Has "It's the Culture, Stupid" replaced "It's the Economy, Stupid"?

In short, he believes that the cultural issues -- particularly (a) immigration/the border and (b) gender, are now more primary political movers than the economy used to be.
Immigration is an economic issue, but it's also a sticky football. It gets some of anything else being thrown around.

It's not a matter of 'if' , it's a matter of 'why' ....~S~
Because it was intentional, it was subversive, and it was meant to steal the inheritance of the people from what their forefathers gave them.

Norman Dodd on the Power and Influence of Tax Exempt Foundations in America​

1,811 views Dec 19, 2020
In 1953, a congressional committee, the Reece Committee, conducted an investigation into tax exempt foundations, primarily Ford, Rockefeller, and Carnegie, to determine if they were using their financial resources for any purposes other than those for which the foundations were established. Norman Dodd, the lead investigator, submitted the committee’s findings in the Dodd Report, which stated that during the period of 1933-1936, a revolutionary change took place which “could not have occurred peacefully, or with the consent of the majority, unless education in the United States had been prepared in advance to endorse it,” primarily because this “revolution” opposed American traditions and values and promoted internationalism, collectivism, and moral relativism. According to the Dodd Report, this was achieved specifically by;

"Directing education in the United States toward an international viewpoint and discrediting the traditions to which it [formerly) had been dedicated."

"Decreasing the dependency of education upon the resources of the local community and freeing it from many of the natural safeguards inherent in this American tradition."

"Changing both school and college curricula to the point where they sometimes denied the principles underlying the American way of life.

"Over the next several years, Rene A. Wormser, who had been general counsel to the Reece Committee, wrote a book, Foundations: Their Power and Influence (1958). In the book, Wormser wrote of an emerging elite with vast financial resources and unchecked, unaccountable power "concentrated increasingly in the hands of an interlocking and self-perpetuating group.” Wormser further writes in the book;

"It is difficult for the public to understand that some of the great foundations which have done so much for us in some fields have acted tragically against the public interest in others, but the facts are there for the unprejudiced to recognize."

"The power of the individual foundation giant is enormous. When there is like-mindedness among a group of these giants, which apparently is due to the existence of a closely knit group of professional administrators in the social science field, the power is magnified hugely. When such foundations do good, they justify the tax-exempt status which the people grant them. When they do harm, it can be immense harm - there is virtually no counter-force to oppose them.

"Did the industrialists tell the people about their plans? Hardly, and many fiercely opposed the idea of having their children forcibly taken away from them to be educated by someone else, understandably so. By the time the Reece Committee conducted their investigation in 1953, the issue of subversive activities of tax exempt foundations had become a hot topic, but it had also been heavily politicized, helping to garner just as much support for the foundations as there was opposition, which, essentially diffused and neutralized inquiry, as politicization usually does. Ultimately, the committee failed to bring charges. Shorty before his death, Norman Dodd described, in this interview, his experience as lead investigator of the committee and its sabotage, which included the usual defamatory political stunts.

No culture, no national identity, no nation. This is the last backstop preventing a global technocratic totalitarian world order.

. . . the vast majority may not understand this precisely, but I believe after those lies of that scamdemic, they are now beginning to understand what it will mean for future generations.

Fareed Zakaria has a new book out that proposes a fundamental change in Americans' priorities, and (I don't know if he meant to do this) also goes a long way in explaining the rise and staying power of the MAGA movement.

In short, he believes that the cultural issues -- particularly (a) immigration/the border and (b) gender, are now more primary political movers than the economy used to be.

He also uses a very important term to describe this: "Backlash". I couldn't agree more, and I think it's key. I spent my first few years on this board concentrating on the tactics of the Left and how they'd create a -- wait for it -- backlash, and sure as hell, here we are.

I hadn't really thought about how the cultural issues have replaced the economy as #1, but I think he may be right.

You still voted for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris twice, loser.

Fareed Zakaria has a new book out

I have skimmed this, I will probably come back and watch the whole thing later, maybe not.
O.K. I have went back over this, and watched the entire thing. I noted in the introduction to this speech, he was going to concentrate on things that were not in the book. I have not read the book, nor do I think I will, given how disingenuous, deceptive and manipulative of history and facts he was in this presentation.

He masterfully highlights aspects, events, and circumstances, which to most Americans, and their culture, are of absolutely NO concern. To the highly educated intellectual, political, and cultural international elites, who give lip service to "being American," but who are actually internationalist? Sure. To folks that value the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and what the founders envisioned for individual liberty and sovereignty? This guy is a clown.

He distorts and outright lies about many things in his presentation. The mischaracterization of the Tea Party movement itself was almost enough to make anyone just stahp listening to this shill.

iu
sandi-wentz-tea-party-073110jpg-bddfc5d997dcef4b.jpg

That's the moment they realized they could get got and that a permanent white majority and ruling class was in jeopardy. A black president was unimaginable in the 90s and then suddenly it was here. It's been an existential crisis for them ever since.
That's simply more cosplay. It also turns out that the biggest complainers of racism and discrimination are frail whites.
Nope. The left has overplayed the racist bigot thingy. Rational Americans are sick of it.
Indeed. The only "cosplayer," here is Curried Goats. It is like. . he is a Gen Z-er, and he hasn't a damn clue how Obama got elected, or WHO voted for him in the first place. Folks like these, are just putting down false narratives on this message-board, day, after damn day. . and this thread, is a waste of band width.

The media and the members that post like this? And this media shill Fareed & his book and this speech, belie reality.

The Obama-Trump Voters Are Real. Here’s What They Think.​

O.K. I have went back over this, and watched the entire thing. I noted in the introduction to this speech, he was going to concentrate on things that were not in the book. I have not read the book, nor do I think I will, given how disingenuous, deceptive and manipulative of history and facts he was in this presentation.

He masterfully highlights aspects, events, and circumstances, which to most Americans, and their culture, are of absolutely NO concern. To the highly educated intellectual, political, and cultural international elites, who give lip service to "being American," but who are actually internationalist? Sure. To folks that value the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and what the founders envisioned for individual liberty and sovereignty? This guy is a clown.

He distorts and outright lies about many things in his presentation. The mischaracterization of the Tea Party movement itself was almost enough to make anyone just stahp listening to this shill.

iu

Indeed. The only "cosplayer," here is Curried Goats. It is like. . he is a Gen Z-er, and he hasn't a damn clue how Obama got elected, or WHO voted for him in the first place. Folks like these, are just putting down false narratives on this message-board, day, after damn day. . and this thread, is a waste of band width.

The media and the members that post like this? And this media shill Fareed & his book and this speech, belie reality.

I actually don't know what generation I technically fall into. I was born in 81 so maybe one of you could tell me but I never really paid attention to that stuff. About Obama's election I saw the racist demagoguery and conspiracy theories with my own two eyes and then I saw white America elect the head, racist, conspiracy theorist. Did a lot of rural whites also vote for Obama? Yes they did. And those stupid fucktards thought simply electing a black person president would solve all of America's race problems and Black Americans would never bring it up again and it turns out that no, socio-economic inequalities that took centuries to cement didn't fix themselves with the election of one black president and those rural whites lost their fucking minds and joined their conspiracy theory addled brethren who had no minds to begin with.

iu

My point is not about the details of his words, it's about the overall message.

I agree with him that the biggest battle right now is over culture, not economics.

I agree with him that the biggest battle right now is over culture, not economics.
For the poor whites on the right sure. It's the S&M propaganda they got fed by the Bible and Reagan about rugged individualism coupled with being grateful when the elites dane to trickle on you. See their poverty is God's plan and the disproportionate share of wealth in the hands of a few is the meritocracy of the market. The wealthy liberals don't give a shit because they aren't affected by the economy and that leaves only the progressives who would like to change the laws so billionaires aren't a thing and also not be racist, bigots.

You have to look into the details, to UNDERSTAND, that the overall message is BULLSHIT.

Did you not understand yoar Plato? Or did you not have a formal edumacation?

I am calling out simple sophistry. . . and you are telling me. . YOU DON'T CARE? :wtf:

8m7k7u.jpg

You have to look into the details, to UNDERSTAND, that the overall message is BULLSHIT.

Did you not understand yoar Plato? Or did you not have a formal edumacation?

I am calling out simple sophistry. . . and you are telling me. . YOU DON'T CARE? :wtf:

8m7k7u.jpg
There is no shortage of sophistry from either silly end of our political spectrum.

So, correct, I don't care. I made a specific point, and that's it.

Fareed Zakaria has a new book out that proposes a fundamental change in Americans' priorities, and (I don't know if he meant to do this) also goes a long way in explaining the rise and staying power of the MAGA movement.

He also uses a very important term to describe this: "Backlash". I couldn't agree more, and I think it's key. I spent my first few years on this board concentrating on the tactics of the Left and how they'd create a -- wait for it -- backlash, and sure as hell, here we are.

I hadn't really thought about how the cultural issues have replaced the economy as #1, but I think he may be right.

The two are intertwined. A culture that takes from those who didn't earn it--and that would be the government taking from American citizens mega billions of dollars to give to the millions and millions of illegals that are invading our country--as well as Americans who would rather get freebies than work for what they need and want and not be responsible for what they owe. . .

And hard working tax payers who are required to give and give and give while receiving less and less. . .

It doesn't take maybe a whole generation before:

Those who receive without working are not inspired to work. . .

And those who work with far less benefit from it are not inspired to work as much, if at all. . .

Soon all are a lot poorer than they were before.

Last edited:
I actually don't know what generation I technically fall into. I was born in 81 so maybe one of you could tell me but I never really paid attention to that stuff. About Obama's election I saw the racist demagoguery and conspiracy theories with my own two eyes and then I saw white America elect the head, racist, conspiracy theorist. Did a lot of rural whites also vote for Obama? Yes they did. And those stupid fucktards thought simply electing a black person president would solve all of America's race problems and Black Americans would never bring it up again and it turns out that no, socio-economic inequalities that took centuries to cement didn't fix themselves with the election of one black president and those rural whites lost their fucking minds and joined their conspiracy theory addled brethren who had no minds to begin with.
White America elected Obama the first time dipshit.

Because it was intentional, it was subversive, and it was meant to steal the inheritance of the people from what their forefathers gave them.

Norman Dodd on the Power and Influence of Tax Exempt Foundations in America​

1,811 views Dec 19, 2020
In 1953, a congressional committee, the Reece Committee, conducted an investigation into tax exempt foundations, primarily Ford, Rockefeller, and Carnegie, to determine if they were using their financial resources for any purposes other than those for which the foundations were established. Norman Dodd, the lead investigator, submitted the committee’s findings in the Dodd Report, which stated that during the period of 1933-1936, a revolutionary change took place which “could not have occurred peacefully, or with the consent of the majority, unless education in the United States had been prepared in advance to endorse it,” primarily because this “revolution” opposed American traditions and values and promoted internationalism, collectivism, and moral relativism. According to the Dodd Report, this was achieved specifically by;

"Directing education in the United States toward an international viewpoint and discrediting the traditions to which it [formerly) had been dedicated."

"Decreasing the dependency of education upon the resources of the local community and freeing it from many of the natural safeguards inherent in this American tradition."

"Changing both school and college curricula to the point where they sometimes denied the principles underlying the American way of life.

"Over the next several years, Rene A. Wormser, who had been general counsel to the Reece Committee, wrote a book, Foundations: Their Power and Influence (1958). In the book, Wormser wrote of an emerging elite with vast financial resources and unchecked, unaccountable power "concentrated increasingly in the hands of an interlocking and self-perpetuating group.” Wormser further writes in the book;

"It is difficult for the public to understand that some of the great foundations which have done so much for us in some fields have acted tragically against the public interest in others, but the facts are there for the unprejudiced to recognize."

"The power of the individual foundation giant is enormous. When there is like-mindedness among a group of these giants, which apparently is due to the existence of a closely knit group of professional administrators in the social science field, the power is magnified hugely. When such foundations do good, they justify the tax-exempt status which the people grant them. When they do harm, it can be immense harm - there is virtually no counter-force to oppose them.

"Did the industrialists tell the people about their plans? Hardly, and many fiercely opposed the idea of having their children forcibly taken away from them to be educated by someone else, understandably so. By the time the Reece Committee conducted their investigation in 1953, the issue of subversive activities of tax exempt foundations had become a hot topic, but it had also been heavily politicized, helping to garner just as much support for the foundations as there was opposition, which, essentially diffused and neutralized inquiry, as politicization usually does. Ultimately, the committee failed to bring charges. Shorty before his death, Norman Dodd described, in this interview, his experience as lead investigator of the committee and its sabotage, which included the usual defamatory political stunts.

No culture, no national identity, no nation. This is the last backstop preventing a global technocratic totalitarian world order.

. . . the vast majority may not understand this precisely, but I believe after those lies of that scamdemic, they are now beginning to understand what it will mean for future generations.

5:16 in your video is all anyone needs know Mr B

We are literally on the cusp of mankinds decline into (for lack of term)...being less 'free' , being less 'human' , being less worth as a sentient life form

Yet while being at the whim, beacon and allegiance of those entitled elites who all have their lifeboats prepared by the same knaves and fools who trust them as best for all of us

~S~

Bullshit. The top two issues on voters minds now is the Economy and Illegal immigration (which is both economic and national security).

The two are intertwined. A culture that takes from those who didn't earn it--and that would be the government taking from American citizens mega billions of dollars to give to the millions and millions of illegals that are invading our country--as well as Americans who would rather get freebies than work for what they need and want and not be responsible for what they owe. . .

And hard working tax payers who are required to give and give and give while receiving less and less. . .

Let's get realistic here. The government's two biggest line items are Social Security and Medicare, middle-class entitlements that mainly go to white folks.

What we spend on poverty relief is a pittance.

Fifty Years since Tricky Dick, and you guys are still falling for this gag.

What's really sick about the demented LEFT is that they want to totally fuck up society; to RUIN it well after their own demise. Nothing short of EVIL
Generational ARSONISTS. :evil:

Let's get realistic here. The government's two biggest line items are Social Security and Medicare, middle-class entitlements that mainly go to white folks.

What we spend on poverty relief is a pittance.
And the majority of folks in poverty are white. Your point?

Forum List

Back