Happy Trails to me...

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.

Wow, are you taking that walk of shame now?

Don't have a thing to be embarrassed about..

Wow, Jesus is listening, you know.

Cereal Killer left but didn't ask to stay in any capacity here.

With that said...I wish we could vote on who would be admin. You know.."where our voices count?"
Prove it by letting us say who we think would be best suited for all that post here. ALL that post here.

I would like to see Kat as head admin. She rocks when it comes to fixing bugs, is level headed, fair, and knows how to do it well....plus....everyone likes her.

Cereal Killer left but didn't ask to stay in any capacity here.

With that said...I wish we could vote on who would be admin. You know.."where our voices count?"
Prove it by letting us say who we think would be best suited for all that post here. ALL that post here.

I would like to see Kat as head admin. She rocks when it comes to fixing bugs, is level headed, fair, and knows how to do it well....plus....everyone likes her.

Sorry, but Democracy won't work. This board has a small majority of Rumpsters on it that have been shown the door at almost every other message board. I think we have had enough of Rumpsters being in control already and see the dangers there. Better to leave it like it is. Hell, even Flatiron.

I don't see members as a political party. I see how they respond to trolling, how they respond with their own opinions, how they deal with every day crap that happens here.

Whomever they choose to name as admin now that Aye and Flac are gone....they better choose someone that is fair, KIND when its needed, UNDERSTANDING, know-how on board function to keep it running smoothly behind the scenes in the control room, etc and has had years of experience in running a board.

Kat fits all those requirements.

Last edited:
I don't see members are a political party. I see how they respond to trolling, how they respond with their own opinions, how they deal with every day crap that happens here.

Whomever they choose to name as admin now that Aye and Flac are gone....they better choose someone that is fair, KIND when its needed, UNDERSTANDING, know-how on board function to keep it running smoothly behind the scenes in the control room, etc and has had years of experience in running a board.

Is AYE actually gone? If so, that's sure too bad. I know she hasn't been around, but I was hoping it was just a hiatus.

The entire reason I've volunteered for USMB this past 9 years is because I was convinced that our unique little cul de sac on the Internet would be the last refuge of actual discussion.. Because of our unique rules which focus on topical content and making topics somewhat unique.. That's gotten harder and harder to do here lately.. Aint YOUR fault this country is circling the drain. Everywhere we look for leadership -- all ya find is dishonesty, lying, deflection and IMMENSE hypocrisy.. It's a complete abdication of journalism, political leadership, and the more TOXIC forms of social media that see THEMSELVES as the protectors of the "real truth" -- who are doing most of lying, dishonesty, deflection and coughing up fur balls of hypocrisy every time they speak or tweet or post..

At a time like this -- I gotta do what I can personally do to "not be part of the problem".. Will be working on embarrassing the heck out of ALL those tools I just mentioned above with a new venture. All I'll say is that I'm joining forces to build up an issues/policy analysis resource for folks that run Independent campaigns. More of a private site for vetted candidates than a public discussion.

So -- I'm gonna be mostly absent until the this war is over and things become less phony and people take an interest in honest conversation and disagreement again.. I've asked to keep my mod room access, but that's up to the current staff to decide when to change that.

But in the mean time -- if anything is URGENT or needs attention -- PM or alert another of the NOW NINE moderators on staff.

I will miss the social aspects of USMB -- not so much reading thru threads of folks poking at each other like 5th graders. For the 10 or 11 years I've been here -- USMB was my break room and water cooler.. Once I get this operation up and running - I'll still drop by occasionally to misbehave and razz some folks that deserve it.. LOL..,.

Wow, are you taking that walk of shame now?

Don't have a thing to be embarrassed about..

Wow, Jesus is listening, you know.

Yeah, you shouldn't lie so much. That karmic bitch slap will hurt.

I don't see members are a political party. I see how they respond to trolling, how they respond with their own opinions, how they deal with every day crap that happens here.

Is AYE actually gone? If so, that's sure too bad. I know she hasn't been around, but I was hoping it was just a hiatus.
Not sure why or if its permanent, but while she is MIA,someone needs to rule the roost. The new mods don't have enough experience in my opinion, although I find them good mods (I doubted it when first announced but they have proven their worth).
Kat had a big huge board herself once upon a time. She has the smarts in board tech. She fits all the marks.

Not sure why or if its permanent, but while she is MIA,someone needs to rule the roost. The new mods don't have enough experience in my opinion, although I find them good mods (I doubted it when first announced but they have proven their worth).
Kat had a big huge board herself once upon a time. She has the smarts in board tech. She fits all the marks.

I think she is terrific.

:crybaby: FLC, one of the reasons I have remained here since my beloved cereal killer left is because you took charge. CK was so sharp and fun and well-rounded, that only you could be considered in his league as you both had commanding leadership abilities as well as intelligence and class and without pushing a political ideology. I loved being around here when you were. It brought me a feeling of safety.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for performing with a stellar presence your volunteer position here for so very long. You are a tenacious fellow and I will dearly miss you. I have held you in high esteem for a long while and I will never forget you and your many diligent efforts to bring civility to a board that will never be as inviting as were your many years of stewardship. I'm proud of your service to USMB and to the kind of man you are. Steady! Forthright! Honest and forgiving, trying in earnest to make people happy while complying with simple rules.

“Goodbyes are not forever,
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I’ll miss you,

Until we meet again.”

:smiliehug:

Best of luck, and many thanks for all of your help in learning how to navigate this minefield.

imho

This is just what we don't need. A Lead Maude that brings back chaos membership.

o my a mod/admin does a good bye thread and suddenly yall care? what happened to dont let the door blah blah blah....

and please dont think you have been a righteous admin...you are part of the reason this board became a storm front light...

You know I'll miss you...and you can't get rid of your mod status that easily. But I do understand.

Forum List

Back