Zone1 Greetings From Huntington Beach, CA

SurferH2O

Apr 27, 2024
Huntington Beach, CA
Greetings,

I am on the Right side of the spectrum, but with heavy Libertarian leanings.
  • Small Government
  • Individualism over Collectivism
  • Constitutionalism
  • America before Foreign Interests
In my personal life, I'm happily married and enjoy surfing, high level poker, basketball, free diving, and working out.

Greetings,

• Small Government
  • Constitutionalism
In my personal life, I'm happily married and enjoy surfing, high level poker, basketball, free diving, and working out.

34b25709c2b02fa6e2a4e6d877abd7bf.jpg

Greetings,

• Small Government
  • Constitutionalism
Welcome and enjoy.

Like most boards this one can have forums that are flamefests.

Some of the forums are for more protracted discussions.

Greetings,

• Small Government
  • Constitutionalism
Welcome to the site. It's a fun place with lots of hijinks.

What kind of poker do you like? Ever play 7 card low hole?

Welcome and have fun. I used to go to Huntington Beach as a kid, when we lived in Orange County. :) And imo surfing is the coolest sport.

Greetings,

• Small Government
  • Constitutionalism
I'm a little over the deep end regarding deer & goats but other than that we sound IDENTICAL in thought regarding political ideology. I appreciate folks that harbor an original intent Jeffersonian ideology. I am about 85% pure Classical Liberal(NOT social liberal!) of thought & 15% or so conservative of thought. I was a card carrying contributing member of our Libertarian party USA from 1983 through 2014(31 yrs.) I will be looking for your posts for sure! Have a good time on our USMB, the LAST of the FREE SPEECH M/B/'s on our planet earth!

Welcome to the site. It's a fun place with lots of hijinks.

What kind of poker do you like? Ever play 7 card low hole?

I mostly play Hold Em', but do enjoy Omaha. I come from a family of poker players, and have played final tables in Tahiti, Las Vegas, and of course SoCal. My biggest single cash was $164K and I got an offer to play pro with my buy ins taken care of with a 50/50 split, but my son was 4 years old at the time and that's no life for a kid to have... I also had a high paying job, so it would have been a foolish move.

I'm a little over the deep end regarding deer & goats but other than that we sound IDENTICAL in thought regarding political ideology. I appreciate folks that harbor an original intent Jeffersonian ideology. I am about 85% pure Classical Liberal(NOT social liberal!) of thought & 15% or so conservative of thought. I was a card carrying contributing member of our Libertarian party USA from 1983 through 2014(31 yrs.) I will be looking for your posts for sure! Have a good time on our USMB, the LAST of the FREE SPEECH M/B/'s on our planet earth!

I registered as a Libertarian and voted that way when HW Bush said, "no new taxes", and then proceeding to raise taxes. So, I voted for Bednarik and Browne for some years after that. I am all about person freedom and liberty and getting the government out of our lives.

Welcome from central MN.
Our surfers on Lake Superior tend to be a little hardened by our climate...
View attachment 938691
Anyways...
View attachment 938693
Welcome to the Jungle

Most surfers are a different breed. We are pretty individualistic and fiercely take care of our own. I'd surf that as I grew up a skier about an hour away from Squaw Valley. I was an expert skier by the age of 13-14 and didn't pick up surfing until college at UCSD, which spelled the end of my skiing life. There's nothing like paddling out in something over head, but I could also paddle out in poor surf, not catch a single wave, and still be really stoked about life and the world.

Greetings,

• Small Government
  • Constitutionalism

Welcome, we have so many questions.

Were the Beach Boys really surfers, or were they just California musicians trying to capitalize on surf music?

In the movie "Point Break", a string of bizarre bank robberies took place in Southern California, with the crooks donning masks of various former presidents, such as Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter. Ronald Reagan, and LBJ. If that had happened today, would they be wearing Joe Biden masks, Barack Obama masks, or Donald Trump masks?

The federal agent, Johnny Utah, played by Keanu Reeves infiltrated the suspected gang. But that was no ordinary group of robbers. They were all surfers, led by the charismatic Bodhi (Patrick Swayze) -- who was addicted to the rush of thievery. But when Utah fell in love with a female surfer, Tyler (Lori Petty), who was close to the gang, it complicated his sense of duty.

Why would surfers get an adrenaline rush out of robbing banks? Wouldn't riding those big waves give them enough rush? And how do you manage to stand upright while riding that board? I can't even ice skate without busting my ass. Some mornings I can't even stand up straight without falling over.

So many questions, so little time.

Another question: Do you like the Butthole Surfers, and what the hell is "Butthole Surfing" anyway?

Last edited:
Most surfers are a different breed. We are pretty individualistic and fiercely take care of our own. I'd surf that as I grew up a skier about an hour away from Squaw Valley. I was an expert skier by the age of 13-14 and didn't pick up surfing until college at UCSD, which spelled the end of my skiing life. There's nothing like paddling out in something over head, but I could also paddle out in poor surf, not catch a single wave, and still be really stoked about life and the world.
Never tried surfing myself as the only place here is far too cold for my comfort. Apparently the best waves north of Duluth are during Nov and Dec.

But I still will waterski in the summer when the lakes are more bearable. We are into fishing, boating and snowmobiling provides an extra rush during the long winter.

Welcome, we have so many questions.

Were the Beach Boys really surfers, or were they just California musicians trying to capitalize on surf music?

In the movie "Point Break", a string of bizarre bank robberies took place in Southern California, with the crooks donning masks of various former presidents, such as Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter. Ronald Reagan, and LBJ. If that had happened today, would they be wearing Joe Biden masks, Barack Obama masks, or Donald Trump masks?

The federal agent, Johnny Utah, played by Keanu Reeves infiltrated the suspected gang. But that was no ordinary group of robbers. They were all surfers, led by the charismatic Bodhi (Patrick Swayze) -- who was addicted to the rush of thievery. But when Utah fell in love with a female surfer, Tyler (Lori Petty), who was close to the gang, it complicated his sense of duty.

Why would surfers get an adrenaline rush out of robbing banks? Wouldn't riding those big waves give them enough rush? And how do you manage to stand upright while riding that board? I can't even ice skate without busting my ass. Some mornings I can't even stand up straight without falling over.

So many questions, so little time.

Another question: Do you like the Butthole Surfers, and what the hell is "Butthole Surfing" anyway?

The answer is not really, don't know, many of us are adrenaline friendly, popping up is the hardest part the key is learning in the right surf like Seal Beach, Blackies (Newport Beach), or Old Man's (San Onofre)... I did it the hard way at Black's (San Diego, La Jolla) and HB... which is a fast top to bottom wave. But, I grew up skating pools and skiing very high end cornice drops and places like KT22 and Scott's Chute which is real similar to dropping in on a big wave.

I don't know about butthole surfers, but I always wanted to surf naked. Now they'd probably arrest me.

Oh... the answer to the question I skipped is only when the sun is sparkly.

The answer is not really, don't know, many of us are adrenaline friendly, popping up is the hardest part the key is learning in the right surf like Seal Beach, Blackies (Newport Beach), or Old Man's (San Onofre)... I did it the hard way at Black's (San Diego, La Jolla) and HB... which is a fast top to bottom wave. But, I grew up skating pools and skiing very high end cornice drops and places like KT22 and Scott's Chute which is real similar to dropping in on a big wave.

I don't know about butthole surfers, but I always wanted to surf naked. Now they'd probably arrest me.

Oh... the answer to the question I skipped is only when the sun is sparkly.

You'll do well here. :laughing0301:

Greetings,

• Small Government
  • Constitutionalism
Welcome to USMB, SurferH2O. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Forum List

Back