Google, not our courts or laws, is now the arbiter of what is considered lawful speech.

The left has longed desired to SILENCE any opposing viewpoints to the liberal narrative and it's so obvious now free speech in the USA is DEAD.

The enemy is at the gates and so many of you are ignoring it.
We have LAWS to punish ANY speech deemed to be a threat to others. And Google is not a law enforcement entity.

Many of you have the "they are a private business so they can do what they want" attitude. That attitude was fine for the first 200 years of our nation but times & technology have changed DRASTICALLY.

We simply can not allow any business to control the flow of public discourse.

Google & Apple are essentially acting just like the Communists & Authoritarians in other nations who control the flow of information.

Like it or not the "public square" is no longer the park or state house steps. It is online.

This kind of gatkeeping that crushes alternatives must be stopped.

And just for the record I don't use Parlor so this isn't a personal thing for me.
Treasonous trash have used the 1st amendment as a weapon for far too long.
Stop whining trumpkin loser
No wonder you feel disarmed, since your speech weapon is as effective as a plastic Spork.

We have LAWS to punish ANY speech deemed to be a threat to others. And Google is not a law enforcement entity.

Many of you have the "they are a private business so they can do what they want" attitude. That attitude was fine for the first 200 years of our nation but times & technology have changed DRASTICALLY.

Google & Apple are essentially acting just like the Communists & Authoritarians in other nations who control the flow of information.

Like it or not the "public square" is no longer the park or state house steps. It is online.

And just for the record I don't use Parlor so this isn't a personal thing for me.
It is a private company don't like it don't use them...
So a private company gets to decide who is breaking the law and to be considered dangerous?

What is stopping you from creating your own platform? Oh right, nothing. So, your speech isn't actually being stifled, you're just not being able to use someone else's property to disseminate your "speech".

Cook meth in your own house, don't try to do it at someone else's.
Thanks for volunteering to show us just how fucked in the head you filthy fucks actually are...cooking meth and free speech are now synonymous.

If the people are prevented from speaking freely they will resort to other means of expression.

It is online. And anyone can go and make a website and speak
I'm not talking about websites. I am talking about Google Play and Apple store gating content.

In the old days you could simply walk across the street to another vendor if you didn't like something a business said or did. That is not an option when there is only one outlet that plays God on mobile devices

Here';s proof:

unGoogle.us

What is stopping you from creating your own platform? Oh right, nothing. So, your speech isn't actually being stifled, you're just not being able to use someone else's property to disseminate your "speech".

Too dense to get it apparently.
Doesn't matter WHO creates it. Without Google & Apple your DOA. They are the only game in town on mobile.

I'm not talking about websites. I am talking about Google Play and Apple store gating content.

In the old days you could simply walk across the street to another vendor if you didn't like something a business said or did. That is not an option when there is only one outlet that plays God on mobile devices
You can side load apps on the google play story.
Apple may have a problem with monopolization in their App Store, this is more of a monetary issue than a speech one, and is already subject of a lawsuit from Epic games.

But Parler is dependent on Apple’s infrastructure to distribute their app, which means they can be asked to abide by rules as established by Apple.

Don’t like it? Make a website. All phones can access the internet. There is nothing essential about apps for free speech.

Bottom line is that your demands for free speech cannot compel the resources of someone else.

Apple may have a problem with monopolization in their App Store, this is more of a monetary issue than a speech one, and is already subject of a lawsuit from Epic games.

But Parler is dependent on Apple’s infrastructure to distribute their app, which means they can be asked to abide by rules as established by Apple.

Don’t like it? Make a website. All phones can access the internet. There is nothing essential about apps for free speech.

Bottom line is that your demands for free speech cannot compel the resources of someone else.
Epic lost

Epic lost
It was filed in August. I don’t see that there’s any decision yet.

Point is that the internet is open. You just have to pony up the cash to use it.

Epic lost

Point is that the internet is open. You just have to pony up the cash to use it.

Epic lost

That’s just a preliminary injunction. The case is ongoing.

Too dense to get it apparently.
Doesn't matter WHO creates it. Without Google & Apple your DOA. They are the only game in town on mobile.
So, make your own game. Get a Sheldon Addleson or the Devoss family to build the infrastructure. You did it for media, you can do it for social media.

It was Republicans that wanted the Fairness Doctrine gone. Reap what you sow.

Inside of 2 years, you guys will be bitching about Parler when they start censoring hate speech.

Don't speak to us about hate you liberal hack, the intolerant left openly HATE and half the country.

Yeah...blobbers don't hate anybody, right?

Eventually advertisers are not going to want their logo next to the Strormfront members using Parler and posting their hate speech. So Parler will start banning them.

I give it 2 years tops.

Google has always been the arbiter of what violates its own TOS.

Treasonous trash have used the 1st amendment as a weapon for far too long.
Stop whining trumpkin loser
1. Take you meds, Loon
2. Bake my cake

Inside of 2 years, you guys will be bitching about Parler when they start censoring hate speech.

Don't speak to us about hate you liberal hack, the intolerant left openly HATE and half the country.

Yeah...blobbers don't hate anybody, right?

Eventually advertisers are not going to want their logo next to the Strormfront members using Parler and posting their hate speech. So Parler will start banning them.

I give it 2 years tops.

Parler is already 'censoring' Lin Wood, deleting some of his posts after he threatened Pence.

Forum List

Back