Greenspan's right again

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
First he was right about admitting that it was foolish to believe that markets on Wall St would regulate themselves lol and now he's right about this:

Greenspan: Tax overhaul should be used to cut debt - Forbes.com
By ALAN FRAM , 09.13.11, 05:43 PM EDT

WASHINGTON -- Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan told Congress on Tuesday that new revenue raised from overhauling the tax code and eliminating loopholes should be used to reduce federal deficits, not to lower tax rates.

what ever happened to sacrifice for this "great nation" (Payland- speak)? :( Everybody wants something for free.

First he was right about admitting that it was foolish to believe that markets on Wall St would regulate themselves

why right?? you forgot to say because as a liberal you have no idea. Markets regulate perfectly in the absence of liberal government intervention.

WASHINGTON -- Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan told Congress on Tuesday that new revenue raised from overhauling the tax code and eliminating loopholes should be used to reduce federal deficits, not to lower tax rates.

why??? you forgot to say??? You have no clue!! The objective is to turn the private economy loose, not to feed the liberal government beast that should be cut to lower deficits.

First he was right about admitting that it was foolish to believe that markets on Wall St would regulate themselves

why right?? you forgot to say because as a liberal you have no idea. Markets regulate perfectly in the absence of liberal government intervention.

why??? you forgot to say??? You have no clue!! The objective is to turn the private economy loose, not to feed the liberal government beast that should be cut to lower deficits.

They regulated themselves perfectly in 2007-8 :doubt: Name one country, not including Somalia, that is 100% capitalism/regulation-free.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0[/ame]​

Last edited:
They regulated themselves perfectly in 2007-8 :doubt: Name one country, not including Somalia, that is 100% capitalism/regulation-free.

While I am not a fan of Wall Street, I am not sure how they didn't regulate themselves. They made bad choices and were going to pay a steep price.

The bummer is that we decided to bail them out.

What is the claim about being regulation free ? I am not sure I get the connections.

...Name one country, not including Somalia, that is 100% capitalism/regulation-free...
---and name one country, not including Somalia, that is 100% market-free. Back on the Planet Earth we accept the fact that human beings create markets and governments that can't exist without each other, and the adult question here is how much gov't do we want?

Greenspan supposedly says we need more taxes, at least according to Forbes. Greenspan's wrong a lot, and Forbes is wrong about what people say a lot. I know that if I pay more taxes then I'll lay off more workers. I'll still be ok, but is that what really what you want?

Forum List

Back