Happy Trails to me...

Now this surprised me!

What is next Taz leaving?

Good luck and just remember this is still the best place on the internet...

( Who will be the ones holding the gun to my head so I behave now? )

It is one of the best discussion boards on the planet.. But discussion isn't popular right now and not possible with what the entire media is pushing off as daily outrages. Hard to moderate the result of that because the entire daily news cycle needs to get filed in a bigger Rubber Room..

You are free to loot and pillage now.. But first -- you must take back the throne in the FZ.. Good luck soldier..

game-of-thrones-season-one-poster-sean-bean-ned-stark-1172337.jpeg

Now this surprised me!

It is one of the best discussion boards on the planet.. But discussion isn't popular right now and not possible with what the entire media is pushing off as daily outrages. Hard to moderate the result of that because the entire daily news cycle needs to get filed in a bigger Rubber Room..

You are free to loot and pillage now.. But first -- you must take back the throne in the FZ.. Good luck soldier..

game-of-thrones-season-one-poster-sean-bean-ned-stark-1172337.jpeg

The Zone is fine without it Jester and let be really honest Tree make a better King and no one will out Queen MDK!

Now this surprised me!

1610145948337.png
1610145948131.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.

You know I'll miss you...and you can't get rid of your mod status that easily. But I do understand.

Eva has one of the most beautiful voices EVER. Songbird is my favorite

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.
You're a part of the problem - I've seen you post easily debunked bull crap dozens of times, born of confirmation bias. Being that you're a part of this problem, you wouldn't be part of an adequate solution.

But good luck.

Sorry to see you go and I hope you don't hold it against me that I recommended you for the post!

Be well my friend!

I'm over that personal betrayal.. But the next time a friend offers me a great side job, I'm gonna ask a lot more questions first.. :coffee: I'll send ya PM once Biden brings the snow back to Sierras and I can go out there and see if I can make it down the intermediates at Northstar or Sierra Ski Ranch...

I'll happily supply the lift tickets! Diamond Peak is my local ski joint, it's just down the road from me, but I am happy to snowboard anywhere!

I left Cali just as you snow surfers were taking over. :dev3: It would probably be more natural for me as a Florida boy, but I'm getting to the "cant teach an old dog" phase... I've done Mt Rose and Incline a lot, but dont know why I never found Diamond Peak,..

I had to switch to snowboarding because my knees are shot. Now I just have to protect my wrists, elbows and shoulders :auiqs.jpg:

So we're not gonna do the most gnarly mogully ones right? I'm kinda relieved... LOL....

Ummmm, yeah....no! I hit a mogul and you will see a nice poof of snow and I will be done for the season!

You're a part of the problem - I've seen you post easily debunked bull crap dozens of times, born of confirmation bias. Being that you're a part of this problem, you wouldn't be part of an adequate solution.

But good luck.

I think he is a good poster, myself.

I just wish he had used the same principles as a Mod as he applies to politics at large.

But good luck.

I think he is a good poster, myself.

I just wish he had used the same principles as a Mod as he applies to politics at large.
Any time he has the opportunity to press a partisan dogma in the face of legitimate research, he does so - making him no better than anyone else engaged in the but but but but partisans crap.

Any time he has the opportunity to press a partisan dogma in the face of legitimate research, he does so - making him no better than anyone else engaged in the but but but but partisans crap.
He is far less partisan and dogmatic than you.
Horse shit - there's an objective answer to most things, this being one of them, and here's you... likely conflate a recognition of Trump as a failed Leader with partisanship x, y, z.

I'm not interested in the hurr dee durr back and forth therein. Anything I've criticized, I've done so with a backing... and you couldn't possibly document any differently. Therein lays a stark difference - one that's a make or break and for certain there's a called-for rationality test for folks that wish to have some meaningful voice for going forward.

Yer a mod...so you can't slap their sorry asses on iggie. Irritating, ain't it, MeBelle. Lucky me can't see any of them but I can tell they are doing their usual just by the responses they get.

ummmm

flacaltenn I'm still waiting on that TN mistletoe ;)

I ended up 1/2 killing myself getting it out of that poor Ash tree. Was laid up for weeks with a muscle tear. At that point, I had no interest in the Mistletoe business anymore. BUT -- there's still two more large bunches in large limbs that need to come down.. You can preserve it. Maybe for your birthday... LOL...

[

I ended up 1/2 killing myself getting it out of that poor Ash tree. Was laid up for weeks with a muscle tear. At that point, I had no interest in the Mistletoe business anymore. BUT -- there's still two more large bunches in large limbs that need to come down.. You can preserve it. Maybe for your birthday... LOL...

You should just get an extension saw and cut out entire branches from the tree.

You will appreciate the fact that you will always have a nice piece of ash at your disposal.

Too bad I didn’t get the chance to meet you you sound like the kind of person I was seeking when I came to this message board.

Forum List

Back