Great Speech.

Anyone can do a good speech when they have a teleprompter, Tired of him saying pass the bill how many times. Why didnt he do his job the first 2.5 years of his presidency

Not true, teleprompter or not, I am terrible at public speaking. That maxim about imagining the audience in their underwear just doesn't work! :lol:

Immie

I do, and growing to boot. I can honestly say that regulation is not the problem, and I'm in one of the most heavily regulated industries you can fathom. The problem is a shitty economy in general; Not only are sales slow, but you have to work extra hard to get them, and everybody wants a deal. This stems from the consumer level. The retail store slashes prices to encourage broke-ass people to buy their products, then pass along the price cut to the wholesaler who passes it on the the manufacturer/distributor (ME.)

A tax incentive would more than likely spark me to hire another person here, but really only because I'm on the fence about doing it anyway. (FYI a minimum wage employee working 40 hours a week would make only about half of what you say; Not that you can get anyone decent to work for minimum wage anyway).

The bigger picture here is that when people get back to work, everyone benefits - Consumers have more money to spend, businesses have more demand, and the government gets more revenues, even at the same tax rate. I think that multiplier is the ultimate hope for a proposal such as this one.

A minimum wage employee only MAKES half of what I said, but when you take into account the taxes you pay for them working for you, insurance, facilities, HR costs, etc., if you figure it out completely, it comes to around $30,000 a year. YOU pay for far more than just salary my friend. And do you know how Obamacare will affect that bottom line? No, I don't either. I know that my taxes and insurance is going to go up, but no one can tell me how much or anything else about it.

If you feel that this program proposed by the President is going to benefit you, then I think you should hire some more employees. My business involved IT. A lot of my friends are in manufacturing and service industries such as cleaning, etc. They are not convinced. I can't say as I blame them. I actually hope you are right. But I doubt it.

Economics are a funny thing. If this bill passes, and people think it will work, it will work. If they don't think it will work, they'll be right on that count as well.

Proving that this *new* stimulus is a joke, same with the first stimulus Obama did was.

The thing you don't take into context is that most people won't think this next Obama stimulus will work from the get go, that's just reality so it's an uphill battle based on nothing but a gamble.

Inflation will grow and people will horde the money they make on this horrid "short term stimulus." Next the Euro is crashing as we speak, meaning more people will not be thinking this stimulus will work due to global uncertainty. In the end we will see the economy being floated and then an inevitable crash with more massive new debt.

Obama is doing nothing but trying to find a way to blame Republicans not today but IN THE FUTURE for his failed policy of the past. It's sad Obama is holding the country hostage once again for nothing more than his future campaign.

If Obama wanted to try something honest and different he would do his tax cuts and look at stuff like regulations and PASS THAT BILL on it's own. Obama want's to tie everything together and call it a “jobs bill”instead of actually doing anything because he and everyone knows Obama's crap “plan” that is not even on paper yet will go nowhere...

Anyone can do a good speech when they have a teleprompter, Tired of him saying pass the bill how many times. Why didnt he do his job the first 2.5 years of his presidency

Too busy entertaining.

The first several months were dedicated, almost completely, to the Health Care Bill even while the people were shouting (to a deaf ear): "Where are the jobs? We need jobs!".

But thats just it, he was being divisive by his "agree to my plan if you want to keep teachers working" and by inserting rhetoric about taxes going up on people. Both of those things put the other side of the political spectrum in a bad spot and are not how you behave if your truly looking for cooperation.

Like O'reilly said in this clip I was just watching

Bill O'Reilly vs. White House Spox Jay Carney over '' The American Jobs Act'' - YouTube

Man that was hard to watch..which is sad because O'Reilly is probably the most "fair" pundit on FOX.

In any case...the President is not dealing with people that want to do anything. And this was in part about setting up a distinction. He didn't come down on them hard at all. But neither did he pull punches.

That's the way it should be.

I do admit o'reilly was being a bit rough with the guy in that clip.

The same thing that you are saying could be said both ways. The dems are being just as stubborn as the reps in this one, heck they have shot down 3 seperate jobs/economy proposals by the reps in the last year alone due to this stubborness and i'm expecting most reps are going to do the same exact thing on this.

Im not saying its justified because both sides are doing it ;)

But thats just it, he was being divisive by his "agree to my plan if you want to keep teachers working" and by inserting rhetoric about taxes going up on people. Both of those things put the other side of the political spectrum in a bad spot and are not how you behave if your truly looking for cooperation.

Like O'reilly said in this clip I was just watching

Bill O'Reilly vs. White House Spox Jay Carney over '' The American Jobs Act'' - YouTube

Man that was hard to watch..which is sad because O'Reilly is probably the most "fair" pundit on FOX.

In any case...the President is not dealing with people that want to do anything. And this was in part about setting up a distinction. He didn't come down on them hard at all. But neither did he pull punches.

That's the way it should be.

I do admit o'reilly was being a bit rough with the guy in that clip.

The same thing that you are saying could be said both ways. The dems are being just as stubborn as the reps in this one, heck they have shot down 3 seperate jobs/economy proposals by the reps in the last year alone due to this stubborness and i'm expecting most reps are going to do the same exact thing on this.

Im not saying its justified because both sides are doing it ;)

I watch him sometimes. He does good interviews from time to time. I don't mind a combative interviewer at all..just wish he would give the guy some time to answer the questions and not be so dismissive all the time. Chris Matthews is guilty of the same things sometimes as well.

And I don't really remember Republicans putting up anything that was "job" creating. Mostly what they put up was stuff for deregulation, cutting taxes and cutting (or killing) entitlement programs. The Ryan plan was lunacy..and the whole "cut, cap and balance" amendment was an historic debacle. What country in their right mind has anything approaching that in it's constitution?

If you know of anything else..please fill me in.

just another plan to give more money to his union friends. I want to know what happened to all the money from the last stimules program. 500 billion disapeared from the solar panel plant where is all that money?

President Obama's jobs speech was one of the weaker addresses of his presidency. The delivery was rushed, the laundry list of policies were rehashed from prior speeches and his constant refrain imploring Congress to "pass this jobs bill" made him come across like a salesman on a TV infomercial. While that may have worked in February 2009 when he was at the height of his popularity, the subsequent failure of the stimulus legislation has damaged his credibility.

Obama gives campaign speech to liberals | Campaign 2012

I thought it would be okay but this was better. President Obama really hit the mark with this one.

Surprisingly enough Canter was on a few shows and it looks like hes on board with alot of the proposals.

:eusa_eh:

All it was--was just another perfectly pronounced speech--and MOSTLY a repeat of the 100's of perfectly pronounced speeches he has given over the last 3-1/2 years.

NO NUTS AND BOLTS--just a lot of talk. The Nuts and Bolts portion he will figure out in the next coming weeks--of which he has assigned to the dismay of the debt ceiling review board responsible for cutting the debt--this mission too---:lol:

Furthermore it sounded like it was an all or nothing speech. Republicans ARE NOT GOING TO RAISE taxes on anyone in this economy--Obama knows it--so this speech was designed as his number one topic to campaign on.

I thought it would be okay but this was better. President Obama really hit the mark with this one.

Surprisingly enough Canter was on a few shows and it looks like hes on board with alot of the proposals.

All it was--was just another perfectly pronounced speech--and MOSTLY a repeat of the 100's of perfectly pronounced speeches he has given over the last 3-1/2 years.

NO NUTS AND BOLTS--just a lot of talk. The Nuts and Bolts portion he will figure out in the next coming weeks--of which he has assigned to the dismay of the debt ceiling review board responsible for cutting the debt--this mission too---:lol:

Furthermore it sounded like it was an all or nothing speech. Republicans ARE NOT GOING TO RAISE taxes on anyone in this economy--Obama knows it--so this speech was designed as his number one topic to campaign on.

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFM-xRKbSec]Judo - YouTube[/ame]

Obama did well however, you have to admit we need improvement soon. Obama cant just keep sounding the part and not produce.

its time for the gloves to come off, right now, last night gave me the feeling like im excited again. been a while since I can say that.

F Cantor, hes a douche. Im a bit more interested in what Bohner and McConnell have to say.

There has been plenty of talk about the subject...I will hold the applause for when we see some kind of result...

And no more counting this saved jobs bullshit..a year from now and the unemployment numbers have not improved at all I don't want Obama and the liberal media going on about what a huge success it was because of the jobs saved.

@BigGayLiberty

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwnFE_NpMsE]SASSY GAY FRIEND - Romeo & Juliet - YouTube[/ame]

Man..you were great in this!

What exactly did he say that he has not said a million times before.

By my count there were only 2 things new in the speech. The Employer Payroll Tax Cut, and is talking about looking into Removing Some Regulations.

Everything else sounded like a Stimulus Redo.

We just got done having our Credit Rating Down Graded, and being told we need to either raise Revenues or Cut spending to get our Borrowing under control. We have this big "Debt Deal" where they make promises to cut stuff later but only actually cut 22 Billion right now.

2 Weeks later Obama is asking to spending another .45 Trillion Dollars.

70% of Every Penny we borrowed this year is Owed to the FED. Because nobody wants to loan us shit tons of money anymore. They think were out of our minds. Were Printing this money, and that is what we will do if we pass this Bill.

And Obama's Promises that it will be paid for? What a joke, it's paid for all you have to do is Raise Capital Gains Taxes, Raise taxes on the Rich, and come up with some cuts to pay for it.

He is Presenting it as an all or nothing package, because he knows there is no way in hell the Republicans who's Base is Screaming Fiscal Responsibility, Can sign off on .45 Trillion of new Deficit Spending with the Promise of Raising Taxes to pay for it later. He does not want it to pass. He wants a Campaign Slogan.

Pathetic, in a time when we need real leadership in the WH, all we have is a good Campaigner.

@BigGayLiberty

SASSY GAY FRIEND - Romeo & Juliet - YouTube

Man..you were great in this!

tumblr_lltuz4KLxH1qaccwho1_400.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back