoxication level for DUI purposes.

that is the only reason that I have heard to keep the current ban on Marijuana but there is a way to tell if you are high or not. I think it should be an all or nothing deal when it comes to driving

Easy fix. Any posititive test for MJ is defined as equal to a .08 BA, and by definition DUI. Seems any state legislature would pass such a law. If a field sobriety test suggests intoxication, a urine test will provide evidence of MJ intoxication. The tests are inexpensive and can test for several illegal substances as well as some Rx drugs of abuse.

lol!..

...many of the same goddamned republicrat fools who complain the loudest about 'big bad government' are the most ardent cheerleaders for CLEARLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL (please argue with me here, you stoooooooooooopid drug-war cheerleading loudmouths) laws which interfere with/deny the obvious, unalienable right to self-medication, ingestion, plant cultivation, etc..

...btw, you dumbazz republicrat 'legalizers and taxers' are wrong too..'pot' is EXTREMELY VIGOROUS AND EASY TO GROW..any attempts to 'tax' it after 'legalization' will result in MANY MORE people growing their own...your stinking 'tax' won't even cover the paychecks of your stinking tax agents, etc...

...the answer to this republicrat 'drug problem' can be found on the earliest coins from the US mint which bore the inscription, "MIND YOUR BUSINESS".. ;)

Last edited:
The cost of reefer being illegal:
1. Thousands of dead people from drug turf wars. Women and children. Decriminalize all drugs and all of these people live. How many deaths from gangs over Budweiser or Maker's Mark?
Dumbass Americans.
2.Tens of Billions in enfcement savings.
3. Tens of Billions in correctional savings.
4. Tens of billions in court cost savings.
5. Tens of billions in societal savings.
6. Tens of billions in support savings.
Decriminalize all drugs and immediately we save 100 billion the first year.
Tax it and we bring in more billions.
Prescription drug abuse and over use is the real problem these days, not reefer.
Anyone that favors continued prohibition of these drugs is a God Damn Fool.
Drugs ARE A HEALTH PROBLEM DUMBASSES. NOT a criminal problem.
Explain to me how Budweiser or Ambien is a criminal problem.

...btw, you dumbazz republicrat 'legalizers and taxers' are wrong too..'pot' is EXTREMELY VIGOROUS AND EASY TO GROW..any attempts to 'tax' it after 'legalization' will result in MANY MORE people growing their own...your stinking 'tax' won't even cover the paychecks of your stinking tax agents, etc...

I'm not sure exactly what you are getting at here, but regardless, whether people grow it themselves is irrelevant. People can grow their own vegetable gardens, just as one example, but most opt to buy it already cultivated and readily available in the grocery stores.

jdavij2003 writes: "People can grow their own vegetable gardens, just as one example, but most opt to buy it already cultivated and readily available in the grocery stores.

..of course..but that's because there is no 'exise tax' on vegetables raising the price..

...work with me here..cucumbers sell for, say, 1 federal reserve token ('dollar' to republicrat mullets) ;) per pound...

...if growing marijuana was TRULY 'legal' (like growing cucumbers in your garden) and if you tax marijuana even $10/pound, LOTS MORE people would/will grow marijuana and sell it to others undercutting the government 'tax price'..

...hint: marijuana is EASIER TO GROW THAN CUCUMBERS..ANY ATTEMPTS TO 'TAX IT' WILL RESULT IN THE SAME SITUATION THAT WOULD HAPPEN IF SOME GODDAMNED REPUBLICRATS DECIDED TO TAX CUCUMBERS..

...please republicrats, learn to mind your own business..smoke/grow pot on your property if you want and allow others the same freedom.....if you want to deny people from smoking pot on YOUR property, i'm with you 100%!..

Last edited:
This post was not supposed to be how you smoke.

If legalized the money saved on prosecution and enforcement of marijuana laws could be well in the billions. Money that could be used to fund better training for teachers, new roads, tax cuts.

You can't really expect for people not to talk about how we smoke.. It's kinda the whole point..

But I agree.. It would save a lot of money on the "War On Pot", First of all, it would put the Drug Dealers out of business, since Company's and stores would start selling...

And a Benefit out of that, is that your sure that your Pot isn't Laced.

Legal Marijuana would also be cheaper then current street prices

It all depends on what type it is..

Some might be cheaper sometimes it might be a little more expensive for the really good stuff.

I wouldn't mind paying a little more to make sure my stuff isn't Laced.

You can't really expect for people not to talk about how we smoke.. It's kinda the whole point..

But I agree.. It would save a lot of money on the "War On Pot", First of all, it would put the Drug Dealers out of business, since Company's and stores would start selling...

Some might be cheaper sometimes it might be a little more expensive for the really good stuff.

I have tried it but I am by no means a regular smoker....but how often if it laced?

That is why I like living in Washington, it is all pretty much the same price. You can pay maybe five or ten more for the good stuff.
And I have never had laced pot.

I have tried it but I am by no means a regular smoker....but how often if it laced?

Not very often.. It's pretty hard to lace Pot.

I mean, In my own experience I think i've had Pot Laced maybe once?

I had a small party at my house when my parents were gone for the weekend, and we had about 10grams or so combined with everyone elses..

The next morning we had about 3-4 left and i decided to "Wake and Bake" and i'm pretty sure i got heavily buzzed wayy to quick..

So I think that's the only time I think my Pot was Laced..

That is why I like living in Washington, it is all pretty much the same price. You can pay maybe five or ten more for the good stuff.

Well here in NC depends on what type you buy it can sometimes be over 50 for 4-5 Grams.

Don't know how much it is in WA.

Last edited:

I had a small party at my house when my parents were gone for the weekend, and we had about 10grams or so combined with everyone elses..

The next morning we had about 3-4 left and i decided to "Wake and Bake" and i'm pretty sure i got heavily buzzed wayy to quick..

You always get more stoned when you wake and bake. ;)
You just probably had better pot than usual. :D

And I am pretty sure laced pot is mostly an urban legend.

Well here in NC depends on what type you buy it can sometimes be over 50 for 4-5 Grams.

Don't know how much it is in WA.

average is 40

haha Honestly it was the first time that some Pot managed to survive the night, so It was the first time I "Wake and Baked' :lol:

So maybe.. Maybe it was better stuff or just a better buzz in the morning..

I don't know.. I know some people have told me Pot Dealers put some stuff in it to give it an extra kick to attract customers.. but who knows..

average is 40

That's not too bad..

haha Honestly it was the first time that some Pot managed to survive the night, so It was the first time I "Wake and Baked' :lol:

I don't know.. I know some people have told me Pot Dealers put some stuff in it to give it an extra kick to attract customers.. but who knows..

average is 40

That's not too bad..

Not to sound rude, but was it your DARE officer who told you that?

And trust me, you always get more stoned in the morning. I am a professional! ;)

average is 40

That's not too bad..

And trust me, you always get more stoned in the morning. I am a professional! ;)

hahha nahh... It was one of my buds, and yes we were stoned.. So I maybe he's just talking out of his ass. :lol:

Then I'll make sure to at least save a gram for the next morning next time i buy some. :thup:

That's not too bad..

hahha nahh... It was one of my buds, and yes we were stoned.. So I maybe he's just talking out of his ass. :lol:

Then I'll make sure to at least save a gram for the next morning next time i buy some. :thup:

You always hide a bowl before going out for the night. ;)
Just don't forget where you put it.

Six pages in, and not a credible link to be found.

Legalization would decrease the price, as you are currently paying people to risk death/imprisonment to get the stuff to you. Odds are, any (reasonable) tax the government levies will be less than the cost of the smuggling.

Not to mention, with legalization, you will reap the benefits of mass-production. I'm sure Phillip Morris could modify their factories to produce uniform marijuana cigarettes easily enough.

Six pages in, and not a credible link to be found.

Legalization would decrease the price, as you are currently paying people to risk death/imprisonment to get the stuff to you. Odds are, any (reasonable) tax the government levies will be less than the cost of the smuggling.

Not to mention, with legalization, you will reap the benefits of mass-production. I'm sure Phillip Morris could modify their factories to produce uniform marijuana cigarettes easily enough.

I would rather not have Phillip Morris anywhere near my pot. ;)

smoke one marijuana cigarette and you've done the damage of 1 package of cigarettes.. not to mention loss of brain cells.. most democwats suffer from this.. :eusa_angel:

Show me one person who has gotten lung cancer from smoking pot

I can show you research that links pot to mental illnesses such as paranoia. Just sayin'.

*Considers the possibility of the link between pot -> mental illness ->supporting Obama. Hmmmm.*

Forum List

Back