Healthy Discusion About Marijuana

It's not healthy in any way shape or form to suck smoke into one's lungs.

That said if you want to suck smoke into your lungs feel free.

Obviously you've never heard of Vaporizing. No smoke, no toxins, no tar, just pure thc.

I don't care to know. A marijuana high is not my thing.

Hmmm...can you imagine how many lives would had been saved if some people said that about alcohol and driving?

This post was not supposed to be how you smoke.

If legalized the money saved on prosecution and enforcement of marijuana laws could be well in the billions. Money that could be used to fund better training for teachers, new roads, tax cuts.

You can't really expect for people not to talk about how we smoke.. It's kinda the whole point..

But I agree.. It would save a lot of money on the "War On Pot", First of all, it would put the Drug Dealers out of business, since Company's and stores would start selling...

And a Benefit out of that, is that your sure that your Pot isn't Laced.

Legal Marijuana would also be cheaper then current street prices

I doubt that.

What is the price for medical marijuana in California?

If it's more than $5 a BALE, it's overpriced.

Depends on what i have available.. lol..

Sometimes my Snow white pipe, or just a straight out Blunt..

That's chill. You ever try a vaporizer? :lol:

nope! never have.. I've always wanted to try it though.. Too damn expensive.. unless you buy a midget one. :lol:
Hell....we already had them, back around '69...when they were called electric-hash-pipes. There was a glass-like disk, between the electric-coil & whatever-you-were-smoking (Hash was $85/gram, then, and there was a lot, of it....but, Pot worked, just as well), so whatever-you-were-smoking never (actually) ignited. You were left with (what looked like) a gray-ash.

Those electric-hash-pipes sold for $15!!

I don't know why Republicans are against Marijuana
My guess is two-fold.

1) Pot is thought of as the hippie liberal drug.

2) Republicans tend to favor big corporations which would lose big if pot and hemp were legal to use and grow.

Historically, that is why NiXXon didn't decriminalize it back in the early 70s.

He was about to support it's decriminalization when (was it?) Holderman pointed out to him that the same people calling for his resignation and removal from office were pot smokers.

So instead of his proposing that pot be decriminalized, they made it a CLASS A drug.

His decision was ALL ABOUT politics, and not at all about the science.

Hmmm...can you imagine how many lives would had been saved if some people said that about alcohol and driving?

Or being stoned and driving? Or being spaced out on Vicadin and driving? Etc etc

Driving impaired has nothing to do with how one gets impaired now does it?

It does.

Being high from POT is nothing like being drunk.

Not that I propose that people drive while completely stoned, but comparing the outcomes of alcohol and driving with marijuana and driving is very silly.

The physical and (more importantly the psychologtical) effects are not remotely the same.

Stoners typically become more concerned about their driving, while juiceheads get less concerned about it, as but one example.

If legalized the money saved on prosecution and enforcement of marijuana laws could be well in the billions. Money that could be used to fund better training for teachers, new roads, tax cuts.
Who'd know better, than the pros?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ZyZFjWkIE]YouTube - Baltimore narc says legalize all drugs[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lIe1Lav4fY&feature=channel]YouTube - Former Fed Says Punish Cartels With Legalization[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEdzZaXwf8o&feature=related]YouTube - Cops say legalize drugs part1[/ame]​

You can't really expect for people not to talk about how we smoke.. It's kinda the whole point..

But I agree.. It would save a lot of money on the "War On Pot", First of all, it would put the Drug Dealers out of business, since Company's and stores would start selling...

....And, if you grew your own, it'd be cheaper, yet.​

Or being stoned and driving? Or being spaced out on Vicadin and driving? Etc etc

Driving impaired has nothing to do with how one gets impaired now does it?

It does.

Being high from POT is nothing like being drunk.

Not that I propose that people drive while completely stoned, but comparing the outcomes of alcohol and driving with marijuana and driving is very silly.

The physical and (more importantly the psychologtical) effects are not remotely the same.

Stoners typically become more concerned about their driving, while juiceheads get less concerned about it, as but one example.

Being more concerned does not mean they are driving as safely as they would if they were not stoned.

I thought that a discussion about whether or not that the current classification of Marijuana is correct. I am not trying to start a bashing competition, I just want to have a dialog about this under talked about subject.
I feel that marijuana should be legalized, regulated and taxed in the the United States for a number of reasons.
The first a most important reason is that this country is in debt $12,664,467,000,000 that is $113,443 per tax payer. Imagine if you personally owed $113,443 in taxes and kept acquiring more debt, sooner or later the lenders would cut you off but these rules don't apply to the United States Government. Since I have written this paragraph the debt has jumped up just about 1 million dollars. If Washington keeps borrowing money like that sooner or later no one will loan to them then where the will the greatest country in the world be?
In November California has bill going through it's state legislature.The initiative would tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol. Possessing up to one ounce of marijuana and growing up to 25 square feet per residence or parcel would be legal for those over 21. Sales to or possession by minors would still be banned. If this passes Cali predicts to make 1.3 billion dollars annually. Money that can be used to help the cash stricken economy California. 1.3 billion dollars in one state. If done on a national level the revenue could begin to chip away at the debt, pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and help the new health care bill get on its feat.
The legalization of marijuana would create jobs, from the cultivation to retail of the plant, that this country so desperately needs right now. With the unemployment rate nearly 10 percent and the under employed around 17 percent this country can't afford to say no to jobs.
A majority of the jobs that will be created will be in the hemp industry, that is currently illegal to manufacture under federal law. What is hemp? Hemp is a distinct variety of the plant species cannabis sativa L. that contains minimal (less than 1%) amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. It is a tall, slender, fibrous plant similar to flax or kenaf. Various parts of the plant can be utilized in the making of textiles, paper, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics, foodstuffs, insulation, animal feed and other products. (Taken from Norml.org)
Hemp can be used for over 5000 environmentally safe products to include non-toxic diesel, paper that doesn't need chlorine bleach, which heavily pollutes rives near wood-pulp paper mills, textile products and you can even build a house out of hemp and many others. Hemp also has a 100 day grow cycle and requires less pesticides and herbicides then common replacements such as cotton and leaves the soil virtually weed free for the next planting cycle.
To some it up, legalizing marijuana can reduce the national debt, provide jobs, reduce foreign dependence on oil and set our country along the right path the be environmentally safe.
Miss_Cleo.jpg

Sorry doper....it ain't gonna happen....​

the only problem i have with treating pot like booze is that there is no good efficient way to determine intoxication level for dui purposes.

that is the only reason that i have heard to keep the current ban on marijuana but there is a way to tell if you are high or not. I think it should be an all or nothing deal when it comes to driving

if a field sobriety test suggests intoxication, a urine test will provide evidence of mj intoxication.
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"....the scientific literature clearly states that the mere finding of marijuana in the urine without evidence of impairment can not be used to determine intoxication, the marijuana defense is dropped."

It all depends on what type it is..

Some might be cheaper sometimes it might be a little more expensive for the really good stuff.

I wouldn't mind paying a little more to make sure my stuff isn't Laced.
Type has ZIP to do with growing Pot.

The environment, within which it's grown, will determine it's potency....and, any-and-ALL environments can be replicated; typically, indoors.

Pot is a lot like wine....If there's some sucker, out there, willing to pay for some unique name/type....any smart-grower would be more-than-happy to accommodate such a customer!​

Not to mention, with legalization, you will reap the benefits of mass-production. I'm sure Phillip Morris could modify their factories to produce uniform marijuana cigarettes easily enough.
'Tis true....But, Budweiser has yet to kill the whole home-brew trip.

I'd imagine, people who live in cities would prefer the whole over-the-counter convenience.​

smoke one marijuana cigarette and you've done the damage of 1 package of cigarettes.. not to mention loss of brain cells.. most democwats suffer from this.. :eusa_angel:

Show me one person who has gotten lung cancer from smoking pot

I can show you research that links pot to mental illnesses such as paranoia. Just sayin'.
Gee.....what magazine (for bubble-headed, teeny-bimbos) did you see that, in???

:rolleyes:

I've been a stoner on-and-off since 1965.

I have lived in some very marginal places and know some pretty disreputable types.

I have never seen or bought hemp that was "laced" with a damned thing.

Another Urban legend brought to us thanks to the propaganda war on sanity, folks.
Not necessarily.....

Ya' never got any "dusted"-Pot, back (around) '70-'71?? That's really the only time I can remember, but...it did happen.

Then, ya' had the whole paraquat-trip.​

Legalize it, then ignore it.

Tax it commercially, if you insist, but give people the right to grow their own without facing tax consequences for doing so

The street value of marijuania will drop like a stone and that is as it should be.

After all it is nothing but an herb.

And when it is legalized, fewer and fewer kids will get involved with it, too. The social cache of using it will be gone from it.

And that WOULD be a good thing, I think.

Kids, being kids, are going to show up in school stoned, regardless of it legality, however.

Andspeaking as somebody who was a classroon teacher, stoned kids don't make good students.

Amusing perhaps, and easiler to deal with certainly, but not easily taught.
Agreed.

Back, around '85, when my son was in High School, I'd told him "If I ever hear o' you gettin' loaded, before goin' to school, the shit WILL come-DOWN!!" I'm certain the understanding was that...whatever he did, on weekends or Summer-vaction, was his business. This was in Boulder County (CO), when (even) I knew very-few people who didn't get high. He graduated with a 3.80...and, never had a cop bring him home.

Here's the BEST book for freaked-out parents & kids in their late-teens.​

I have never seen or bought hemp that was "laced" with a damned thing.

I've seen shit that was laced with PCP. That seems to only happen when you buy from really sketchy sources, but they'll add it to low-quality marijuana so they can attempt to pass it off as heads and ramp up the price accordingly.
I haven't heard of anybody doing that, for yeeeaaarrrs.

It's (also) been a long-time since I bought anything on the street, though.​

Forum List

Back