Healthy Discusion About Marijuana

If the cops had a little meter like the diabetes testers that checked for blood levels of pot?
I don't know if there is such technology but it isn't far fetched. I am sure it is very do able in a short amount of time. They make the dip stick test for THC(active ingredient in marijuana) and that can tell you weather or not you have THC in your urine in a matter of seconds. It wouldn't be going on a limb to say they could make something similar to that for blood for law enforcement

The illegal growers in Northern California are doing their best to get the measure defeated. That would really ruin the price of the pot that they grow.

I have no dog in this fight. I have never used, nor intend to use, pot. However, I would far rather be around someone stoned than an aggressive drunk. And I like my port once in a while.

smoke one marijuana cigarette and you've done the damage of 1 package of cigarettes.. not to mention loss of brain cells.. most democwats suffer from this.. :eusa_angel:

The medical detriments of using pot are irrelevant. What is relevant is that marijuana, if legalized nationally, would provide substantial revenue in tax money.

What are the reasons for NOT legalizing the sale and use of marijuana?

smoke one marijuana cigarette and you've done the damage of 1 package of cigarettes.. not to mention loss of brain cells.. most democwats suffer from this.. :eusa_angel:

The medical detriments of using pot are irrelevant. What is relevant is that marijuana, if legalized nationally, would provide substantial revenue in tax money.

A scarcity of Cheetohs and Frito-Lays?

Just one more favorable outcome. Stimulation of the snack food industry.

And some funions!

I am a conservative & I have to disagree with you. I have conservative friends who have smoked marijuana for decades--& believe me--their brain cells work just fine. Many are professional people & business owners--who prefer marijuana over alcohol just to relax with. I know some that use it to sleep at night--to wake up refreshed for another busy day. They're just fine--law abiding--tax paying citizens of this country--who like & enjoy marijuana.---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

However, the federal government will not legalize marijuana because they have thrown thousands in federal prison over it. Could you imagine the law suits over legalization--while keeping offenders (for marijuana possession only) in prison for years?

In might interest you to know that the largest CORPORATE LOBBYIST against the use of medical marijuana in this country--is the pharmacutical industry. This while the pharmacutical industry has been PUSHING all their new pills on the American public for several years now, which has driven our medical insurance rates through the roof. Pills for erectile dysfunction--restless leg syndrome--dry eye syndrome & all the depression pills--etc. etc. etc.

Now when you're watching T.V. tonight--take note of all these new pill advertisements--that give you a 10 second description of what this new pill is for--then a 45 second warning of all the side effects--Which include: Blindness, suicidal thoughts, depression, weight gain, musle & joint pain, & even death--etc. etc. etc.

And YOU'RE worried about a completely natural organic plant that basically has no side effects. It doesn't "shrink your brain"--no one has ever died of an overdose of marijuana--& in fact no one has died from lung disease--brought on by long term use of marijuana. Now compare that with prescription pain pills that are highly addictive & over long term use destroy hearts, kidneys & livers.

The propoganda against this plant was bought & paid for by the pharmacutical industry in this country. And for good reason. If you could wipe out 50% of the prescription pills in your medicine cabinet--over something you can grow in your backyard--that would scare the holy bee-gee's out of any corporation, wouldn't it?---:lol::lol:

Right now 14 states have medical marijuana approval with another 14 states on the verge of doing the same. Meaning over half of this nation will have medical marijuana approval in short order.

I don't know about you--but I would prefer my hard earned tax dollars went to chasing down violent Mexican drug lords & street gangs that deal in crack/cocain/herion & the most hideous drug known to mankind--meth. Leave marijuana alone, & take it off the list for prosecution.

Last edited:
Anywho!

I'm a Conservative and I'm all for Legalizing Pot.. Trust me.. I have a healthy lifestyle, healthy job, social life, Play hockey 24/7, Graduated High School with a 3.5-3.6 GPA.

And Yes, I've smoked and Smoke pot now and then. But of course, only Socially.. I'm in NC so i can't keep much at my house.. There are cops everywhere looking out for dealers.. Not where i live.. but in the Sketchy areas.

Anywho!

I'm a Conservative and I'm all for Legalizing Pot.. Trust me.. I have a healthy lifestyle, healthy job, social life, Play hockey 24/7, Graduated High School with a 3.5-3.6 GPA.

And Yes, I've smoked and Smoke pot now and then. But of course, only Socially.

I am quite addicted to it, I even hook a little to support my habit.

Anywho!

And Yes, I've smoked and Smoke pot now and then. But of course, only Socially.

I am quite addicted to it, I even hook a little to support my habit.

I buy my stuff on Friday to last the weekend.. Hotbox my TV Room or just go straight out to my friends house and chill there.. Thank god we have Wendys and BK like 5 mins away..

But when I do smoke, It's mostly with friends.. Sometimes i'll just finish up a gram or 2 by myself if some was left over.

Forum List

Back