Happy Trails to me...

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.

"Kaos captured the Chief , 99. "
"Oh Max. What are we gonna do ?"
1609802794014.png

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.
Can I have yer sock?

Can I have yer sock?

Its got a bit of Cheetos dust on it right now.. But sure -- where do I mail it to??

Can I have yer sock?

Its got a bit of Cheetos dust on it right now.. But sure -- where do I mail it to??
Send it to April's house.

Wow, are you taking that walk of shame now?

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders.

Good for you, I guess, Flacc! Sadly, I considered you the best member here, the role model for the ideal person I'd want to read or talk to. You often said some of the most erudite things! Penetrated to the real HEART of the matter. I saved some of your comments on the fatal flaws in our legal system. Sadly, the problem here is OBVIOUS: you CAN'T have real conversations and discussions here because certain people are simply not interested in actually debating both sides of the matter or tearing apart FACTS, they are here for one reason only to TROLL threads with juvenile aplomb while disseminating purely partisan propaganda and trying to discredit all who disagree with them. That or they are true imbeciles with brain damage.

I put the 20 or so worst ones on ignore just to be able to have reasonable discussions some of the time. But the anarchists just keep coming like comets loosened from the Oort Cloud raining in.

Good luck with whatever you're doing and don't be a stranger too long . . .

Meanwhile...you and I have had our ups and downs..mostly ups. But staying here too long...ALL time time...can change someone. You are not the same as you used to be. And I know its due to the nonstop crap you have to deal with here. I think that is why Cereal Killer left too. Just too much bullshit. And no pay to boot. So...good luck wherever you go and whatever you do. I'll miss you. Sorta. :laugh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back