Having an Abortion IS Taking Responsibility for your Actions

Never really understood GOPers that scream “close your legs and be responsible” about abortion. If a woman becomes pregnant and does not want the child, then getting an abortion IS the responsible thing to do.

Killing a child is never an appropriate thing to do. Or are you one of those anti-science nutjobs who believes a child isn't alive until it exits the birth canal? That's voodoo.

Never really understood GOPers that scream “close your legs and be responsible” about abortion. If a woman becomes pregnant and does not want the child, then getting an abortion IS the responsible thing to do.
I agree.

All of you worthless bastards should follow suit.

Do the responsible thing.

Use hollow-points.

Bullshit. An abortion places the responsibility onto someone else. With murderous effect.

Besides, society has offered women numerous alternatives to escape the consequence of their bad decision. They can abandon their babies at safe spaces set up specifically for doing so, and adoption. Both less agregious than killing.

How do you figure that's the responsible thing to do? That's like saying a bank robber that turned himself in was responsible. No, getting a job and not robbing the bank in the first place is the responsible thing to do.

How do you figure that's the responsible thing to do? That's like saying a bank robber that turned himself in was responsible. No, getting a job and not robbing the bank in the first place is the responsible thing to do.
Robbing a bank is illegal, abortion is not.

Well, was not.

There's no way Republicans can take away a woman's right to get an abortion. They can make it extremely hard but illegal?

And I suppose if they lower it from 24 weeks down to 12, I guess women will learn to live with that deadline. At least abortion won't be "illegal". It will just be illegal after 12 weeks instead of 24.

I suppose any woman who has unprotected sex should start worrying 2 or 3 weeks after she had that sex now. Or she should take the morning after pill. My nephew is in college. The morning after pill is very popular. Costs him $60 he said.

Kind of like a women murdering her husband that she no longer wants.

Take responsibility by killing those who are in your way! Heil Soros.

There's no way Republicans can take away a woman's right to get an abortion. They can make it extremely hard but illegal?

And I suppose if they lower it from 24 weeks down to 12, I guess women will learn to live with that deadline. At least abortion won't be "illegal". It will just be illegal after 12 weeks instead of 24.

I suppose any woman who has unprotected sex should start worrying 2 or 3 weeks after she had that sex now. Or she should take the morning after pill. My nephew is in college. The morning after pill is very popular. Costs him $60 he said.

I have been advocating a true compromise for a long time but hardly anyone including this forum take it seriously it is the usual 100% no abortions to 100% all abortions, we need to get the fanatics out of the way to then be able to broker a real compromise to end this decades long squabbling.

Robbing a bank is illegal, abortion is not.

Well, was not.
But it's a good analogy. If a person messes up and robs a bank, it wasn't an accident. Same with having sex. There are no accidents when it comes to getting pregnant. But most people are lucky enough that they don't get pregnant when they have an "accident". If it happened more often to more people, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If more Republicans had accidents, they'd have more empathy for women who don't want to have a baby. Hell, most Republican male politicians have probably paid for abortions. We know Trump and Bush have.

Anyways, I was thinking if you rob a bank, the right thing to do actually is to turn yourself in. Face the consequences. Do your time. That doesn't mean have a baby. That means going to get an abortion is like turning yourself in. It's the right thing to do. Otherwise what are we suggesting here? That any pieces of shit can and should be parents? OMG I wish more people got abortions not less.

There is zero excuse for abortion in our society.

From thousands of forms of contraception to the morning after pill and plan B - there are no "unplanned pregnancies."

Abortion only happens when a woman CHOSES to get pregnant, then later changes her mind.

Pro-choicers need to stop acting like pregnancy and the cause is unknown, like some type of cancer diagnosis. Most, every mentally capable adult knows how pregnancy happens. And yes, not having sex is a way NOT to get pregnant. Ample amounts of birth control exist. There are ways to enjoy sex outside of intercourse. Hell a lot of woman may prefer oral stimulation over penetrative. My point, we all know the potential result of sex. It's not a surprise. There are many ways to avoid pregnancy while still enjoying "sex".

And I will put the a lot of the responsibility on men, who probably do pressure woman into unprotected sex and then when a pregnancy occurs, pressure the woman into an abortion.

Many choices could have been made that can avoid pregnancy. There are two equally culpable parties when sex occurs. Guys and gals, if there is not birth control present, don't stick it in. Find another hole, or use hands, or do something else.

Forum List

Back