Happy Trails to me...

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.

Best of luck out there . . .

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.

I will genuinely miss you. You have done a good job imho. Best of luck in your new endeavor. :thup:

Your "passion for living," as Ashley Wilkes would say, and your excellent sock hunting sklls will be missed. And you're the only one that got my joke in that intro thread today.

Anyway, hope your new mission gives you a real sense of purpose and that it makes a difference in your corner of the world. God knows this place isn't where anyone comes to seriously change hearts and minds.

Best of Luck. Stop by and maybe I'll bring you a cookie.

1609810308929.png

Thanks for all that you've done for this community. It wouldn't exist without you. You will be sorely missed.

Best of luck to you... we rarely agreed, but you were great to talk to.

Wow, are you taking that walk of shame now?

Don't have a thing to be embarrassed about..

More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

Welcome to the world of how winning is done. :26:

Winning in discussion or campaigns is meaningless if your competition sucks.. I'll take great joy in helping Independents take those seats that either party thinks is SO SAFE -- that no one is PREPARED to run against them.. Give some well qualified Indies some resources and teach them some moves to embarrass the HELL out of those incumbents by talking about the IMPORTANT stuff that NEVER GETS FIXED -- and I'll have all the joy and comedy I need for the rest of my life..

You never walk alone.

:thup:
More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

Welcome to the world of how winning is done. :26:

Winning in discussion or campaigns is meaningless if your competition sucks.. I'll take great joy in helping Independents take those seats that either party thinks is SO SAFE -- that no one is PREPARED to run against them.. Give some well qualified Indies some resources and teach them some moves to embarrass the HELL out of those incumbents by talking about the IMPORTANT stuff that NEVER GETS FIXED -- and I'll have all the joy and comedy I need for the rest of my life..

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again
So you are going to be mostly absent forever.

Bess wishes to ya.......

Forum List

Back